Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 01-25-2007, 10:31 AM   #1
Avalon

Avalon is on a distinguished road
Hello all,

I am making this post in the hope that I can find some new players who are either experienced at playing roleplaying Muds, or who are totally new to the genre.

Avalon; The Legend Lives is one of the original Muds, created before the modern internet era (played via direct dialling) and has been in existence for more than 18 years. It was the first world to offer a true 'game world experience' with unique skills, guilds and city states.  It has a skills system which has been oft copied but never better and a unique world economy which the players control.

Over the years players have come and gone, heroes have been born and cowards have died. It has been in constant development and has become a brutal world in many respects where you are as good as your wits will allow, yet the peaceful often have more of an influence than the fighters would like to admit.

We are looking for people who revel in roleplaying, who understand the ideals of heroism and who make their own atmosphere in the land by their own actions and words. If you think you can add new life to an old world which is still vibrant but which needs new blood then we are offering a monthly discount. If you enter Avalon and when asked during the registration process where you heard about Avalon you answer Topmudsites.com then you will qualify for a 2/3rds discount. Instead of paying the usual monthly subscription of  £15 for your first month you can play for £5, unlimited for an entire month. In conjunction with this offer you will also be given 20 to 30 hours totally free so you can decide whether or not you will enjoy the land.

Please go to to find out more.

You're also welcome to discuss this offer with me in Avalon. I play Mephisto, god of the night.
Avalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 11:44 AM   #2
Fizban

Name: Brandon
Home MUD: The Builder Academy
Home MUD: 4 Dimensions
Fizban is on a distinguished road
I'm sorry, but wow... How many people are really willing to pay to play a MUD when they have thousands to choose from which are 100% free. I'd even play IRE before I'd pay a monthly subscription fee. At least there I can play for free if I so choose. Also..$15 per month, that's more than WoW, or Final Fantasy XI.
Fizban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 12:00 PM   #3
Valg

Home MUD: Carrion Fields
Valg will become famous soon enough
Fizban, the forum is "Advertising for Players". If an advertisement doesn't appeal to you, move on and there's not much reason to disparage it. Avalon has had the courtesy to explain right up front how their business model runs.

If an advertisement is misleading, incorrect, or otherwise malicious, then you'd have grounds to complain, as a service to other readers. Otherwise, take it to a different forum as a general issue.
Valg is offline   Reply With Quote

Discount for TopMudsites Users - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
topmudsites.com nerd131 Bugs and Suggestions 2 05-31-2006 05:34 PM
MUME - Multi Users in Middle Earth Aelason Advertising for Players 0 11-04-2005 04:33 AM
f WasAchaea/Topmudsites in syllabus. the_logos Tavern of the Blue Hand 2 10-23-2003 05:40 PM
TopMudSites LIst PinkFloyd Bugs and Suggestions 2 07-14-2002 04:25 PM
Topmudsites.com - The movie Seth Tavern of the Blue Hand 40 05-02-2002 03:02 PM