Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Old 09-18-2003, 12:51 AM   #61
CSmith_Fan

CSmith_Fan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to CSmith_Fan
Silrathi,
 You poor misguided twit. I could post a huge reply but you'd still fail to be able to comprehend even the most simple comments w/out a picture or two.

First..if you're going to repsond to my posts, read the #### things ok? taking 1-3 sentences and jammering like an idiot only spams this board. OK sweatpea? At least Malaclypse, though I might not agreee with him, reads the posts, thinks a bit and replies with something to make me ponder and reply. You? You're like B-rad in "Malibu's Most Wanted"..a moron.

Anyhoo..as for your post....Human rights? Yea..I guess you must advocate no due process, kidnappings that lead to executions with no trial, beheadings, stonings, etc. ? I think you should read my reply to Malaclypse about the same topic.

Erm..do I have to go into what freedom is again..because I cant draw and I have a feeling some people need  pictures.

Hrm..let see...programs begun by Bush Sr. in latter part of his admin. which sent interest rates at favorable levels, then Clniton comes in and 'sets the auto-pilot' and ride the Tech bubble we had, claiming it was because of him as well as the later Surplus..like Al Gore saying he invented the internet (which Apple and M& are still laughing about)

Why..we did with Ted Kennedy. More importantly..I'm siding with the side of the law that says..comming into this country is illegal. AND since we (America) can not legally shoot thses people, we have to arrest and deport them. See prior posting about this.

Gee..I guess the money there just magically appears from nowhere to be handed out in the form of welfare checks, unemployment checks and food stamps right? Wrong. Get your civics lessons correct. The state doles out money to the unemployed who have it comming to them. When their 'time' for collection is up, they just apply for welfare (from taxes) and food stamps (from more taxes) and pop kids out for tax exemptions at what now? $700 a child?

Actually, it does and your comment only reinforces my reply and contradicts your own. Long list of Bush initiated wars? Hrmm..try TWO..if they can be called 'wars'...Iraq and Afghanistan. As for Dems and wars vs Repubs and wars, check your history. Democrats have dragged us into wars more, screwed up military operations more and cut the military more than republicans. The reason why defense spenging is so high with Bush is because Clinton downsized and cut back a ton in the DoD. That would be akin to having a small bucket of quick-crete and having to make 20 large, 3 car driveways from it and with professional quality.

First...my 5,00 number? Called..ready? "an example". You do know what one is correct? As for the EU and their 'more important matters'..theyare more hypoctitical than what America appears to be by radicals.

See my last bit to Malaclypse because I hate repeating myself.
CSmith_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 02:16 AM   #62
malaclypse

malaclypse is on a distinguished road
I'm not denying that the overall human rights record in the Middle East is atrocious. I'm saying that their human rights record does not justify the US governments aggressive policies.

I'll say -again- that Saddam Husseins worst offenses occured while we were allies with him, under the Bush Sr. Administration. The gassing of the kurds occured mostly in the late 80's. We were supplying them weapons at that point in time. We turned a blind eye to the atrocity. We didn't attack Iraq the first time until he went against our wishes in 1991 when invading Kuwait... which I believe also happens to be a major base for the US military in the middle east. But thats just coincidence, right? It was for "Human rights".

I never mentioned anarchy, and I'm not an anarchist in any sense of the word.

Regarding the WTO: Thats exactly what I'm saying! Its an economic empire. International treaties pushed by the WTO require foreign governments to open their water, utility, and agriculture industries to US based multinational corporations, and they're lured by needed financial relief from the World Bank.

Ok, maybe you're not racist. Maybe you just don't understand that a law is stupid when it requires that vital and helpful members of our society be deported. I live in california, so I've seen personally what type of situation illegal immigrants are in. They use virtually no social services, because they have no documentation, and they contribute long hours doing labor that noone wants to do for a fraction of what is the legal minimum wage. Because of this, California's agriculture business has become dependent on them.

The situation there is that Israel is occupying Palestine. Now you could say that Palestine is attacking Israel and Israel is just responding just as easily as you could say the opposite: Palestine is merely reacting to Israeli aggression. But clearly the point is that before the violence will stop, Israel will have to pull their army out of Palestine, and stop occupying and settling on large portions of their land (regardless of the morality of originally displacing them to form Israel).

As far as Arafat supporting the suicide bombers, it could be debated on end because noone really knows for sure. My take on it is that he doesn't make concerted efforts to stop it only because he lacks the resources. It seems like it would be in his best interest to be able to stop the suicide bombers, because then he might be able to establish a true government, and subsequently a real army under his command, rather than islamic extremists.

- Ryan
malaclypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 06:29 PM   #63
FortFakeName

FortFakeName is on a distinguished road
FortFakeName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 03:20 AM   #64
Shyntlara

Shyntlara is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Shyntlara
Yowch! Seems as though we have an arguement that would make Jerry Springer cringe! I haven't really followed this topic through and through, but just by the name of the thread, I think I'm making myself a viable target... just wanted to point out that it's become a war, not just a flame, an arguement, a 'heated discussion'... it's becoming a war.
Shyntlara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 12:48 PM   #65
Delerak

Name: Dan
Delerak is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Delerak Send a message via AIM to Delerak Send a message via MSN to Delerak Send a message via Yahoo to Delerak
America thinks they own the moon too. Don't forget the moon.
Delerak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 10:53 AM   #66
KaVir
Legend

Name: Richard
Home MUD: God Wars II
KaVir will become famous soon enoughKaVir will become famous soon enough
Just a bit of a rant, but has anyone else noticed how the "Recent Forum Discussions" on the front page never seems to contain anything other than promotions?  With some people posting a separate advert for each job position, some repeating the exact same post on both the players and staff forums, and others constantly bumping their old ads (either with more advertising or sometimes even just the word "bump"), it's hardly surprising, but it's basically made the recent discussions list useless for actually following recent discussions. And on the rare occasions when there is actually a discussion, it turns out just to be Soljax crying about how he's been mistreated for cheating.
KaVir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 12:33 PM   #67
Alastair

Alastair is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Alastair
This is obviously a gross mischaracterization.

Soljax is complaining because his well-meant playtesting and superior game-balancing skills are being ignored on a constant basis by all those ungrateful imps who should be thanking him on their knees for the invaluable time he spends on their games.

They should all be RUSHING to get his advice instead of perma-banning him, yet he only earns ingratitude and insults.

BTW, KaVir, I'm sure you _need_ a scathing review explaining the fine points of the balancing mistakes between the Cobra, Asp and Viper stances wielding a main gauche on Glad 3. Why don't you let Soljax handle it? I'm pretty sure he'll also have lots to say about the black knight.
Alastair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 01:52 PM   #68
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
Dear Soljax:

Please don't play Armageddon. You won't like it anyway. There is no game balance. This is intentional. No one wants game balance in Armageddon. If there was such a thing, then everyone would be the same. That would be boring. Boring is a bad thing.

I'll save you the trouble:

Armageddon's game balance is non-existent, and it ain't gonna change for you, or anyone else.

There. There's your review. Now go find some hack-n-slash you can "win" like a good boy, hm?
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 03:14 PM   #69
soljax

soljax is on a distinguished road
I'd accept your challenge but I'm in the middle of finals season. Give me two weeks.
soljax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 12:45 AM   #70
tresspassor

tresspassor is on a distinguished road

Don't know where else to post this, but I'm getting all his CDs
tresspassor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 03:41 AM   #71
welcor

welcor is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to welcor
Don't know where else to post this, but I'm getting all his CDs

*CRINGE*

Did you actually listen to those mp3s on that site ??!!

Panic! You couldn't escape!!!
welcor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 06:02 PM   #72
Ilkidarios

Name: Lamont
Ilkidarios is on a distinguished road
Achaea sucks. Just felt like saying that.
Ilkidarios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 06:30 PM   #73
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
First of all, I just wanted to say that I agree completely. Your insightful flame is a boon to MUDers everywhere, but it's missing some valuable information for those who may want to see just how much it sucks. May I suggest visiting:

I find the worst thing about Achaea is that it's quite popular. If you're looking for a MUD that nobody else likes, this is not the place for you. Perhaps some of these quotes may help to convince other people of its extreme suckitude as well. Remember: STAY AWAY, it sucks!

"A widely respected MUD that downplays the traditional monster bashing in favor of highly developed player vs. player politics, economics, and world affairs." - about.com

"This is an RPG that harkens back to the good old days and is immensely popular." - G4/TechTV

"One of the biggest online text-based games." - Wired.com

"Few virtual worlds with an immensely complicated combat system avoid being completely dominated by it -- Achaea is the best-known exception." -- Dr. Richard Bartle, Inventor of MUDs

"I don't believe there's another game in existence with this much depth." - John Romero, Co-creator Doom and Quake.

In summary then, I think we can see that Achaea sucks ballz. Permit me to also warn you to stay away from other sucky games:

And you'll want to stay away from the evil company that owns all these sucky games:

Since the games are free to play, you too can witness first hand how much they suck without having to open your wallet!

--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 06:59 PM   #74
WarHound

Home MUD: Armageddon.org
WarHound is on a distinguished road
WarHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 07:19 PM   #75
the_logos
Legend

I've never had gonorrhea, but Achaea sucks so bad that I can't see how having some measly venereal disease could be worse. Thus, I maintain that Achaea is NOT better than a case of screaming gonorrhea.
--matt
Old 12-14-2004, 08:12 PM   #76
dragon master

dragon master is on a distinguished road
Real quotes this time?

Anyways, I can give many reasons why Achaea sucks:
1) The staff: Achea's staff aren't really human but are the infernal spawn of satan. The logos thinks he is in charge but it is really a cult of Satan(aka. Bill Gates) worshipers and vampires. 0/10
2) The Graphics: Achaea's graphics suck. 0/10
3) The Storyline: Iron Realms releasing a mud in order to gain more money. That stories been repeated so many times... 0/10
4) Payment: Not only do you have to pay money to become become ub3r powerful. You have to sacrifice your first born to become really powerful. 0/10
5) Overall coolness: Achaea starts with the letter a. The letter a stands for awfully uncool. 0/10
6) Politics: Achaea is played by lots of people. There were lots of people that voted for a bad canidate last election. Achaea must be at fault 0/10
7) XP: Achaea gives 2000xp to the first person who says "Achaea rocks my socks!" on the public channel each day. Free xp! 10/10
8) Classes: the classes Achea reminds me of the most are the ones I attend at school 0/10
9) Races: its a race to get Iron Realms the most money! Capitalism at its best! 10/10
10) Levels: Achea is really easy to level up in (especially if you are favored by the staff) 10/10

30/100, F, Achaea suxxors!
dragon master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 09:35 PM   #77
the_logos
Legend

I'd like to provide the sucky game Achaea with some more of this excellently free publicity, because a game that's so unbelievably sucky needs it, badly. So let's go into your reasons a bit more:

Well, ignoring the fact that I think it's unfair to malign Bill Gates or Satan by comparing him to Achaea's staff, I mainly agree. I'm not sure you really captured the depths of their depravity though.

I have to disagree here. I think they deserve worse than a 0, because not only does it barely have graphics, the graphics it does have are done using colored ASCII characters. I give it a -1 for graphics.

I'm not sure I entirely follow this but because it seems to be slamming Achaea, I agree completely. Trying to make money at something = suckage. I know I steadfastly refuse to buy food from any supermarket that is trying to make money. Why? Because they SUCK, just like Achaea.

God they suck so badly! Actually, I found a bug the other day in Achaea. A bug that exists in the design, because the designers SUCK. I discovered that it's actually possible to get anything you want in the game without ever spending a dime. I even met people that were abusing this 'bug' and had been getting away with it for years. Yet another reason Achaea SUCKS: They don't plug up design holes like this by forcing you to spend money to play or get good! THAT SUCKS. Fix bugs you idiot developers over there.

I am not sure this is sound reasoning. I mean, while Aetolia also starts with an 'a', neither Imperian nor Lusternia start with an 'a' and they still suck. I think we need a broader rule here than merely starting with an 'a', though that's probably a good place to start.

Preach ON, brother man! Who were those idiots who voted for Viktor Yushchenko anyway? Putin doesn't approve of him and as all reasonable people know, "Putin is puttin' the R back in Russia." Once again, Achaea sucks.

Oooh, no no, you are sadly mistaken here. You should not be rating this a 10/10. In fact, what Achaea does, so I have heard, is give 20,000 xp to the first person each day who can provide evidence of having kicked a puppy. They have to provide a photo of themselves kicking a puppy while holding up a sign that says, "Achaea rocks my socks!" so you know they were kicking the puppy specifically for the bonus. I can't get down with puppy-kickers.

What?? No, you're crazy. EVERYBODY on these boards with an ounce of sense knows that capitalism is evil and that charging people money for things makes you SUCK. You're simply wrong here. This is a 0/10. ACHAEA SUCKS.

Ok, but don't you think it could be easier to level up? And another thing that sucks about Achaea is that it's not all about monster bashing and gaining levels. I think that sucks. Any game where I can't succeed by mindless bashing of NPCs SUCKS.

I'd fire your ass if you taught at a school I ran. Professors like you are what cause grade inflation. Achaea gets no higher than a 5 or so. 30 indeed. *scoff*

In summary, yet again, Achaea sucks so hard it makes those fancy new Dyson vacuum cleaners look crap.

--matt
Old 12-15-2004, 03:54 AM   #78
Sinuhe

Sinuhe is on a distinguished road
Nice new promotion stunt.
10/10
Sinuhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 04:51 AM   #79
the_logos
Legend

Thanks! I figure if I have to put up with some dumbass flaming us, I will simply turn it into a bonus for us. Everytime a flamewar about Achaea appears here, our creations from Topmudsites spike a bit. Thus, everybody wins! The flamers get to have their little juvenile outbursts, and we get more players. Woot!

--matt
P.S. Iron Realms secretly based all its games off the DIKU codebase. Discuss amongst yourselves!
Old 12-15-2004, 09:26 AM   #80
Murpe

Murpe is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Murpe Send a message via AIM to Murpe Send a message via Yahoo to Murpe
Talking

Aha! Its Vyrce @ Medievia in disguise!
Murpe is offline   Reply With Quote

[Flames] - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Flames, and what they are doing. Kinnith Tavern of the Blue Hand 0 06-09-2005 12:53 PM
Another Attempt to shout over the Flames Jeena Tavern of the Blue Hand 33 05-31-2005 09:00 PM
Tired of the Flames?  Here's a webcomic. Ilkidarios Tavern of the Blue Hand 0 05-09-2005 06:12 PM
Adventures Unlimited - Flames Ytrewtsu Advertising for Players 3 09-15-2004 11:21 PM