Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 10-26-2008, 06:35 PM   #1
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Halloween Event

The Pumpkin Festival!

An event sponsord by the Duke and Duchess of Gahlen will happen during the day of October 31st with the ability to retrieve a pumpkin from the Duchess' Garden and carve it for a contest at the Costume Party that night in the castle.

Many games and events will happen this night in the town of Gahlen, a bordertown in the Kingdom of Nordenland. Some excitement will occur in the Gahlen Arena, and many prizes will be given out the night of the 31st at the Festival.

If you enjoy fantasy and roleplay, ships, and intense interaction, come join us this week to find a merchant and get your costume ready for the festival. New players will enjoy this as much as long timers in a game that consistently has dozens of players online.
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 01:46 AM   #2
holloween.mask

holloween.mask is on a distinguished road
Re: Halloween Event

I really like attending costume parties, speaking of Halloween parties I found this website that can create a super-realistic mask of anyone from just a photo. Imagine going as yourself, your boss, your favorite celebrity or worst enemy to a Halloween party?!
holloween.mask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 01:26 PM   #3
Newworlds
Legend

Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough

Hmm, is it just me or did that look like a spammer?
Old 10-20-2010, 03:11 PM   #4
NWlongtimeplayer

NWlongtimeplayer is on a distinguished road

Looks like a spammer to me!

Will there be any special events going on in Darmahk for the holiday, or will it be focused in Gahlen?

And keep in mind, also, that most of the players are of the belief that Darmahk has basically become a ghost town, that everybody travels to the North for roleplay. While I try to keep my character in the south as much as possible, it becomes harder and harder when it seems I'm the only one down there anymore. Perhaps something should be done to liven it up? Maybe nix the party in Gahlen and move it to Darmahk with a southern theme?
NWlongtimeplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 02:13 PM   #5
Newworlds
Legend

Just over a week away for the halloween event. Get yourself logged on and a character created. Start in the north if you are new and in the south if you are fearless.

As for the southtown being a ghost town? I think not. There is an event today, there were a three murders there in the last week. There were 2 invasions in the last 2 weeks.

My answer to those who want excitement. Do an event, do something, make it happen. Can't rely on admin for everything :-P
Old 10-23-2010, 07:41 PM   #6
NWlongtimeplayer

NWlongtimeplayer is on a distinguished road

Two invasions? Yes. In Gahlen. As for the murders, I know of them, and yes, brought it to life somewhat, but when it all dies down again, I'll put five crowns to a copper things will go back to being dead and empty. My character can usually walk into the den on any given day and find it as empty as can be. I do agree with making my own roleplay, and I do that quite often enough. When I can find people in Darmahk to roleplay with. It won't need much, just a nudge from staff to breathe some life back into it is all it would really need to take off.
NWlongtimeplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 10:17 PM   #7
Newworlds
Legend