Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 05-25-2008, 01:07 AM   #1
Denisius

Home MUD: Erandia
Denisius is on a distinguished road
Erandia

Erandia is based on the now defunct 'Rogue Winds' MUD.

Here are some key features:

* Advance in a skill-based, levelless, classless environment.
* Fair and helpful admins and newbie helpers to answer your questions.
* Newbies are protected, for the first ten hours losing nothing for dying.
* Get involved in a rich roleplaying environment, in a fully realized world, with a deep storyline.
* Learn magical talents, gain skill and power.
* Virtually unlimited character advancement.
* Utilize a versitile entirely new magic system.
* No annoying spell lag. Channeling magic is handled more intelligently.
* Beautiful Ansi color used liberally, but not every word a different color.
* Explore a vast world, and gain experience and knowledge from your explorations.
* Discover strange, new worlds, each with their own moons, climate, and atmosphere.
* Travel many different terrains, from ice fields, lava lakes, swamps, to deep oceans.
* Follow the tracks left in the dirt or snow by other creatures.
* Choose from a wide selection of over two hundred races.
* Any type of character you wish to play is open to you.
* Some races can be ridden by other players. Play a dragonrider, or their dragon!
* Found clans, start a family, interact with other players.
* Fight battles, learn combat and weapon skills.
* Realistic equipment system involving size and bodyparts, protecting only the part it is worn on.
* Different races have different bodyparts, which can bleed, be broken, or severed.
* Communicate with player created and controlled channels.
* Fashion your own equipment from raw ores, and enchant it with whatever effects you wish.
* Find rare magical gems to affix to your equipment to increase your power.
* Hire NPC's to mine ore, harvest ingredients, or funnel mana into equipment for you.
* Mix alchemical ingredients into potions, salves, or just bake cakes.
* Brew and ferment your own alcohol.
* Browse shops that randomly stock themselves with various items appropriate to the shop.
* Buy and manage your own shop, with or without a shopkeeper hired to create items for you.
* Write your own books.
* Construct or buy a vehicle to drive, fly, or sail in, even spaceships and submarines.
* Watch your back on Mezulbryst, the deadly playerkilling world where anything goes.
* Never wait for a repop again, mobs only exist right where you want them!
* Randomly generated mobs and equipment. You never know which mob will havea powerful artifact.
* Named mobs get random names. Every time it's a different character.
* Mobs that will react to your socials in a logical way, and use equipment and fight intelligently.
* Venture on quests to gain experience, gold, and talent points to raise power in talents.
* No random quests. Most quests are run by NPC's with different problems, and not all involve killing something.
* The only rule is: So long as it harms no one, you may do as you will.

The website is currently under construction, and should be ready within a week or so.

IP address:
Denisius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 07:05 AM   #2
Denisius

Re: Erandia

Here is a review submitted by one of our players on TMC.

It was submitted by Fishy, on TMC.

The website is still not up, but will be in a week or so.

The mobs were fixed, and help files were added to make the crafting system easier to use.

IP:
Old 06-07-2008, 11:06 AM   #3
redknigh410

redknigh410 is on a distinguished road

Hello,

Erandia is the first mud I have properly played on, but I have to say it’s really got me into MUDs! It is a great fantasy MUD with very few problems about it.

Erandia is one of the most complex games I’ve ever played on, having a VERY unique magic system and over 20 species and 200 sub-species to choose from!

I’ll start on the magic system: The concept of the magic system is quite brilliant, although it is a little hard to get used too. It's idea is excellent; there is no solid list of all the spells in existence, only around 5 of the most crucial spells, so players have a lot of puzzle solving to try and find the useful magic and become a power full magician.

The magic system is excellent for fighting with but also excellent for doing daily things with. To go with the magic there are talents, depending on what talent you use with what magic spell the outcome will be different. All the talents are useful and very easy to get a grasp on how to use them.

There are also races, which are quite easy to grasp as well, but the choice of what race to choose determines how good at fighting you will be, how good at magic you will be, some special skills and abilities you receive and of what type, and how many limbs you have. The race can be changed in the future if you don’t like it by using magic, plus you can change other people’s races by magic too, if they want you to. There are also main races and sub species, for example a race in the game is a dragon, then there are different species of dragon, such as water dragon, winged dragon and dragonbred, this makes the race system very special and fairly unique. However on the other hand the species system could do with a little tweaking, so when you examine someone and you see their species you know what their base race is as well. This at the moment examining a player may say his species is a wyvern, but it does not say that a wyvern is a dragon species.

The game is exceedingly newbie friendly, with many help files that often give the basics. However the help files could be more in depth instead of just giving the very basics.

After your total playing time is more than 10 hours when you die it gets fairly complicated, the help files should definitely be more in depth about that. However from what I have picked up through my many experiences of dying (I keep on picking a fight with very powerful NPCs...) you go to the void, and you lose your items but can also lose your some of your talent skills, but then there are 2 skills that you can learn – Death and Void - that can stop you losing any talents and even allow you to control the void.

In conclusion the game is excellent and very fun, however finding out about game features should be easier (e.g. void and the species, although you can ask players who know about it), as that is the games only downfall. But though I would definitely recommend this to anyone who loves fantasy MUD’s as there are FAR more ups than downs in this MUD.
redknigh410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 06:12 PM   #4
Denisius

The forum has been opened.

Last edited by Denisius : 06-11-2008 at 11:35 PM.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:10 PM   #5
ShadowsDawn

Home MUD: New Worlds: Ateraan
Home MUD: Threshold RPG
ShadowsDawn is on a distinguished road

Your link is broken. You need index.php added to the end of it. Or you can use this which has it fixed.
ShadowsDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 11:34 PM   #6
Denisius

Apparently you are right.

Did not notice that problem from my own computer, thank you for pointing it out.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:53 AM   #7
Kereth

Home MUD: www.retromud.org
Kereth is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Re: Erandia

Well, the link opens now, but it's just a blank page. Anyone else having this problem?

-Kereth
Kereth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 08:15 AM   #8
Denisius

Try clearing your cache, and then opening the page. (If you use firefox, select 'Tools' from the top menu bar, and then 'Clear Private Data')
Old 06-15-2008, 10:20 PM   #9
Metro

Metro is on a distinguished road

This is probably the best MUD I have ever played.

It's probably the MUD with the greatest variety of races to choose from, and they
all branch off into multiple nations. So say if you wanted to be a feline race, some
nations you could choose from are sphinx, lions, wemic, etc.

The mystery that is involved with skills and quests is a great factor to making this
MUD so fun to play. In my opinion, it also helps with the roleplay, as players could
use this mystery to roleplay a journey with several others to discover the spell
'verbs' and such.

As a new MUD, you have the opportunity to help create a great name for yourself
within the realms of Erandia.
Metro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 03:04 PM   #10
Denisius

The Wiki has been opened.

Access it at the following address:

Old 06-30-2008, 04:13 PM   #11
Denisius

We had a slight down-time today, the MUD is now back online.