Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Old 10-15-2009, 05:56 AM   #1
Splork

Splork is on a distinguished road
wintin.net

A couple new developers have been actively working on Wintin.NET and the mud client can now be downloaded and played on Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7.

The first version of Wintin, Wintin 95, was a port of the Unix Tintin++ Mud Client, with a Windows graphical interface. Wintin.Net is a new version, completely rewritten. The main improvements are in the following areas:

Terminal Emulation

User Interface

Connection Handler

Script Management

Improved Syntax

Modular Design

Terminal Emulation
Wintin.Net uses a port of the PuTTY code: PuTTY is a powerful and well established Open Source telnet client. Terminal emulation is much improved over Wintin 95, colours are configurable and there is support for Telnet Proxies. (Note: Wintin.Net does not use the cryptographic code referred to on the PuTTY site and its use is therefore not restricted by cryptographic laws).

User Interface
The windowing system uses the Magic code library and is more flexible and robust. There is a new visual script manager, providing better views of defined script commands, and more powerful editing functionality.

Connection Handler
The new Connection Handler makes it easy to remember your muds and characters, connect to them, log in automatically and reconnect if the connection drops.

Script Management
Improved script management provides more intuitive saving and loading of scripts, allows you to associate scripts with particular muds or characters, and to group commands in order to keep them together logically, and to enable and disable logical blocks. You can also maintain notes on groups, and import and export them, making it easier to share scripts with your friends.

Improved Syntax
Several commands have been improved to provide easier syntax: for example #capture allows you to specify a command trigger, and #action has a 'one shot' mode. Overall script parsing has been cleaned up, making it easier to write complex aliases and actions.

Modular Design
The overall architecture of Wintin.Net is based on the SharpDevelop core. It is modular, meaning that additional functionality can be added easily without the need to disturb or recompile the main program.

It also has a help file on how to write addins which is very helpful in taking your gaming experience to the next level.

Last edited by Splork : 10-22-2009 at 11:24 AM.
Splork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:21 AM   #2
dbiron1977

dbiron1977 is on a distinguished road
Re: wintin.net

The site doesn't seem to fully load -- anywhere I can download this? I'm a huge fan of tintin++

Thanks
dbiron1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:30 PM   #3
Splork

I'm sorry about that, the site is having difficulty today. Its running extremely slow.

Are you looking for one of the vista or windows 7 version?
Old 10-15-2009, 06:18 PM   #4
dbiron1977

I only have windows XP... is it compatable?
Old 10-15-2009, 07:53 PM   #5
Splork

Yes it is.

Go the link below and follow the instructions.

Old 10-15-2009, 09:00 PM   #6
dbiron1977

currious... how would I do this... put a pause between commands for this alias #alias {buff} {shield;strength;holly}

for example I would like to cast shield (wait 2 seconds) cast strength (wait 2 seconds) and cast holly (wait 2 seconds) thank you so much

Last edited by dbiron1977 : 10-15-2009 at 09:39 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:44 PM   #7
valan

Home MUD: WoTMUD
valan is on a distinguished road

The link in your first post had a typo. The correct link is
I would also like to note that Wintin.NET has been in development for some time now, it's hardly new. While I haven't looked at it in awhile, it did look to be taking Wintin in a great new direction. There were a few bugs at the time, I imagine most of them have been worked out by now.
valan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 03:49 AM   #8
dbiron1977

What about my question about alias with a pause or wait?
Old 10-22-2009, 08:40 AM   #9
valan

Home MUD: WoTMUD
valan is on a distinguished road

Having not used any version of Wintin for a good while, I can't answer your question. You might be able to find some help at the Wintin forums, however.
valan is offline   Reply With Quote