Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Old 06-14-2010, 12:43 AM   #1
Violette

A love letter to MUD Admins

This is an apology to all of you (especially the MUDs on TMS lists #11 and above):

I know, I know you need players, you announce it regularly.
Yes, your MUD's features are enticing.
Yes, you've spent years, if not decades, sweating blood and transforming dream into reality.
Yes, I know most of you cover expenses with your own wallet...

Forgive me in advance for not having duplicates of myself. I wish I could play every single MUD out there......but.....I've a short attention span
Old 06-14-2010, 11:44 AM   #2
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Re: A love letter to MUD Admins

Awwww!

That was very thoughtful, thank you Violette. Don't feel bad if you don't have time for New Worlds Ateraan, the pirates will simply overrun the mainland, the Warlord may annex a few Kingdom cities, the Overseer of the south will hang a number of slaves, and the Dark Elf might open one more portal to the demon realm, but hey, I'm sure the other adventurers will take care of it.
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 02:25 PM   #3
Violette

Re: A love letter to MUD Admins

Haha

I'm sure New Worlds will survive.
But the smaller, less populated muds....like the wonderful Tir Na Nog...I see the admin post that she's looking for players, almost every month. I feel so bad because it is such a good idea - celtic Ireland... I mean I've tried to play a few MUDs at a time, but nothing gets done or "accomplished". So I'm playing one MUD at a time now. By the time I get to a smaller MUD I'm interested in, it may be defunct It seems that the addition of even a single player means the world to those kind of MUDs. *sigh*
Old 06-18-2010, 10:02 PM   #4
Tristan1992

Home MUD: GateWay
Home MUD: Rocky
Home MUD: MUME
Tristan1992 is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: A love letter to MUD Admins

GateWay could use you Violette! Very few players these days. Your quirky sense of humour would definitely fit there! The mud has frogs you can lick, potions to get you back to normal afterwards as well as some that will let you "switch hit" as they say. Mood Rings, Goats branded property of <current mud admin> when you look at them, hyperballs that can be thrown around, about a 1000 of the strangest emotes you have ever seen and well.... more!
Tristan1992 is offline   Reply With Quote