Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Introduce Yourself
Click here to Register

Old 10-14-2003, 04:24 AM   #1
AardWolfe

AardWolfe is on a distinguished road
OK, well, having only just joined this forum, I thought I'd try and get a thread going to see how many people who play Aardwolf actually read and post to this forum. If you're on Aard, feel free to chip in. :)

MUDwise, I think most of the people there know me, whether they like me or not. To make sure there's no confusion, I play under the name 'Wolfe', hence the amusing username here. I found Aard in something like 1997, played for a while, then inexplicably stopped for about 18 months. Found my way back again, and never left. I was one of the Immortal staff for about a year, and stepped down generally because I found being a player is more fun ;) I now run the on the MUD, our little cross between a clan and an attempt at a satirical newspaper.

Off the MUD, I'm 31, male, born in Yorkshire, England. I'm a qualified nurse, and worked in coronary care, operating theatres and general medicine since I qualified in 1994. When I'm in England at the minute, I generally do agency work, not being able to hold down a permanent contract. The reason for this is I'm spending most of my time in the US, trying to get my act together with a marriage and green card. My fiancee is american, lives in the US, and yes, I met her on Aardwolf. We've been together for over 18 months now, and the wedding will be as soon as possible. This is complicated by the fact that God hates us both. ;)

When I'm not MUDding, I usually have my head buried in a book, music playing in an endless loop on Winamp. I fiddle with the computer constantly, more out of a desire to keep the bloody thing working than any actual techgeek leanings. I enjoy playing various roguelike games, becoming periodically obsessed with Nethack, ADOM, or ToME, in no particular order. I'm also one of those people who's convinced they'll be a bestselling author one of these days. I keep up a livejournal for anyone interested in the minutae of my day-to-day life, url for which should be floating around in my profile.

And that's about it. I wonder if anyone else will post? ;)
AardWolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 11:12 AM   #2
Jaenelle

Jaenelle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Jaenelle
*grin* Go Wolfe! I also play aardwolf. I started when I was 15, in 1999. I've been playing non stop since. I just keep telling myself that it is better to be a mudaholic than an alcoholic. :P I play under the name Jaenelle... strangely enough.

In real life I am a full time student and spend what amounts to an insane amount of time trying to convince myself that I should log off and go study. (It never works)

On aardwolf I also help run one of the 6 new clans, Loqui being mine. Mostly this involves me kicking myself everyday for being silly enough to try and do this. ;) But it ends up being much fun. :)

And Wolfe, I'm sure you meant, 'I wonder if anyone besides Jaenelle will post.' When have I passed up an opportunity to babble?

Jaenelle of
Jaenelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 05:12 AM   #3
Ilysia

Ilysia is on a distinguished road
Ilysia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 05:41 PM   #4
Aardthirstan

Aardthirstan is on a distinguished road
Aardthirstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 06:58 PM   #5
Jaenelle

Jaenelle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Jaenelle
Question

What is this? Leader only topic? *laugh* Come on... someone from aard who isn't a leader has got to be here somewhere... :P With the number of total players to leaders out there... you'd think that someone here would not be a leader... ;)
Jaenelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 12:21 AM   #6
KaSeenO

KaSeenO is on a distinguished road
Arrow

Relatively new to the world of Mudding (Sep 2003) and I'm totally fascinated at Aardwolfs Diversity (not its existing gameplay but in the way I can recreate my own character based on the mythology of New Zealand - restringing weapons with descriptions is awesome). BTW I got a habit of dying lots without the PK side of other muds I have tried. Anyways this is totally fun and I can't get enough of it, thanks goes out to Ozbabe (from IRC) who got me onto this Interactive Game play, and to Jaenelle for opening this thread so I can waffle on a bit.
KaSeenO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 02:39 PM   #7
gutterzombie

gutterzombie is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to gutterzombie
Arrow

gutterzombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 04:11 PM   #8
Ilysia

Ilysia is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

Ilysia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 03:50 PM   #9
Ometecuhtli

Ometecuhtli is on a distinguished road
Cool

Hi Everyone! I've been playing Aardwolf for about 4 years now. I am a Lizard Warrior woo! go lizards! I got introduced to it through a friend of mine who stopped playing, but i neve quit. I used to be the clan leader, but I left for a short period of time before comming back as the sweet adorable newbie I am now.

In real life I live in Ontario Canada and I got to the University of Guelph. I study molecular biology there, and hopefully I can get a PhD in molecular biology after I finish my BSc (Honors Degree). In my spare time I play Aardwolf, read all sorts of interesting biological journals, tutor for cash, write short stories, and work on my thesis (as of the moment im just gathering a whole bunch of data from a wide variety of sources, then in my third and fourth year I will start to bring it all together=) )

Have a great time everyone!!

One more thing...if forget everything, never forget this...

VOTE AARDWOLF!!!!!!

Ometecuhtli
Ometecuhtli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 05:21 AM   #10
Kit

Kit is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Kit
Hi.

I'll tell you a bit about me, and see if your super-intelligent brains can figure out who I am, given that I didn't even use my entire character name (shocking, eh?).

I am the aforementioned fiancee of Erekose (the lupine formerly known as AardWolfe). When I'm not spending all of my time working to support his addictive habit of having a meal or two per day, I can usually be found sitting in front of my computer.

On Aardwolf, I'm one of the co-leaders/founders of the Midgaardian Publishing Group, married to Wolfe, and, despite having played for over four years, have a whopping two morts completed. This is due to the fact that I have another character (with all of three morts) and the fact that I rarely play. I also occasionally design/maintain the clan's website, unless I don't feel like doing it, in which case I force Wolfe to take care of it for me. And, speaking of the website, I'd like to mention that I am not the sole writer of Dear Kitty (except for the issues when I am).

Erm. Yeah. That's about it. Move along now, nothing to see here.
Kit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 12:28 PM   #11
madcatz

madcatz is on a distinguished road
Smile

madcatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 01:57 PM   #12
Rockhydra

Rockhydra is on a distinguished road
Rockhydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 02:07 PM   #13
Aardthirstan

Aardthirstan is on a distinguished road
Aardthirstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 04:39 PM   #14
KnittedKharpern

KnittedKharpern is on a distinguished road
Question

KnittedKharpern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 10:12 AM   #15
Ardhiel

Ardhiel is on a distinguished road
Ardhiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 08:12 AM   #16
FrankyB

FrankyB is on a distinguished road
Hi there!

I have been playing muds since 1994, back in the days when access was free and fast, from university.  The first mud I played, Dragon ][ as it was known, went pk on me and I flitted about looking for another home.  For a while I played Xania, GodWars, Brigadoon until I settled down in Aard in the year 2000.

For me, Aardwolf is the perfect mud right now.  Much of the player base are mature adults but there are a fair number of young'uns to keep us on our toes.  However, I don't get on as much as I would like - real life tends to get in the way more than ever.

Frith.
FrankyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 02:31 PM   #17
eclaboussure

Thumbs up

Old 11-20-2003, 10:08 AM   #18
Ciaran

Ciaran is on a distinguished road
Ciaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 04:00 PM   #19
Mordengaard

Mordengaard is on a distinguished road
Mordengaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 11:34 PM   #20
Tanya

Tanya is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Tanya Send a message via AIM to Tanya Send a message via MSN to Tanya Send a message via Yahoo to Tanya
Thumbs up

Tanya is offline   Reply With Quote