Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > MUD Announcements
Click here to Register

Old 04-03-2006, 10:36 PM   #1
Murpe

Murpe is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Murpe Send a message via AIM to Murpe Send a message via Yahoo to Murpe
Smile

MultiUser RolePlay Entertainment (MURPE) offers low-cost, high-speed online MUX/MUSH/MUD game hosting geared to that of both text and graphical-based online game worlds. We cater to all customers that have a Unix/Linux based online game and need a stable, extremely fast home for it as well. International and Military game administrators are welcome here.

* Several Hosting Packages -- Starting @ $5.00 USD/Month!
* Nearly 99.9% Uptime, Running SuSe Linux Pro v9.0
* Stable & Extremely Fast Server (ECC-Registered Ram & SCSI-LVD Drives)
* Fast Account Setup (Within 24 Hours or less)
* Online Server Support Team w/ E-Mail Response
* Offline data backup available through Global DataVault
* All accounts include gamename.murpe.com forwarding
* Earn free months of hosting through referrals!

All accounts include access to Apache 2.x w/ APXS Modules & CGI-Bin, MySQL Database, PHP 4, POP3/Webmail, Perl 5.x, Java 3D, 1.4/1.5 SDK and unlimited Telnet/SSH2/SFTP/FTP usage. We will even help you setup a web forum for your hosted site at no additional charge!

Sponsorship Program
Students? Strapped for Cash? We have a unique sponsorship package available just for you! Come visit our website to find out more about this special offering.

Earn Free Months of Hosting
Sign up for a new account today and be entered into our Referral Lottery Program (RLP). This means, the more new accounts that sign up and use your game name as the referral site, you will earn another lottery ticket. At the end of the year, we will tally up all the tickets and draw for a free ONE-YEAR 'basic' hosting package.

So... GOT MUD? Come visit our website at today!

-- Michael
Murpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 10:07 PM   #2
NotL337

NotL337 is on a distinguished road
I can highly suggest this man. I had a server with him briefly, and he was extremely patient when my stupid coder screwed up the code and kept taking over more space and memory than we had been allotted.

I only canceled the account because the coder clearly wasn't going to cut it, and I wanted to give the project a break. Otherwise I would still be with this host, and I know that when I get my own code base started up I'm definitely going to return to MURPE.
NotL337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 07:32 AM   #3
Mabus

Mabus is on a distinguished road
*removed by poster*
Mabus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 01:04 PM   #4
NotL337

NotL337 is on a distinguished road
I also forgot to mention that when I botched up my attempt to download a code base, he not only downloaded it fresh and set it up perfectly for me, he then went to the trouble of giving me the exact commands I needed I start it up and reboot it in case of trouble and replied to every single one of my e-mails within 12 hours at the very most.
NotL337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 01:54 AM   #5
Murpe

Murpe is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Murpe Send a message via AIM to Murpe Send a message via Yahoo to Murpe
Due to a internal management issue at Systems Connect () (where the MURPE game server was co-located in their data center), it has now been relocated to Waycross, GA and now resides in my home office on a dedicated, high-speed commercial broadband line -- speeds near that of a T-1.

There are several games that are found on the MURPE game server, so if you used to connect to 'stormbringer.sysconn.com', you can now telnet to 'games.murpe.com [port]' to connect to your favorite game or to their subdomain if you know it.

Sorry for any confusion for the change that has occurred. Even I got hit unexpectedly when I tried to contact the ISP for the downtime reason.

-- Michael
Murpe is offline   Reply With Quote

MURPE MU* Hosting Services - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MURPE MU* Hosting Services Murpe MUD Announcements 0 09-04-2006 11:37 AM
MURPE MU* Hosting Services Murpe MUD Announcements 0 05-25-2006 03:29 PM
MURPE MU* Hosting Services Murpe MUD Announcements 0 10-14-2005 11:15 PM
MURPE MU* Hosting Services Murpe MUD Announcements 0 04-20-2005 11:55 AM
MURPE MU* Hosting Services Murpe MUD Announcements 1 03-16-2005 02:58 PM