Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Old 02-10-2006, 12:06 PM   #121
Solus

Solus is on a distinguished road
Solus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 10:15 AM   #122
Freela

Freela is on a distinguished road
Re: Materia Magica's cheating ways

This is a really old thread (2002-2006) and the only reason I am posting a reply is because when I googled MM, this thread popped up in third place which is pretty high considering it was a very long time ago. I don't think that is really fair .

I used to play a Pay-for-play mud called Age of the Throne where the system operators were HORRIBLE cheaters. This I found intolerable in something I was actually paying to play. Even though I REALLY loved that mud, especially for its unique incentives and rewards to RP, I quit as soon as my paid up time ran out. I don't even know if it still exists because the cheating was so bad and in fact went into highly objectionable areas.

I mention this because MM is now under new ownership and I have only been playing it for 8 months and I have no idea if people cheat or not. There are several things I don't like about MM and a great many things I do like. On balance, I plan to keep playing although I have yet to decide if they are worth giving my hard-earned real money to. Needless to say, if I ever had proof that the imms /owners were cheating for their friends I would quit in a heartbeat no matter how much I enjoy playing there. One has to be able to rely on the Mud's programs to be impartial (except when an imm is required to fix a bug for a player).

Most of the playerbase seem to be old players (there are still new players who join now and then and like it enough to stay). This could either be because they benefitted so much from previous versions and cheats that they are loyal or because they don't feel there was sufficient cheating to worry about.

I have tried a lot of Muds, many of which I stayed in less than a day, some for a couple weeks. MM deserves , in my experience to be one of the top.
Freela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 01:16 PM   #123
ww_crimson

Home MUD: Aarchon
ww_crimson is on a distinguished road

FWIW bumping this thread probably didn't any favors to Materia Magic. Google page ranks aren't decided by website owners.
ww_crimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 08:17 PM   #124
Darren Brimhall

Darren Brimhall is on a distinguished road

About the only way to tell if Admin is cheating is to log everything, as possible, that occurs while you are in Game.

You'll have a record, which can be posted anywhere. But all in all, give the new owners a chance to show their character--then make your decision.

Darren Brimhall
Darren Brimhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 12:41 PM   #125
Threshold
Legend

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Threshold will become famous soon enough

Not sure if serious...

You realize bumping this thread like you did just gives it even more prominence and google-fu ranking, right?
Threshold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 10:38 AM   #126
plamzi

Home MUD: bedlam.mudportal.com:9000
Home MUD: www.mudportal.com
plamzi is on a distinguished road

Hard to tell. What I do know is that anyone worried about adverse effects because of the prominence of this thread shouldn't be. It has been proven time and again that controversy brings players to a MUD, not vice versa. Of course, it's not the kind of promotion any admin likes, but if you have no control over it, might as well rake in its mixed blessings.
plamzi is offline   Reply With Quote

Materia Magica's cheating ways - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Materia Magica 2003 Website Contest Results Vassago Advertising for Players 0 11-23-2003 08:07 PM
Materia Magica releases new website design! Kreative Advertising for Players 7 09-23-2003 01:39 PM
Materia Magica Lilith383 Advertising for Players 16 06-24-2003 06:24 PM
ooc cheating OnyxFlame Roleplaying and Storytelling 22 05-20-2003 07:10 PM
Kallisti: A Parting of the Ways AxL MUD Announcements 0 05-01-2002 10:42 AM