Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Old 09-25-2002, 10:24 PM   #21
CSmith_Fan

CSmith_Fan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to CSmith_Fan
Well, first MU* (the one i did like so much) i left went pay-to-play and the worst thing about that was it was based in the UK and the Admin refused to have a solid, never fluctuating praice for us Yanks..one mothn we'd have to pay $19..the next month $22 while the Brits paid only one price. K..bye bye first MUD.
Most though I've left because of various reason from Admin upping a players stats because they (the player) bitched so much about Racial Maxes and also for cheating players.
Occasionally I 've left for sheer boredom...same rooms as 100000 other MUDs..same mobs..same equipment, yadda yadda yadda..
Current one though is nice. Small pbase during my online hours and lots of nice people.
CSmith_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 09:20 AM   #22
John

John is on a distinguished road
I must of had a run of good luck because the various places I've played SEEMED to have friendly staff and players.

I say seemed because except for Armageddon I don't stay there often. Sometimes I just need a break so I go in search of a Mud, but get bored with the RPing, or the layout so I come back. I'm very fussy.

Although before I found it I played various Muds for a few weeks and the only reason I stopped playing was the RP level wasn't very high. My first mud which was Merentha was an extremely nice place, helpful and friendly big player base which was good. It had some RP, but not a lot.
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 10:02 AM   #23
Jehanelin

Jehanelin is on a distinguished road
Jehanelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 10:58 AM   #24
John

John is on a distinguished road
Hi Jehanelin

May I suggest Merentha or Armageddon. For two completely seperate reasons.

()Merentha: Because it's a nice friendly community with hardly any/no PKing and some RPing. They'll help you learn how to play, good places to go to start off. It's well written and -a lot- of fun. It's also an LPMud so it has plenty of quests and no permadeath.

Now on the other end of the scale

()Armagaddon: Because it has a friendly staff and playerbase. The staff aren't some invisible force that only works behind the scenes, they also like to chat and even post up silly threads every once in a while. It also has -amazing- RPing. You -will- die, and if your like me on a regular basis, and it DOES have permadeath so you have to send in an original character application everytime. Despite this though, there are several ways NOT to die and still have a blast RPing, I just don't follow the guidelines because I'm just too damn curious.

And if you don't feel like playing any of that, play FF7 on your PS2, it's an amazing RPG, or try FFX, haven't played it, but it's suppose to be really good.
John is offline   Reply With Quote

When I had/wanted to leave a mud... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why leave levels and experience in RP? prof1515 Tavern of the Blue Hand 39 08-22-2003 09:18 AM