Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Introduce Yourself
Click here to Register

Old 07-02-2004, 05:06 PM   #1
TheDemonMaster

TheDemonMaster is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TheDemonMaster Send a message via MSN to TheDemonMaster Send a message via Yahoo to TheDemonMaster
Hello, my name is Dellaryn... I have been a active Mudder since 1994, playing on such games as Snebo-Land, Angelfrost, Frozen Tears and Mordor. I was ontime a immortal on FT, AF, Mordor and Snebo. The reason i talk to you know is i believe muds are dying slowly and well i find it to be a shame. Also, the fact that people are throwing ROM's online and calling them highly modified when all they are is stock areas and code is really a giant problem. I come from a era of muds when you said Modified you meant it. Anyway you all wish to know more about me personally well then log into my site and see for yourself the address is: other than that, well there is not much more to write about.
TheDemonMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 10:33 PM   #2
erdos

You are absolutely right. People throw in some annoying color tokens, remove the hardcoded limits on how much exp a mob can give at once so they can make super plevelling, and make some new spells which are obviously renamed versions of copy-pasted fireball. And bang-- "Original codebase". The people it really hurts the most are those who genuinely DO have a unique codebase.
Old 07-03-2004, 04:25 AM   #3
KaVir
Legend

Name: Richard
Home MUD: God Wars II
KaVir will become famous soon enoughKaVir will become famous soon enough
People have been claiming that muds are dying for the last decade now, despite the fact that the number of muds has increased from a few hundred to a few thousand since that time. Back when I was mudding in 1994, most of the players were computing students - these days I encounter people from all walks of life.
KaVir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 01:54 PM   #4
WarHound

Home MUD: Armageddon.org
WarHound is on a distinguished road
Howdy, DemonMaster...

Out of respect for the other posters we usually try to limit ourselves to one fresh post on the 'Most Recent Discussions' section of the main TMS page. You currently have three, two of which were posted all of seven minutes apart. This means that with three new topics you are taking up half of the slots there, bumping other people's posts off of the page.

I'm not trying to be a **** here, but please be considerate of other posters. You could easily have taken care of all three of these posts in one.

Thanks, and good luck on your mud.
WarHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 11:15 PM   #5
Kenjar

Kenjar is on a distinguished road
I don't think MUDs are dying at all- maybe even growing.

And as for the bit about ROMs, I wholly agree. When I log into a 'heavily modified ROM' to see this-

Race:
Human (Sucks)
Elf (Ideal wizard)
Halfling (Ideal thief)
Giant (Ideal warrior)

Classes:
Fighter
Wizard
Thief
Cleric (Optional, but the Elf is always best at it)
Necromancer (Also Optional, Elf is best as well)

Sometimes they'll add in a giant assortment of other races, although the only differance is 1 or 2 stat points here and there. And then you log in and Mud School is to the north, and Midgaard (I've only seen 1 ROM ever rename it) to the down.
Kenjar is offline   Reply With Quote

From The Mind Of A Wander Nomad! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I A lonely nomad Raith Advertising for Players 12 03-07-2004 12:52 AM
All out, head on, mind wrecking PK Amnon Advertising for Players 0 02-05-2004 05:36 PM