Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Newbie Help
Click here to Register

Old 03-18-2009, 07:06 PM   #1
CrimsonStorm

CrimsonStorm is on a distinguished road
Seeking a MUD

Hey everyone. Right now, I'm searching for a good MUD to actually invest some time into. The last that I enjoyed was Achaea, however, I've slowly but surely lost interest. The grind didn't help. Anyways, here's what I'm looking for:

1) Enforced RP: I don't know why, but I can't even enjoy a MUD without enforced, good RP. So, that's probably the biggest thing for me.

2) Good player base: I want to be able to know, anytime I get on, that there will be a good amount of people to interact with. And yes, I know, having a small core group of people can be fun for roleplaying as well, but that's not what I'm looking for currently.

3) Age Restriction no higher than 13: I understand the need for an age restriction (for multiple reasons), but, unfortunately, by nature it is very restricting. It doesn't help to have a good MUD if I can't play it.

4) Grindfest = Bad: Pretty self explanatory. If the only way to have fun in a game is to grind, well, that's not very fun.

5) Medieval Setting: And I hesitate to put this, because it's not that important, but most of the MUDs I've enjoyed have been medieval. By all means, if a modern or future mud fits the other stuff, I'll be perfectly willing to try it out.

6) Good community: This kind of goes along with the playerbase, but a connected, solid, community can make any game better.

That's about it; I'll add more if I think of it. Thanks in advance!

7) Credits: I'm not inherently opposed to some sort of credit system. Where I feel the problem lies is when the credits become necessary to progress past a certain point. And I do consider it necessary even if it's 'possible', but would take more effort than is humanly expected.

Last edited by CrimsonStorm : 03-18-2009 at 08:39 PM.
CrimsonStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:19 PM   #2
Brody
Legend

Home MUD: OtherSpace
Brody will become famous soon enoughBrody will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to Brody
Re: Seeking a MUD

Either OtherSpace (jointhesaga.com 1790) or Necromundus (jointhesaga.com 3005) should suit your needs.

1) Both are RP-enforced MUSHes.
2) OtherSpace is a more established game - it's been around for more than a decade - so it has a pretty solid playerbase. Necromundus is newer and a little more eclectic in style, so it's not quite as active. The playerbase waxes and wanes a little more frequently.
3) We prefer people who can act like adults. That means we'll be happy to see a mature 13 year old playing the game much more than a 24-year-old jerk.
4) There's no grinding on OtherSpace - it's largely pure RP. There's a bit of leveling on Necromundus, but it's not required.
5) OtherSpace is space opera, plain and simple. Necromundus is afterlife fantasy - some areas are medieval-ish, and your character could have come from any background, including medieval.
6) OtherSpace has a good community. Necromundus has some room to grow there.
7) We accept donations to help with server costs and those can earn players badges in-game. (We've also got badges that don't require any contributions to the game at all.) Badges give you Jointhesaga.com Faction Points - earn 50 and you get access to special action cards and event cards. It's pretty easy to get those points without parting with any money.

Our Wiki is at

We've got a blog at

Hope you'll check us out!
Brody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 02:16 AM   #3
emnaki

emnaki is on a distinguished road

I don't usually recommend the MUD that I play at, in 'recommend a MUD' threads since most of the time it doesn't fit the requirements specified. But in your case, it fits all your criteria.

Forum:

Hope you can find your home. I had to do a lot of MUD hopping before I settled on the above MUD.
emnaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 02:24 AM   #4
Delerak

Name: Dan
Delerak is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Delerak Send a message via AIM to Delerak Send a message via MSN to Delerak Send a message via Yahoo to Delerak

If you don't know what an RPI is, look into it.

I don't really recommend harshlands as it seems to be a dead mud with a lackluster staff. The other (2) though might suit you.
Delerak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 05:01 AM   #5
Threshold
Legend

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Threshold will become famous soon enough

CrimsonStorm, I take it from your section on the age restriction you mean you are currently 13?
Threshold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:36 AM   #6
CrimsonStorm

CrimsonStorm is on a distinguished road

Well, 14 to be specific. But... 14 isn't commonly listed as a restriction; it seems to usually be 13, 16, or 18.
CrimsonStorm is offline   Reply With Quote