Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 02-09-2003, 12:42 PM   #1
Terloch

Terloch is on a distinguished road
Ever let eggs sit and get nasty and chuck them at people? Ever pull a tomato off the vine just to hurl it at some random animal or person? Ever dream of making giant robots to follow you around to fulfill your evil plans of world domination? Ever decide to just randomly set things on fire?

If so, come live out your childhood delusions and play an alchemist on Feudal Realms! Blow popcorn up in people’s faces, hurl a rotten tomato or eight, build a golem to do your bidding, leave entire city blocks stunned and reeling, or simply sit around plotting to burn down Stonegate!

Then again, if you tried things like making a lance out of a piece of lumber and strapped it on to your bike to chase around friends, maybe a knight would be more up your alley…

Or a thief if you spent lots of times in dark alleys!

We have all kinds of ways to live out those odd childhood fantasies of days gone past, just come try them out, it’s great for relieving stress, just like throwing a dirt clod as a kid…

Feudal Realms: feudal.betterbox.net 4444
Terloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 12:56 PM   #2
Santrilla

Santrilla is on a distinguished road
Lol. Now if that's not a random ad, I don't know what is.
Santrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 12:58 PM   #3
lavitz_lions

lavitz_lions is on a distinguished road
Don't forget, if you spent a lot of time hugging trees and random squirrels in your backyard, you could be a druid...
lavitz_lions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 04:19 PM   #4
Terloch

It's actually far from random Santrilla, our alchemist class is, well, a bit "unique", and they do have a spell to throw rotten tomatoes and the like...hehehe
Old 02-09-2003, 10:41 PM   #5
Loremaster

Loremaster is on a distinguished road
A spell to cast rotten tomatoes? Not to be mean, but I could do that w/o the need to speak an incantation, wiggle my fingers, or use up mana/essence.

How much damage could it realistically do?

I do like the idea of an alchemist class though; digging up some nitre in a swamp, some coal from the coal bin, and obtaining some sulphur... mixing in proper proportion for a real kick.
Loremaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 10:51 PM   #6
Terloch

Well, let's just say they aren't "normal" tomatoes...
Old 02-10-2003, 08:34 PM   #7
John

John is on a distinguished road
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 08:50 PM   #8
Terloch

I guess I might have to change our advert style a bit if the general thought is that we're a silly mud because we have silly adverts...we really AREN'T a silly mud...heh
Old 02-11-2003, 12:37 PM   #9
Loremaster

Loremaster is on a distinguished road
To be honest, the idea of throwing over-ripe tomatoes and/or rotten eggs at others did sound silly to me.  I don't have a desire to go back *that* far to my childhood where TP'ing someone's yard, graffiti, and other acts of random vandalism were considered 'fun' by some kids.

Rather than appeal to what I would consider a childish hooliganism, perhaps a focus on occupations/roles that we may have had as children could work for you.  Instead of the 'ever throw a rotten tomato' approach for alchemists you could consider an appeal to "all you who had a chemistry set as a kid'.  Remember the fun of measuring and mixing various elements to elicit a reaction? The joys and pains of experimentation? Remember how you wished you could get your hands on some reagents and other materials that would allow you to make something REALLY cool?  

Alchemists begin with the basics of transmuting the properties of base metals; in their ever-elusive search for the process of turning common metal into valuable gold, our Alchemist's guild has learned much about the properties of various metals and the means of enhancing them.  This allows them to improve the quality/longevity of metal weapons and armor, increase damage of metal weapons, protective value of armor and more.

For the more aggressive, combat oriented applications, imagine the ability to create gunpowder which can be used with readily available materials for the production of crude (or sophisticated depending on you mud tech level) grenades.  Discover the use of small amounts of this substance to trap containers or possibly even blow the door off that vault you want access to.  Keeping in mind the quality of the materials and the skill of the alchemist, as well as some other possible factors, will dictate the level of success or failure.  Black powder be DANGEROUS!  You many end up with a 'dud', or watch your powder fizzle uselessly, or have it blow up in your face because of improper handling.

etc. etc.   Sorry. I really like the idea of alchemists, so when I get the chance, i will log into your mud to see what you came up with.
Loremaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 01:21 PM   #10
John

John is on a distinguished road
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 02:16 PM   #11
Mandrake

Mandrake is on a distinguished road
Actually,
The silly aspects of Alchemists (or other classes found on Fuedal Realms) is actually a higher sense of wisdom and technology.

Our alchemists do begin their careers dealing with the base properties of elements and objects. They can evolve their abilities to the point of lobbing volitile mixutes into nearby places (thus stunning the living folks therein).

But the nature of the alchemist does remain elusive and complex. Even at the peak of their powers, an alchemist can douse an opponent with a mixture that leaves the victim vulnerable to certain forms of damage.....if they could only figure out which forms that was.....

The supposed silliness arises when the venerable alchie realizes that no matter how powerful they are, some situations are just best dealt with using a thermonuclear tomato.

~Mandrake
Mandrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 02:19 PM   #12
Mandrake

Mandrake is on a distinguished road
umm....
Make that a slightly enchanted tomato.

~M
Mandrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 12:43 AM   #13
Realedazed

Home MUD: Armageddon
Home MUD: Harshlands
Home MUD: DartMUD
Realedazed is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Realedazed Send a message via Yahoo to Realedazed
Quick question. Is there a site ban for AOL users. I tried to create a character today and was denied. Just curious.
Realedazed is offline   Reply With Quote