Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > Top Mud Sites News > Bugs and Suggestions
Click here to Register

Old 08-27-2007, 07:41 AM   #1
Molly

Home MUD: 4 Dimensions
Molly will become famous soon enoughMolly will become famous soon enough
Quotes

This may not be an actual bug, but it is something that I find rather irritating, when responding to a thread.

At present you are only able to quote one poster in the same post. Trying to quote another poster automatically brings up a new reply window.

Consequently either the thread gets fragmentized, which is slightly annoying from the readers' aspect. Or, if you want to use more than one quote in the same post, you have to keep several windows open to copy and paste from, which is also annoying, but from the poster's aspect.

Hopefully there is a simple way of fixing this, I've seen quotes working smoothly in other boards, using a similar interface.
Molly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 09:39 AM   #2
Lasher
Administrator

Name: Derek
Lasher has a spectacular aura aboutLasher has a spectacular aura about
Re: Quotes

I may be wrong in thinking that you use the light style Molly, but if you do there is a "multiquote" button - the one with the quotation marks and the + sign on it. You check the mark at the top right of each post you want to quote and it brings them all in. For some reason this is missing from the dark style, I'll add it.

Personally, not a big fan of the multiquote. Whenever you reply to a thread, if you scroll down past the editor a little you'll see a summary of the whole thread in brief mode. I tend to just cut/paste from this and add the [ quote ] / [ /quote ] tags (without spaces) myself whenever I want to quote multiple posts.

Last edited by Lasher : 08-27-2007 at 09:53 AM.
Lasher is offline   Reply With Quote