Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > Top Mud Sites News > Bugs and Suggestions
Click here to Register

Old 05-03-2011, 12:25 AM   #21
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Re: Ranking History

You are allowed 1 vote per 12 hours. Not 1 vote per machine, per ip, per proxy, per smartphone per 12 hours.

To Anjana,

I personally do not care if Aiden Island is is ranked 1st or 100th and you shouldn't either. There will always be new games that flash through the rankings or are new that somehow rank high or post alot or whatever. What is more important to me (when I recommend a game) is quality and playability as well as interesting genre. You shouldn't worry so much that another game is in the top 10 or top 100. If you have something against their quality or misrepresenting themselves go off on them about that.
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:11 AM   #22
Esche

Esche is on a distinguished road

Who lists are pretty deceiving for estimating a games actual voting population, they vary based on time of day and day of week. Just because a player doesn't have time to log in and immerse themselves in the atmosphere of a game doesn't mean they don't have time to click a link to vote for their game, for example i voted twice on sunday yet was unable to log in due to time constaints. While daytime populations are usually rather low even on weekends prime time (7-11) est you can count on 20-35 players in game, topping out on occasion in the low 40's. people with limited time tend to use that time to log in when they know the most people will be online

Honestly though i don't think it really matters what place a game is although games on the first page probably get more views. If you have issues with Isles of Aedin your best course of action for people to take you seriously is to write a serious and well thought out negative review of the game. I am sure it would go over better than just bashing the game on the forums whenever it comes up or accusing it of cheating the rankings. The staff of IOA would probably appreciate the negative review as well as it would give them an idea of what if anything they need to address. Getting input from someone who didn't previously play Dragons gate would go a long way I am sure as just about the entire alpha player base was made up of former players and staff of Dragon's gate
Esche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:14 PM   #23
Anjanas

Anjanas is on a distinguished road

Okay new worlds I'll take your advice and just bash the game for garbage programming and the fact that it is crappy hack of Dragon's Gate. Also, you should drop by or at least review the website. They have hacked some of your game's style and even your guilds, races, and powers. Not suprising. I nearly laughed when I saw Shaman, Druids, and Warriors in the game. It is very likely the main coder or his lackeys played in your guilds as the powers are extremely similar. Just a thought.

Number of players never equals good game. However, I was on morning noon and night Sunday and Monday and never saw more than 20 people. Mostly 12 or less. Also you mention the "staff" would appreciate feedback. Really? How come the "staff" don't have accounts here or hide who they are. Who exactly is the "staff"? I tried to email IoA that just created an account claiming he is the programmer and he has the email blocked and doesn't have any information on who he is or any contact information. He says he has played numerous MUDs and this is his first project. What MUDs IoA? Is anything original in what was created or is everything from DG, NW, Achaea?
Anjanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 03:16 PM   #24
Esche

Esche is on a distinguished road

You seem to dislike Isle of Aedin immensely but i can assure you the game has it's own unique code it only resembles Dragons gate in that the overall feel is similar. just familiar enough to make long time players of the game (dragons gate) feel comfortable. If you feel this is a bad thing then you should probably quit mudding because every mud on the list had borrowed some element of overall feel or design from a a previous mud whether intentional or not. in fact i wouldn't be suprised if some of them had borrowed elements from Dragon's gate or it's predecessor Aradath and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. As for specific classes, races ect... most of the races and classes in IOA are based either directly or loosely on well known fantasy staples given a unique setting and histories in the IOA world. you can call a dwarf anything you want (we call them Vorngar) it's still a dwarf , lizardmen, goblins, none of these are unique to any of the games that use them. same goes for classes, druid, shaman, warrior, it's absurd to think any Mud was the first place any of them appeared

i also find it odd that you claim to have been on morning noon and night on monday and the most you saw in game was 20 since there were 35 by 8pm and 41 by 9pm. If you are going to bash the game thats fine you are entitled to your opinions but if you are going to try and use data to back up your attacks it is better if you use accurate and not made up or intentionally deceiving data. You are correct on one thing numbers DON"T mean anything about the game, the game and experience each person enjoys is very different and a personal experience, numbers can enhance that but if it isn't there the numbers won't matter at all, it seems obvious you would never enjoy IOA even if we had 1000 players and it would be futile of me to try and change your mind. I'd rather you write a detailed review and explain intelligently what the problems you find with the game are and why you dislike it so much. this will serve two purposes. 1) individuals with similar views will not waste their time on a mud that is not suited for them and 2) the staff can fix issues with the game if there indeed are any

As far as contacting the staff there is a link directly from the games website and a link on the message boards for individual staff members and staff characters. the default here is to not allow e-mails from members, easy mistake to make when you are setting up an account to leave that as no. (not everything is some big conspiracy.) But if you feel contacting the staff isn't easy enough then thats feedback they'd be looking for and would want to know i'd be happy to pass that along for you. (which i have already done, making the suggestions for you that the contact button on the main website be easier to locate and that IOA set his account to allow him to be contacted via these boards)

My appologies for the large wall of text
~Esche
Esche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:31 PM   #25
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough

Who cares if they did. Imitation is the greatest form of flattery, no?

By the way, did they put up the author note: Original concept New Worlds Ateraan? That would be funny.
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:45 PM   #26
Darren Brimhall

Darren Brimhall is on a distinguished road

Races, Magic and overall layout are pretty much generic D&D Clones.

Its what you do with it all that makes it either original, or simply another clone/rip-off/copy of.

Darren Brimhall
Darren Brimhall is offline   Reply With Quote