Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > MUD Announcements
Click here to Register

Old 01-01-2013, 12:24 PM   #1
dentin

Home MUD: Alter Aeon
dentin is on a distinguished road
Alter Aeon New Year Area Openings

With the start of the new year, we have four new areas to help start things out:

The Fire world of Khinzhai - Level 25

This area expands and maps out the surface of the outer planar fire world, adding a mid level quest and some more backstory on the history of the place. This area was started over a dozen years ago, and was completed by Morpheus and Inessa.

The Tomb under Nueva Granada - Level 32

A set of ancient tombs has been discovered in the ruins beneath the colony of Nueva Granada, which lies Northwest of the Oriental City. This area adds a lot of undead creatures as well as several quests for high level players. This area was built by Shadowfax and Draak.

The Necropolis of Q'monmwer - Level 36

At the north end of the Dust Sea lies the ancient Necropolis of Q'monmwer. While dead and unoccupied now, the legendary guardians, golems, and machines created of old still remain, guarding and maintaining the ancient city. This area was built by Shadowfax and Draak.

The Plane of Chaos Dragon Lair - Level 36

This very high level area is near the castle in the plane of chaos and contains a wide assortment of minions and other creatures in the service of the resident dragon. This area was built by Kagome and Shadowfax.

We also have the upcoming 18th anniversary event in two weeks. Have fun and happy new year!

-dentin

Alter Aeon MUD
dentin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:54 PM   #2
dentin

Home MUD: Alter Aeon
dentin is on a distinguished road
Alter Aeon 2012 Year in Review

As a followup to the new year area openings, I've put together a year in review article for 2012, written from my perspective:

There's an overview of the various server features, new areas, and some question and answer from the players about the future as well as the past. Since it's my view on things, it's probably very different from what you'd expect as a player. If you're a fellow game programmer, you'll probably find it interesting.

Dennis Towne

Alter Aeon MUD
dentin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:52 PM   #3
ww_crimson

Home MUD: Aarchon
ww_crimson is on a distinguished road
Re: Alter Aeon New Year Area Openings

Dentin,

Good read, thanks for sharing. We recently had one of your players log into our MUD and they said our games have a similar feel. I took that as a good thing as I've always appreciated the time and effort you seem to put into Alter Aeon. Good luck!

-Astark
Aarchon MUD
ww_crimson is offline   Reply With Quote