Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Old 05-09-2005, 06:31 PM   #21
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
It was more along the lines of (referring to, frankly, you and a few other posters), "Matt, what are you doing? Does Bill Gates stoop to arguing with random forum trolls on Slashdot? They're beneath you."

I just didn't want to put it that way, because they're more dismissive of people like you than even I am, and I know how easily some TMS posters work themselves into a tantrum.

--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 06:55 PM   #22
PhoenixFlare

PhoenixFlare is on a distinguished road
One wonders why you had to be told that by others. A shame they didn't rein you in earlier.
PhoenixFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 08:35 PM   #23
Delerak

Name: Dan
Delerak is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Delerak Send a message via AIM to Delerak Send a message via MSN to Delerak Send a message via Yahoo to Delerak
Total slaughter... Total slaughter... I won't leave a single man.. alive... La-di-da-di-dai - Geno-cide.. La-di-da-di-dad .. an ocean of blood... Let's begin the killing time..
Delerak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 08:43 PM   #24
PhoenixFlare

PhoenixFlare is on a distinguished road
PhoenixFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 08:45 PM   #25
Kopribear

Kopribear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Kopribear Send a message via MSN to Kopribear Send a message via Yahoo to Kopribear
Are we all children here? Good lord, perhaps they should begin putting a maturity level requirement on MUDs and deviations thus. Lack-wit sarcasm is completely uncalled for... *sparkle* especially following posts with properly witted sarcasm. I will take an example, which is incidentally the only example I can find suitable on this board. Matt simply stated his opinion, albeit sarcastically, and that bruised some egos. Yet he was intelligent in doing so. Next those of you whose egos took a beating in his well-worded post replied, in some instances almost trying to take his words out of context, and proceeded to not attack what he said, but him as a person. That's unfair, especially as he had enough respect to leave personal attacks out. The probable reason that he was asked to stop arguing is that it's unbecoming of an administrator to bicker with children who don't even seem to read over what they type before posting it... so don't attack him for that, either.

Anyway, this is only my second post, perhaps there's simply some friendly rivalry that I've misinterpreted... however, I doubt it. My advice to you all: grow up. If you don't like a website for its principles, then don't support it. Just don't personally attack the people who happen to disagree with you. Play nice, boys and girls.
Kopribear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 08:50 PM   #26
Delerak

Send a message via ICQ to Delerak Send a message via AIM to Delerak Send a message via MSN to Delerak Send a message via Yahoo to Delerak
Go away you fools with no posts, you must have more then a hundred posts to continue with these very important discussions! Where are these people coming from! They are stumbling from their caves of never-postism and beginning to rally! I'll kill all of your children!!
Old 05-09-2005, 09:21 PM   #27
Kopribear

Kopribear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Kopribear Send a message via MSN to Kopribear Send a message via Yahoo to Kopribear
*bounce* Aww, Delly, you're cute. *stuffs him into her pocket* I'm working on the number of posts I've made, but many of you have... oh say two or three years on me... it's gonna take a little catching up to do. Instead of judging by the number of posts I've made, though, how about what I said? ...y'all were new once, too, and were just as respectable as you are now. If not less.
Kopribear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 10:27 PM   #28
Keriwena

Keriwena is on a distinguished road
> Instead of judging by the number of posts I've made, though, how about what I said?

Well, I think you were trying to be condescending. Would you like some lessons?
Keriwena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 03:18 AM   #29
gth

gth is on a distinguished road
gth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 08:27 AM   #30
Delerak

They should start charging to use Linux code! And all the mozilla products should cost money! Everything should cost money I say! Why not! It would stop all this foolish IP I keep hearing about, charge for everything! I think it should cost 1$ just to register at topmudsites then we could rid ourselves of these Medthievia people I keep hearing so much about! Yes. This is the solution, release nothing and charge for everything, become a capitalist internet and destroy the soul of those names and legends we all love - Hans Henrick Staerfeldt, Katja Nyboe, Michael Saefert, and Sebastian Hammer.

-D
Old 05-10-2005, 08:29 AM   #31
Delerak

And let's not forget Tom Madesen!
Old 05-10-2005, 05:57 PM   #32
gth

gth is on a distinguished road
gth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 09:12 PM   #33
Ilkidarios

Name: Lamont
Ilkidarios is on a distinguished road
Thank God I scraped up a hundred posts a while ago. It's almost as if when we start talking about something we don't like, the double-digit posters start coming out of the woodwork just to screw with us.
Ilkidarios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 08:23 PM   #34
Ilkidarios

Name: Lamont
Ilkidarios is on a distinguished road
I was never respectable.  But at least I still have a better reputation than Mihaly.  Its not my fault he has to be such an arrogant, cantankerous idiot all the time.
Ilkidarios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 01:14 AM   #35
tehScarecrow

tehScarecrow is on a distinguished road
tehScarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote