Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > MUD Announcements
Click here to Register

Old 08-27-2004, 04:49 PM   #1
Enola_Phoenix

Enola_Phoenix is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Enola_Phoenix Send a message via MSN to Enola_Phoenix Send a message via Yahoo to Enola_Phoenix
Enola Star has a new home visit us at

I would also like to welcome Domi, Oni, Gregis, Chryslyn to the team of builders.

p.s. Telnet will be 8000 this change will take place within the next week or so (nameservers do take a while).
Enola_Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 02:00 PM   #2
Enola_Phoenix

Send a message via AIM to Enola_Phoenix Send a message via MSN to Enola_Phoenix Send a message via Yahoo to Enola_Phoenix
I would like to welcome Sparks as the newest member of our building staff.
Old 08-31-2004, 11:04 AM   #3
Enola_Phoenix

I apologize for those of you not able to connect the telnet is actually.

enolastar.com 8000

I'm sorry for the previous post having the www in front of it.
Old 09-03-2004, 12:10 PM   #4
Enola_Phoenix

Ok boys and girls, still looking for builders here at Enola Star, to join our team.

So far we are a rapidly growing staff but still have a few positions open for builders, believe me building here is unlike anything you've ever seen, weve taken the hassle out of building and made it fun again.

So drop on in enolastar.com 8000 or 8001 and spaek with Enola.

Look forward to seeing you soon,

Enola
Old 09-03-2004, 02:42 PM   #5
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
What does this mean in practice, out of curiosity?
--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 09:36 PM   #6
Enola_Phoenix

Well to name just a few of our OLC features which aid any builder and make their life easier.

Buildwalk, for those who lay out their areas on paper, just turn it on and follow your paper trail.

Addreset, no more remembering the order of adding resets, load the mob, the object, place them where you want them, type addreset VOILA, their done.

Autovnum searching, for those like me with lots of objects and mobs it gets confusing what I created last, and I don't always want to go through my list to see whats open, so now medit create,and oedit create, searches for the next available vnum, no hassle.

Mobs are autoset by level as are weapons on a slide rule, no more adding dice roll to determine whats right, set the level of the mob, its autoset to sliderule 50, make it harder/better move it up, easier/worse move it down, plus you can also tweak each individual stat if you want, really no need.

Thats just a few of our implementations to help out our builders, to find out more log onto enolastar.com 8000/8001 and speak with me.

Enola
Old 09-04-2004, 03:55 PM   #7
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
That's pretty nice, yeah. What would be even nicer, I think, would be a GUI editor that lets you set up rooms with connections between them and then runs a script to create after.

This is Greek to me I'm afraid. In our system, you just set how many seconds you want between resets on the mob or object and it just starts counting down to reset.

Not sure what this means either unfortunately. Do you mean some building systems make you search for a particular number to assign to a mob or object before you create it? That seems a bit cumbersome.

Yeah, that's how our system works too. You set the level of the mob, the 'defaults' get set along with it, and then you modify it with special attacks and so on.

Say, this might be a useful topic to go into more. I don't know if you're using a codebase or original code or what, but it sounds to me like our building system must differ to some degree from yours (and presumably others). If I get a chance, maybe I'll post a description of our building processes and others can do the same if they've done something different from whatever the 'norm' is.
(Probably best to do it in a new thread though.)
--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 09:28 PM   #8
Enola_Phoenix

Enola Star has a NEW HOME!!! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I am looking for a new home Visti Advertising for Players 6 05-30-2006 06:30 AM
Enola Star has a whole new look.... Enola_Phoenix MUD Announcements 0 09-21-2004 11:54 AM
Looking for a new home? StygianKING Advertising for Players 1 08-04-2004 12:35 AM
Need a new home Prufrock Advertising for Players 11 03-12-2004 04:45 PM
Anywhere But Home cainers Advertising for Players 0 04-22-2002 04:47 PM