Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 04-26-2002, 11:13 PM   #1
kleftis

kleftis is on a distinguished road
I won't even try a non RP Mud , cause what they turn out to be a over golified chat room, you can't play the game for all the spam scrolling you screen from global channels.

Basicly what I want is to be drawn to another world, make some friends, some enemies, but at the same time not feel like I have to seek out "RP sessions"

NO global channels

I'll try to save some people little trouble:
NO plugs for armageddon OR OtherSpace
kleftis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 11:54 PM   #2
Robiwan

Robiwan is on a distinguished road
I'm currently trying Dragon's Gate It seems to be all that you are asking about. Required RP (always on) good system, and only a few of the races have a "link" which is a racial channel, and I think even it is RP restricted.
Robiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2002, 01:24 AM   #3
Zerop

Zerop is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

is dragons-gate pay-per-play?
Zerop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2002, 08:23 AM   #4
kleftis

kleftis is on a distinguished road
yes it it's 9.95/month , but most of the games problems are OOC

1) many skills/features that don't do much/anything, it's not like to change soon , if ever. The company that own it is Mythic entertainmant, if you don't know, producers of Dark Ages of Camalot, so they don't give a crap about dragons gate all their programmers work on DAoC, One reason I like p2p is there is accountability, on a free service, it's "oh well, it's free", but Dgate is p2p, but the GM's are employed by Mythic, but all they get are their game account for free, otherwise they're unpaid.

The reason I'm looking for another mud?

When I play a mud, I want to feel that it has a future in the way of development, and that doesn't appear to be the case in Dgate

as a side note , Robiwan is correct, I just don't want to pay for a mud that doesn't have a developmental furture
kleftis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2002, 01:24 PM   #5
Pleos

Pleos is on a distinguished road
Give The Turning Point a try...it's an RP, fantasy MUD...only global channel is "announce" (for Imms only).

We've been doing a great deal of upgrading to the code of late, adding features, fixing things, etc. And that's not about to change for a good long while.

Check out the website at -- and you can see from the News on the front-page how much has changed just this month alone.

TP is easy for most people to get started in (if you have even just a bit of MUD experience you'll get into the thick of things quite quickly) and you can RP a host of different characters and concepts.

Check it out at ---- tp.org 9999

Pleos, TP Imm

tp.org 9999
Pleos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2002, 02:15 PM   #6
RavenDM

RavenDM is on a distinguished road
Talking

Greetings Kleftis,

You might find that DartMUD - The Lands of Ferdarchi meets your specifications. We have no global channels. The RP is fairly casual* yet immersive, and with a little effort either way, you'll be sure to have plenty of friends and/or enemies.

LP, Permadeath, PK allowed. Info link from the TMS front page, presently #20 (but we try harder).

dartmud.com 2525

Best of luck in your search,

-Raven

* By casual, I mean: Most conversations take place in standard (not ye olde) english. The RP is usually "enforced" by players, not staff.
RavenDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2002, 03:16 PM   #7
Ymorr

Ymorr is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Ymorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2002, 03:43 PM   #8
xotl

xotl is on a distinguished road
xotl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2002, 04:28 PM   #9
debbie1260

debbie1260 is on a distinguished road
It is true that the GM's are unpaid, but I doubt that you will ever see a more devoted staff or player group. Most of the skills are combat oriented, and it is true that such things as tradeskills may not ever happen.....BUT.....it is the game I keep coming back to because of its tremendous RP environment and great scenarios. Don't knock this game till you've tried it....and if you try it....I doubt you will ever quit.

Deb
A devoted DGate player
debbie1260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2002, 05:50 PM   #10
Savinien

Savinien is on a distinguished road
Try Azhad if you're interested in seeing a MUD environment based on a medieval Mid-Asian theme,
or, Outremer, if you like the MUX environment. I'm partial to the Dumas' genre and give Outremer
thumbs up on immersion.

Sav
Savinien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 09:53 AM   #11
Tindalos

Tindalos is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Tindalos
Smile

Hey there Kleftis, I think you should take a look at the Southlands, roleplay is truly enforced and intensive there. You come up with a character concept on your own, or you can mail the admins for some ideas. There's a post in this forum where I've written a short list of what kind of character concepts we definitely need at the moment. For features and such I suggest that you look at our website.

We're a friendly bunch, staff and players alike, and it's a steadily growing lot of people who play. The game is ever changing and expanding. What the heck, come take a look.
Tindalos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 12:41 PM   #12
Psykore

Psykore is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Psykore Send a message via AIM to Psykore Send a message via MSN to Psykore Send a message via Yahoo to Psykore
Psykore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2002, 06:41 PM   #13
Panda

Panda is on a distinguished road
Kleftis,

I recommend Threshold. There are a couple ooc channels, but game related stuff is not discussed on them. Roleplaying is enforced. The admin takes an active role in making sure that cheaters are punished and the rules conformed to. The admin also gets involved in creating story lines which create loads of rp opportunities for players. Right now there are a couple big ones going on and we're all having a lot of fun with them. Threshold is free to try out. If at some point you decide it is the mud for you, you are expected to contribute financially. How much is left up to you which I think is a very fair system. There are no monthly fees. Check out the website: threshold-rpg.com
Panda is offline   Reply With Quote

friendly IC mud - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RP-Friendly world looking for Lead Characters! Aranoxx Advertising for Players 0 03-09-2006 07:35 PM
What makes a MUD newbie friendly? Ella Newbie Help 8 05-05-2004 04:41 PM
Newbie Friendly D&D Based --Come Try--- Damarius Advertising for Players 1 12-28-2003 02:47 AM
Friendly players wanted Jasmyn Advertising for Players 0 10-30-2002 08:56 PM
Great MUD friendly IMMs come see Alley Advertising for Players 1 09-03-2002 02:46 PM