Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Old 06-16-2005, 07:49 PM   #1
Ilkidarios

Name: Lamont
Ilkidarios is on a distinguished road
I've recently become hooked on the MMO City of Heroes. And I was wondering if there were other people on TopMud who play this game. I've got a Science Blaster ice guy on Triumph server, his name's Chilly Dog if anyone wants to add him to friends. If you do play, please post your hero or heroine's name here with the server. Maybe we could have a TopMudSites supergroup or something.
Ilkidarios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 12:54 PM   #2
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
I played for about 6 weeks last summer when it came out, and got a character in each archetype to level 14 (mainly so I could use the traveling power), but became bored soon after in each case. There's nothing to do but bash monsters, and it got old.

--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 05:58 PM   #3
Ilkidarios

I'd imagine most of the guys on here moved on to World of Warcraft.  I tried it, but the truth is, I'd grown tired of all those Medieval fantasy games.  I got tired of crafting armor, fighting goblins, and raiding dungeons for gold.  I really wanted something new, and that's when CoH came along.  It offered an alternative to the old Medieval thing from EVERY OTHER MMO IN EXISTENCE.  That's why I started City of Heroes.  Because, in my humble opinion, it is a welcome alternative to most MMO's. Plus I'm a real comic books nerd. I'm serious. I paid forty bucks for that DC comics encyclopaedia a few months ago, and I still read it!
Old 06-18-2005, 02:17 PM   #4
the_logos
Legend

Yep, that's why I played CoH too. I love the cheesy Marvel/DC-style superhero stuff. Plus, the combat in CoH felt 'solid' to me unlike virtually every other graphical MUD. The character creation is the best out there too (at least until Simutronic's Hero's Journey comes out). I tried WoW and lasted exactly 12 days before cancelling my account. The combat sucked (it feels sloppy and like you're rarely actually being hit or hitting someone) and it was just Yet Another Monster Bashing Fest. (YAMBF).

--matt
Old 06-18-2005, 02:51 PM   #5
Ilkidarios

Old 06-18-2005, 04:06 PM   #6
the_logos
Legend

I doubt we'll ever see it happen. A decent percentage of the population in a game has to want to roleplay somewhat consistently for there to be any feeling of roleplaying, and the vast majority of people playing the big graphical games just aren't interested in it.

--matt
Old 06-18-2005, 05:22 PM   #7
Ilkidarios

I'll bet they're the same people who's first computer game (not in the arcade) was Quake or something, and that was generally ANYBODY who made their first foray into computer gaming in 1996, obviously someone who has been computer gaming since the eighties would have different reasons.  Mine was Zork.  Yep, I'm old school.  Check it, you can download Zorkizzle 1-3 right .
Old 06-18-2005, 05:28 PM   #8
prof1515

prof1515 will become famous soon enoughprof1515 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to prof1515 Send a message via Yahoo to prof1515
Agreed, that's why I just play text-based games when it comes to RP, and RPI at that (as most well know). The only graphicals I play are single-player or strategy games.

Take care,

Jason
prof1515 is offline   Reply With Quote

City of Heroes - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Heroes of Azia seeks some heroes seanheng Advertising for Players 0 08-05-2006 02:20 PM
Heroes of Azia seeks help seanheng Advertising for Staff 0 08-05-2006 02:15 PM
City vs City Capture the Flag in Achaea Maya MUD Announcements 0 01-23-2006 06:57 PM
Heroes Of Azia levanon Advertising for Players 0 03-17-2003 08:10 PM
Heroes Of Azia levanon Advertising for Staff 0 02-06-2003 09:15 PM