Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Old 07-24-2008, 06:57 PM   #1
Violette

Goddess like Lusternia's Lisaera?

I love that immortal! I'm tempted to go back to Lusternia just to soak in the Lisaera lore and energy... but I won't. Any other muds have an immortal like her?

I love this: (ignore the links)

"
Mysterious and changeable, Lisaera exhibits a threefold that is
reflected in Her varying Manifestations, much like Her awakened Spirit.
Walking also in the garb of all Seasons, She is of the mind that there is a
for everything in the natural course of awareness: life and , light
and darkness, joy and sorrow, aggression and peace, and that the wise would
endure and to rise from all circumstances.

Tending towards the spiritual and magical facets of , She is also fond
of and often harnesses the powers of the elements for Her own uses.

Her symbol is a silver chalice wreathed in vines."
Old 07-25-2008, 03:44 AM   #2
Morgfyre

Name: JT
Home MUD: Midkemia Online
Home MUD: Lusternia
Morgfyre is on a distinguished road
Re: Goddess like Lusternia's Lisaera?

I know a good one:
Morgfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 12:12 PM   #3
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough

If you like religious roleplay and good sound descriptive Gods/Goddesses, I would give Threshold a try. They have one of the best religious setups I've seen.
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 02:33 PM   #4
Violette

Muds that require payment are out of the question, thanks though.

But if Threshold has "one of the best religious setups" you've seen, then you must've seen others? Which muds were those?
Old 07-27-2008, 07:03 PM   #5
Aelitan

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Aelitan is on a distinguished road

Within the last 8mths or so, the required registration/payment for ThresholdRPG has been removed. You are actually free to play it without being forced to contribute.
Aelitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 03:34 PM   #6
Newworlds
Legend

Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough

I don't recall Threshold ever being required pay to play. Just a registration fee or upgrade type fees which were always voluntary and reasonable.

Anyhoo,

I'm seeking out those other Muds, but the three I remembered are now defunct. You have to know this was years and years ago. Currently, I'd say Threshold has the best descriptive and variety of religion if that is what you like.

There are religions and gods in NW, but I'm not telling you about them, you have to be in the game to find out ;-P
Old 07-29-2008, 12:45 PM   #7
Threshold
Legend

Threshold will become famous soon enough

Thanks.

Threshold does not require payment. We have an optional "pay for perks" model, but character advancement and development are not connected to it. You do not need credits to train skills or advance levels. You can reach the maximum level, train every skill, join any guild (class), etc. without needing a single ThreshCredit.

And the religion system is probably one of the most robust systems of the game. You can read about the deities here:

Check it out.
Threshold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 09:08 AM   #8
MudMann

Home MUD: Primordiax
Home MUD: Threshold
MudMann will become famous soon enough

But correct me if I am wrong, isnt joining a religion one of those perks that you have still to pay for? The last time I played Threshold was just as everything was going free.

However I have to agree, Thresholds religion and the changes in it are very detailed (Aetherial Shift if my memory serves sounded like an interesting time to play) and if religion is now a freebie definitly worth a look-see for the OP.
MudMann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 08:45 PM   #9
Violette

I'm currently checking it out, and so far I'm impressed (in character creation phase still, though). I just wish the deities which no longer exist (Vivoria, Calpyso, Chronos, Kylamane) were still present. There would've been more diversity that way... instead of the basic deities. I understand if you had to cut them back because of lack of funding though... someone obviously has to play them and perhaps since economy is bad you don't have the resources for extravagances.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:17 AM   #10
Milawe

Home MUD: Stash
Home MUD: Archons of Avenshar
Milawe has a spectacular aura aboutMilawe has a spectacular aura about

Actually, they got cut several years ago to try to balance the game out more. Having a goddess of magic and luck in one made almost every thief and mage go there. That made it incredibly difficult to balance out the other religions. Since Threshold's main conflicts follow around a religious theme, having an inherently overpowered religion made it very difficult for other religions. Chronos was Calypso's direct opposite. She was the goddess of Fate which opposed luck. Vivoria had the same problem as Calypso since she was the goddess of life.

Kylamane's religion is actually now stronger than when she was an actual goddess. She has a very devout following with several players. I can't really give their stuff away, but you might be interested in checking it out.

Sorry for the delayed reply. It's been busy!
Milawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 11:58 AM   #11
Newworlds
Legend

Violette,

I'm glad you gave it a try. They are definately my fav when it comes to religious variance and style. It can be an interesting game, just make sure you give it a few weeks for immersion into the environment and I'm sure you will enjoy your stay.

Good Luck!