Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > Mud Development and Administration > MUD Builders and Areas
Click here to Register

Old 05-03-2002, 09:34 AM   #1
Brianna

Brianna is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Brianna Send a message via MSN to Brianna Send a message via Yahoo to Brianna
Unhappy

Brianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2002, 10:55 AM   #2
kaylus1

I don't know quite how Rom works with it's Progs, or in fact how they work much at all. Though I will assume they are similar to the way DGscripts are setup in Circle.

You would probably do best not to code a special for the area, but instead to code the Triggers themselves. Code a trigger for your mprogs that activates on a zone reset.

Then just put that zone echo mprog in with a zone reset trigger? That to me would be the best way to go about this, as you may find yourself wanting do this for another zone, and will find it reusuable. Make it a Zone reset trigger, or a Room reset trigger.

Onto the usage of it, sounds pretty good though every reset may get a bit repetitive on the players, of course depending on how long they stay within areas. Maybe either echo it to the zone randomly, or to the rooms randomly. (i.e. 33% chance or 50% chance per reset).

Kaylus@Solice
Old 05-04-2002, 01:43 AM   #3
Tavish

Tavish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Tavish
I am pretty sure ROT runs the same type of mprogs I do so I would suggest a random trigger. It will go off according to the amount you set it to and only while a player is in the area. Put the mprog on a mob and hide it away in an impossible to get to room (something along those lines). Give each zecho you want to go off its own random within the program and whamo, insta-atmosphere.

Rprog would be an even better solution if you happen to have those.

Now of course I might be missing the point of the messages entirely. If you NEED them to run based off of the weather or at each tick let me know.
Tavish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 04:42 AM   #4
Sidmouth

Sidmouth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Sidmouth
Well it seems the trick with rprogs would be that you can't set rooms as always_update (to my knowledge). If you put a mob in a room not connected to the area, made him always_update and gave him a rand that echos whatever you like to every room in the area (would have to actually put every vnum in there unfortunately, unless you have some sort of area echo) this should do the trick.
Sidmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 10:52 AM   #5
Tavish

Tavish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Tavish
Actually a random trigger will go off as long as a player is in the same area as the mob. The update_always will make it go off wether players are in the area or not. I didn't really see much a point for that, but it is available if you need it.
Tavish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2002, 10:50 AM   #6
Brianna

Brianna is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Brianna Send a message via MSN to Brianna Send a message via Yahoo to Brianna
Brianna is offline   Reply With Quote

Okay have a question on something - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A question Garud Newbie Help 5 06-02-2006 05:12 PM
That Age Old Question... NotL337 MUD Coding 18 04-07-2006 03:38 AM
MUD question Hoj Newbie Help 2 07-21-2004 11:43 AM
Question Nostrum Newbie Help 1 11-18-2002 04:35 PM
A Question weiss Tavern of the Blue Hand 2 05-27-2002 01:50 PM