Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Old 08-15-2004, 01:50 PM   #21
Enola_Phoenix

Enola_Phoenix is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Enola_Phoenix Send a message via MSN to Enola_Phoenix Send a message via Yahoo to Enola_Phoenix
I don't think any of his points were based on the rules or not, or hinderance there in. The things he posted about were playability with all rules aside (i.e. bugs, lag, newbie friendly). So whether he followed the rules or not, I didn't see a rant by him about him getting punished, and the only rule that was broken (or brought up rather) was him messagining immortals who seemed to be busier with whatever than helping him get his account straight.
Enola_Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 03:32 PM   #22
crymerci

crymerci is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to crymerci Send a message via Yahoo to crymerci
As another Armageddon player, I have to agree that the review in question contains a lot of unlikely assertions or gross misinterpretations, as well as some truthful assessments. But personally, I don't have a problem with it.

For players who have the same values as the reviewer when it comes to choosing a MUD, they will not choose ArmageddonMUD, and that's ok. Not every MUD is for every person.

Besides, I doubt that anyone simply reads a single review before deciding whether or not to play a game. You read a few, you figure out which reviews are propaganda, which reviews are bitter and vengeful, and which reviews might just be balanced. Then you can generally make an informed decision on whether or not you might want to try it for yourself.
crymerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 03:59 PM   #23
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
So Enola.

Let's say you ran a mud. Let's say I decided to review it. Here's one possibility:

EnolaMud sucks. I mean - you never see any players. You never see any staff members. There's never anything to do. You can't get levels -OR- experience, even though their website says you can. The website says you can get a blessed broadsword of Magic Missile +10 by just walking into the shop and asking for one. But I didn't even see any shop, let alone be able to ask for the sword.

Now - your mud has an average of 300 people logged in at any given moment, and active staff 24/7, with enough staff members to accommodate even the busiest of moments (like after a crash when half the players just lost all their stuff). When you walk into the game every logon, you are greeted with a scroll-up list called "Things To Do" which has a -minimum- of 30 possible things to do on it. The game has levels and experience points, and at least three dozen possible ways to get it, with one dozen of them dedicated exclusively for new players.

The blessed broadsword is in the shop, which is one room north of the newbie spawn area, and the shop has a huge sign outside the door reading "Get your blessed swords here! Type ENTER SHOP to get in!" and once incide the shop the first line of the room description reads, "Type ASK CLERK BROAD to get your magic broadsword of Magic Missile +10!"

Now - in MY experience, every single thing I wrote in my review was 100% true. Unfortunately, everything I wrote in my review was based on the fact that...

I never bothered to log into the game at all. I was basing my entire review on the fact that I never tried to play the game.

But you're saying that's okay...because it's still my experience. I experienced - not logging on. And in that experience, I observed everything I wrote about. I just conveniently forgot to mention that I never logged in.

This is okay by you? Since it really WAS my experience, and everything I experienced I wrote about truthfully?

OR - would you think maybe I'm a dickweed for intentionally misleading the reader, to purposely tarnish your game's reputation with half-truths based on half-truths? Would you NOT feel the need to either have my review removed, or if you didn't have the authority to do so - maybe post a rebuttal here on the forum to make sure readers understand that ReviewerJazuela was never even a member of your mud's community, and that the only POSSIBLE way that experience could have occurred, was with a player who never logged in?
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 05:15 PM   #24
Valg

Home MUD: Carrion Fields
Valg will become famous soon enough
Yup. I was surprised the Armageddon crew has given this review as much ink as they have. They have a number of other, positive reviews that people can read which give a very different opinion than the one of this author.
Valg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 06:29 PM   #25
mansa

mansa is on a distinguished road
Us Armageddon people are bored. That's about it.
mansa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 07:46 PM   #26
Enola_Phoenix

Enola_Phoenix is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Enola_Phoenix Send a message via MSN to Enola_Phoenix Send a message via Yahoo to Enola_Phoenix
Well Jaz, I do have a mud, and if you did post a review like that well, I would get much amusement out of it, because for one all points you "hypothetically would have made" could be disauded my just logging in, and unless there was more than review of that nature, I highly doubt anyone would hold it in high regard. I'm not saying people are right by just posting anything they want, but they CAN post on their experience of a game they actually played, and all points that were stated seemed to suggest he did play for atleast a bit. You're scenario really didn't address anything I stated and just showed immaturity and lack of intelligence, even though post of that nature do surface, they are easily dimissed.
Enola_Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 02:05 AM   #27
Dunestalker

Dunestalker is on a distinguished road
Dunestalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 04:32 PM   #28
Dunestalker

Dunestalker is on a distinguished road
Hrrrmm...thinking about it now I almost want to speak with the person who wrote the review and see if I can help them along a bit...then again...after this, maybe not.

*shrugs*
Dunestalker is offline   Reply With Quote

Armageddon "Review" - Rebuttal - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Latest Armageddon Review Gaare Tavern of the Blue Hand 11 06-07-2005 04:10 AM
The latest Armageddon review... WarHound Tavern of the Blue Hand 10 05-22-2005 10:36 PM
Armageddon MUD Gaare Advertising for Players 0 05-16-2005 11:48 PM
Response to latest Armageddon Review Jazuela Tavern of the Blue Hand 2 06-13-2004 10:39 PM
Latest Armageddon MUD Review Sanvean Advertising for Players 0 03-08-2004 11:29 AM