Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 08-25-2003, 11:45 PM   #41
CSmith_Fan

CSmith_Fan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to CSmith_Fan
CSmith_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 12:07 PM   #42
Sarolite

Sarolite is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Sarolite Send a message via MSN to Sarolite
Sarolite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 02:40 PM   #43
less than sacred

less than sacred is on a distinguished road
Y'all go ahead and keep bashing my little mud. It's funny because each time you do I get an influx of players that not only come and see what all the fuss is about but choose to stay and play. So obviously I'm doing something right.

Dark Hope players are devoted, and happy. To me that's all that matters. So go ahead and try every trick in the book that you can think of to try to discredit my mud. It's ok because the mud stands on it's own merits. I've asked, then challenged those who would flame me to simply come and play. Only one person has come to put my claim to the test. And you know what? He's now one of the most hard core players that is there. Funny, huh?

So what are you all afraid of? Afraid that I am right, (which I am) or afraid that you'll like my mud (which you will), or afraid that your jealousy will make you look bad (because it has)?

I can back my claims up. I claim my game is friendly, fun, challenging, and packed with things you won't find anywhere else. 125 areas, some 60 of which you won't find on any other mud. Another 10-20 you might find on another mud (such as Jerrik's areas) but these were still redone, by Jerrik himself, to suit our system.

So go ahead. Say my mud is stock. Then prove it.
I dare you.
Got the balls to take the challenge?
less than sacred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 02:50 PM   #44
Amnon

Amnon is on a distinguished road
*sigh* That sure was one of the more... how do I say this... arrogant posts TMS has ever seen probably.

I never flamed your posts before, but I sure as #### see why the other people did - all the basics you're saying about hard code players may be true, but I'm sure you ain't getting influx of players who all wanna come and play with a guy who posts stuff like "Afraid I'm right (Which I am)".

You just lost my vote.
Amnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2003, 02:36 AM   #45
prof1515

prof1515 will become famous soon enoughprof1515 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to prof1515 Send a message via Yahoo to prof1515
Well, having tried it, I'd have to say that it's one of the most innovative, creative, and awe-inspiring MUDs I've ever seen...so long as these are all synonyms for "stock".

So, I have to agree with KaVir. The game is mostly stock without even the most remote amount of detail that could justify its creator's claims.

I'd have to give this game a score of 0.5 out of 4 stars.

Admittedly, I don't like hack-and-slash MUDs, but even so, I've seen far better out there.
prof1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2003, 09:43 PM   #46
CSmith_Fan

CSmith_Fan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to CSmith_Fan
CSmith_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 09:22 PM   #47
Delerak

Name: Dan
Delerak is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Delerak Send a message via AIM to Delerak Send a message via MSN to Delerak Send a message via Yahoo to Delerak
Premonition: Darkhope doesn't last up to 2004. Heh.

-Delerak
Delerak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 02:24 PM   #48
Stilton

Stilton is on a distinguished road
I'm sure KaVir will attest that I'm not biased towards him [;)] when I say that no, he's not the one looking like an ass here.

You marched into a community, spammed their forums without bothering to find out what social conventions are in place, and then got belligerent when confronted. Apologize and move on.

One of your most hardcore players is someone so new to the game that he was attracted by this thread?

You are embarassing yourself, LTS. Call it a day and go home.

Stilton
Stilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 12:27 AM   #49
tippy

tippy is on a distinguished road
ok, Less than sacred, you say only one person has come to take the test? Well, does that mean you only have one player, if they're the only one who actually went and played.
(and btw, I tried dark hope mud, so that's two people who took the test, and that's one who isn't one of the most hardcore players)
tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 06:42 PM   #50
Iluvatar

Iluvatar is on a distinguished road
An old saying comes to mind called "shot yourself in the foot," but I must congratulate LTS for making even an old fart like me laugh like a hyena for the 15 minutes it took to read this thread.

It's interesting that someone can come to TMS which is one of the most respected sites for senior world managers and coders to interact and dis one of it's most respected members for polite guidance. I guess that's called free speech and all that interesting democracy stuff in action.

I felt I needed to post to this thread, not to goad more into checking out the site as LTS obviously is, but because KaVir can "lie" to me in this context any day of the week and I would respect his comments as true. He may sometimes go overboard as we all can and deserving of a good boot, but his heart is with our community and he makes well measured, honest responses.

I hope those that read this thread learn the value of taking some time to get to know a place like this, take their time to craft comments and responses as well as use common sense.
Iluvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 03:44 AM   #51
Aeolus

Aeolus is on a distinguished road
Gee... I can't claim to be an expert on original zones in MUDs, but I can recognize when someone is acting like a troll.

LTS, we all take it on the chin sometimes. Maybe its better to let this drop. All they really asked you to do was only post advertisements every once and a while rather than several times a day. If your post is on the most recent five, then you're doing allright.
Aeolus is offline   Reply With Quote

Great mud seeking players!! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Act of War: The New War seeking players Boreth Advertising for Players 0 05-15-2006 01:01 AM
Great Mud with a past needs players! frayz Advertising for Players 0 01-21-2006 07:06 PM
An old mud seeking new players cowofjoy Advertising for Players 0 01-07-2006 10:06 PM
A GREAT MUD needing players Asalyt Advertising for Players 0 08-22-2003 08:26 PM
Seeking RP Mud w/Great Crafting System Slanted Advertising for Players 6 03-11-2003 04:04 PM