Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Old 04-13-2006, 06:27 AM   #1
prof1515

prof1515 will become famous soon enoughprof1515 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to prof1515 Send a message via Yahoo to prof1515
Man, I'm not sure how I feel right now, but satisfied at having vented some steam is probably a pretty good description. I just totaled my $4000 laptop that I've owned for less than 60 hours. Was probably a dumb thing to do (since while it wouldn't connect to the internet, the DVD system still functioned, though the scratched up screen is annoying to view now), but after all the frustration of waiting for this thing only to find it doesn't work right, there was little chance of me letting that piece of junk exist one more day.

A warning. Avoid dealing with Lenovo. They said delivery would take 3-5 weeks, and it took 8 weeks before they informed me it would be delayed (without so much as a providing a reason) and over 12 weeks before it actually arrived. And the damned thing didn't even function properly (either they failed to install all the hardware or they installed it incorrectly, either way it wasn't internet-capable). I highly recommend against doing business with them. As for myself, I'm filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I don't expect my $4000 back (especially now that I've totally trashed the computer), but maybe someone else won't fart away their money on the #### those retarded, incompetant ****tards produce.

Take care,

Jason
prof1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 08:47 AM   #2
Aarn

Aarn is on a distinguished road
Aarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 08:50 AM   #3
Hadoryu

Hadoryu is on a distinguished road
Hadoryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 04:42 PM   #4
Threshold
Legend

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Threshold will become famous soon enough
Threshold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 05:13 PM   #5
Milawe

Home MUD: Stash
Home MUD: Archons of Avenshar
Milawe has a spectacular aura aboutMilawe has a spectacular aura about
Save me the "a" key from your smashed up laptop! Mine's kind of faded.
Milawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 07:36 PM   #6
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
IBM sold their PC arm, and it's now called Lenovo.

--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 09:07 PM   #7
prof1515

prof1515 will become famous soon enoughprof1515 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to prof1515 Send a message via Yahoo to prof1515
For the last twenty months, I've been experiencing serious health problems. A pair of wounds on my ankles that were initially diagnosed as venous-stasis (a condition most people don't develop until they're elderly...I'm 31). They weren't supposed to take this long to heal, but in December 2004 I was hit by an infection severe enough that it required the strongest antibiotics known to medical science to control and more than tripled the size of my wounds (when I last looked at them three weeks ago, the smallest of the three was approximately 2 inches by 2.5 inches across and a quarter inch deep). Every goddamned medical test known to modern science has failed to identify the cause of the problems. I've had blood tests done on me for everything from rare cancers to HIV to exotic diseases. Nothing. I've had skin grafts, surgeries, every damned treatment they know performed on me and with little or no results. I've endured a half-dozen infections in my wounds which each time have set me back further and further. While some of the treatment methods have managed to make it a bit easier on me (this time last year I was passing out weekly when they removed my bandages.and it took 1-2 hours of soaking them to remove, now with the new bandage methods it takes 5 minutes and is relatively painless unless there's excessive bleeding). Staying in bed is pretty much the only way some days to keep my wounds from bleeding (which when the blood dries makes the bandages cut into the wounds even more). A wireless laptop from bed is the only way to avoid either laying in bed 24/7 or continuing to pay the physical price for logging in here and suffering later (when someone once asked why I don't pay attention to PMs, it's because while I'm online, I have to take advantage of my time and cram as much activity in as possible before the wounds start bleeding and I have to head back to bed...so now you know the reason why).

So, I bought the goddamned laptop. The damned thing was purchased in January and I was told to expect delivery in 3-5 weeks. So, preparations for the laptop, including upgrading from ****ty dial-up to DSL to support wireless operation were made for week #6 (and due to my geographic location, which by the worst of luck I happen to live in the worst spot in the entire Midwest for coverage, DSL costs more than twice broadband in other locations). After EIGHT weeks, I received a letter saying it would be up to another two months before it'd arrive. Additionally, I'm trying to get my MUD started and it's near to impossible for me to hop online for an hour here or there an coordinate with everyone. I spent the last three nights trying everything, consulting with no fewer than four other people including a friend of mine who's a network engineer and sets up networks for telecommunications companies for a living and had no luck. Nearest they can figure, Lenovo didn't install everything correctly. Well, if it took 12 weeks to deliver something they promised in 3-5, how the #### long can I expect a group of retarded monkeys to repair something? Contacting them is another joke...nothing like waiting weeks for an email response and hours on hold) I'd rather just write them off as incompentant hacks and be done with it. I want nothing more to do with them. I highly encourage each of you to avoid them as well. IBM may have faith in them, but that says something about the fools running IBM.

Take care,

Jason
prof1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 11:22 PM   #8
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 02:30 AM   #9
Hadoryu

Hadoryu is on a distinguished road
That really sucks mate. Get better soon, eh? Hope the next company you order from has much better service.
Hadoryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 01:41 PM   #10
Threshold
Legend

Threshold will become famous soon enough
Threshold is offline   Reply With Quote

Sometimes it's good to vent - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
good RP MUD nomiko Roleplaying and Storytelling 28 01-17-2010 03:11 PM
Know of a good mud? ReadOrDie Tavern of the Blue Hand 1 02-26-2006 01:20 PM
What makes a "good" PK MU* ? Earthmother Newbie Help 11 05-31-2005 03:04 PM
Looking for a good MUD Asalyt Advertising for Players 5 07-29-2003 12:55 PM
Its good to be good or.. Shao_Long Tavern of the Blue Hand 11 05-28-2002 04:47 AM