Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Old 05-28-2002, 05:35 PM   #1
Soup_Nazi

Soup_Nazi is on a distinguished road
Talking

Soup_Nazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 05:57 PM   #2
Shao_Long

Shao_Long is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Shao_Long Send a message via MSN to Shao_Long
Shao_Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 06:58 PM   #3
thelenian

thelenian is on a distinguished road
exactly what was it about TEC that you liked?
thelenian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 09:58 PM   #4
Wenlin

Wenlin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Wenlin
Hmm, I tried TEC when I thought mud was wet dirt. TEC was pretty impressive from my newbie point of view. Looking back, the pros seem to be good roleplaying, level-less system, and goto command...
also, realistic damage, (heh, sometimes my arm got gashed and started bleeding, people looked at me REAL funny) and if you get your leg broken, you can't walk, if your arm is broken, you can't swing your sword. Heights are accurate too, a mouse cannot hit you in the eyes, only below the waist.

ehh, cons, which I don't think are fixed by mudding for a year is that the city is HUGE AND CONFUSING. They got player made maps, but it doesn't completely help.
Lotta players, even though the system is freely pk, I think, you get in trouble for killing innocent adventurers. But the mess of players makes sure that all the zones are "camped", as in they are filled with people already there and doing anything might get you accused of killstealing.
Skills seemed kind of hard to get better at...

Ehh, it has been a VERY long time, years, since I set foot in the confusing world of TEC, but the Nazi of Soup's argument has facts behind it...
Wenlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 10:41 PM   #5
melopene

melopene is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to melopene
melopene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2002, 02:45 AM   #6
Soup_Nazi

Soup_Nazi is on a distinguished road
Wink

No one has really awnsered my question, Yes i have tryed Realms of Despair, but i cant get the grip on it like i did with EC, i know it may not be a Role-Players Haven but i think it is a solid game, i could emerse myself into.

The proplum im having with all these new muds is that i cant find out what is goin on, it is to much so fast, like in EC people where friendly (most of the time) and would help u when u needed it, like where the hunting grounds are and where i buy weapons, but in these games like RD i cant find some one to give me the time of the day, yes they are friendly but it is so hard for them to find u with all these dumb ass portals, #### i cant find anything to hunt and when i do it is too big are scary and it just ends up sending me to the All forgiving gods that give u a lecture and send u back to get slaughterd. K im not ripping this game im sure it is a fine mud, i just like games that are easy to follow and fun to come back to, Has anyone played EC? if u have u will no where im coming from.

So again i ask anyone know of a JAVA game thats meets the greatness of Eternal-City!
Soup_Nazi is offline   Reply With Quote

TO all mudders! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Websites MUDders Like Orion Elder Tavern of the Blue Hand 68 06-13-2012 09:05 PM
non-mudders zombiedepot Newbie Help 13 07-11-2008 11:44 AM
Young Mudders vs. Old Mudders Enzo Introduce Yourself 59 11-10-2002 10:19 PM
Mudders, nerds or not? Hannah Tavern of the Blue Hand 40 10-09-2002 09:08 AM
Old Mudders Unite! Tooloose Introduce Yourself 4 05-13-2002 02:09 PM