Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2003, 11:46 PM   #21
Shao_Long
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: belfast, UK
Posts: 505
Shao_Long is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Shao_Long Send a message via MSN to Shao_Long
Mmmm... The familiar "I AM L33T J00 R NOT" attitude... Refreshing!
Looking to that innovation post did charged me with hatred towards humanity for like a dozen or two kills. Thanks!
Shao_Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 12:26 AM   #22
Ingham
 
Posts: n/a
In the name of all that is chaotic...

I have sinned.

I have sinned against good taste and common, both on and off these boards. I'm too ashamed to admit what I have done, for it's just... Too... Horrible. Eris has forsaken me. Is there a place left in this world for someone who did something really stupid, knowingly, willing and actually enjoying it?

I am such a heathen... I don't even deserve death for this!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 01:29 AM   #23
The Vorpal Tribble
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 203
The Vorpal Tribble is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to The Vorpal Tribble
I am so self-confident that I did not even read what the other posts were to know exactly what this thread is about. Bow before me, for I AM worthy.
The Vorpal Tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 10:38 AM   #24
Ingham
 
Posts: n/a
I feel so filthy

I swear, if you ever, EVER meet an interesting girl over the internet, ask for at least 3+ pics prior to doing anything stupid. Trust me on that one; it sucks to find out you were dating trailer park trash, even though i had the luck of losing the bitch before I finally got my hands on some decent pics. The fact she had an AOL account should have warned me...

I have sinned... In the name of Eris, please forgive me my sins
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 04:36 PM   #25
Delerak
Senior Member
 
Delerak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Name: Dan
Location: New York
Posts: 706
Delerak is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Delerak Send a message via AIM to Delerak Send a message via MSN to Delerak Send a message via Yahoo to Delerak
I'm flaming Armageddon mud:

I think the staff there needs to rethink their priorities! I'll be damned if they are going to break me! They won't have me, they won't have meeeeee! RAAAAAAA!
If I met the overlords IRL I would start battering them unrecognizable! #### it would make Nessalin look better! Haha! I would have to leave the females alone of course, they can't help it if they are bossed around by the male staff. Oh well, go figure, need some more feminism up in there eh? And as for the staff who plays PCs at the same time, go to #### eh? You ruin the mud world like that. You aren't fooling anybody with yer "Let me post as my imm then go back as my player and post" As if we don't know it's you! Jeezus. You aren't that deceptive....hmm yet. Hah. I am on a roll. Hey Bhagharva, that isn't pink eye in all your pictures is it?
------

The Scent of Nestequick slowly fades into existance.

Mmmm, chocolate.

Hey to all the rest of you assholes who like to judge me by the reputation, go fondle some more nobles, because I love my reputation! Haha! It's made me infamous, I have people messaging me over aim thinking I am playing that balance-forsaken mud!
"Because Delerak I know you from a mile away!" Hahaha, hilarious! Egan you fool!
I have so much more to dish out but unlike the rest of you however I am going to the gym! Hahaha!

-Delerak
( don't take this post seriously as plenty of you will, bastards..)
Delerak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 11:50 PM   #26
Ingham
 
Posts: n/a
sounds like someone has been sniffing sawdust again...
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 02:27 AM   #27
Delerak
Senior Member
 
Delerak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Name: Dan
Location: New York
Posts: 706
Delerak is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Delerak Send a message via AIM to Delerak Send a message via MSN to Delerak Send a message via Yahoo to Delerak
sounds like ingham has been sniffing herbal essences again...
Delerak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 05:02 PM   #28
Shao_Long
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: belfast, UK
Posts: 505
Shao_Long is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Shao_Long Send a message via MSN to Shao_Long
I am your Only True God, bow down before my power.

(Just a small off-topic, is the w0rd H3LL considered to be swearing? )
Shao_Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 01:11 AM   #29
CSmith_Fan
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Michigan
Posts: 90
CSmith_Fan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to CSmith_Fan
(This is a reply to a post over in www.againsttcpa.com )

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Do you think this is a good excuse for the US government to take away rights granted to its people in the Bill of Rights?? Have you even looked at the so-called Patriot Act?
Obviously you dont understand my statement....if we're loosing our freedoms then why do we still have the right to speak freely, etc? The only real freedoms that are getting taken away are either by liberals (@nd Amendment and First Amendment via Political Correctness and banning books because it might be offensive) or because of liberal backed organizations. E.L.F. ring a bell? Weather Underground? Also consider that the liberal politicians, mostly in nCalifornia and Arizona are committing felonies and getting away with it..but i wont get into legal issues now..


Quote:
Originally Posted by
Typically Liberals advocate better social services for the general populace at the expense of higher taxes.
Like giving government money to illegal aliens but not for deserving AMERICAN citizens?

Quote:
Originally Posted by
So, now that we've cut taxes in a huge way, and also increased our military spending in a huge way, that obviously leaves much less money for our schools. And you say this is on the liberal agenda? Under Bush? Are you crazy
Ahh..yes..schools where history is re-written to appease some minority that has a non-profit organization with loads of cash backing it....school systems where liberal run/influenced colleges let in people with NO SAT scores that even come close to the required to enter but turn away those who busted butt, got thaty 4.0 GPA and skimped and saved for the tutition only to get turned down because for reasons I wont even discuss here out of respect for Snoozer and the intelligent regs.
remeber Clinton's so called 'buget surplus' ? Funny...the surplus was from a plan Regan initiated..Clinton just took credit for it to increase his popularity polls. As for government spending? Erm...didnt the Democrat led Congress just pass a pay raise for themselves? And how many Americans will go hungry while some Dem like Ted Kennedy sits around eating $1000 meals? If anything..Congress needs a decrease in pay.

quote]Many people here believe the media when they frame stories to make it appear that islam is fundamentally opposed to western ideals[/quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by
: Actually..it is..since Christianity comprises a vast majority of the populace of the West, Isalm is opposed to it..just like Christians are opposed to Buddists, and Buddists are opposed to Judeoism, etc..
Quote:
Originally Posted by
I rest my case...
Rest what case? You again are obviously not understanding simple english...the media didnt just say one day "Hey! Islam is against Christianity!" Check your history...it's had different ideals for about oh...2000 years. CNN didnt make it up or 'frame' some Islam a few years ago. This of course rests my case that liberal thinking in schools is one of America's problems. Funny thing too...so many want everyone to be equal but still insist on seperate nations..ahh..*sigh* such a huge contradiction..

As for your reply about military spending, etc..I wont even type what i *so* badly want to but will say this...and you can check your facts and see I'm right...

a. the 6 'momos' about a possible 9/11 happening? TWO were in Bush's adminstration..the other 4 were in Clintons.
b. smaller military budget = less intelligence gathering = 9/11. A better example...when Pakistan detonated their first nuke, the CIA didnt know..of course this was while Wild Bill was showing Monica his new cigar and 'the executive branch'

NASA? Ok, they have military personell..but the 'spy' satalites are put up by said military branch's spending..not NASA (ie the Navy or Air Force or CIA foots the bill) Also..their budget goes towards way more than so-called spy ware. Then again, you're probably in the crowd that thinks the lunar landings were a hoax.

Also...Veteran's Benifits?k, dont even go there..so many people in uniform have DIED so you can have the freedom to say "America sucks!" and not get shot 10 seconds later. Also a vast majority of those vets are ones that were in wars liberal presidents led us into..not Republicans. In fact..over 1/2 of the government spending you listed is to make the country run..but I guess you werent awake in HS Government class for that one eh?

Saddam Hussein, Osama bin Laden and the rest of the middle east terrorists/terrorist backers can care less of you support them..you're still an infidel, you still arent an arabic muslim or Islamic extreemist..therefore you must die..just like the rest of us 100+ million americans.

Yet, people still try to side with the enemy who could care less if some corporation is installing spyware into your compy..or some record label is suing you for DLing MP3s..

If you want to butt heads..go for it. I live for debate with book-learned people who have no clue about IRL..
..and for the record..I'm neither Dem or Rep...
CSmith_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 02:01 AM   #30
Eagleon
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 147
Eagleon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Eagleon Send a message via Yahoo to Eagleon
*usurps Shao* I am your new god! I've even got an avatar ready if I knew where I could put it reliably. *mutters*

That's why I'm flaming gourds. Who eats them?! They suck. Except dried gourds, they're okay. *goes off and shakes his gourd rattles*
Eagleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 02:09 AM   #31
Delerak
Senior Member
 
Delerak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Name: Dan
Location: New York
Posts: 706
Delerak is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Delerak Send a message via AIM to Delerak Send a message via MSN to Delerak Send a message via Yahoo to Delerak
#### your post is so long I don't know where to start, I guess at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Obviously you dont understand my statement....if we're loosing our freedoms then why do we still have the right to speak freely, etc? The only real freedoms that are getting taken away are either by liberals (@nd Amendment and First Amendment via Political Correctness and banning books because it might be offensive) or because of liberal backed organizations. E.L.F. ring a bell? Weather Underground? Also consider that the liberal politicians, mostly in nCalifornia and Arizona are committing felonies and getting away with it..but i wont get into legal issues now..
I don't think we have the right to speak freely anymore. Say something to a lot of people with an influential voice that the government doesn't like, and see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Ahh..yes..schools where history is re-written to appease some minority that has a non-profit organization with loads of cash backing it....school systems where liberal run/influenced colleges let in people with NO SAT scores that even come close to the required to enter but turn away those who busted butt, got thaty 4.0 GPA and skimped and saved for the tutition only to get turned down because for reasons I wont even discuss here out of respect for Snoozer and the intelligent regs.
No one can know if history is re-written, you read what you can and either believe it or don't. Now what minority exactly are you talking about? A minority is only a minority if they are in a certain area where their are very few like him/her. I was a minority at my high school, which was 70% black, and 30% asian, I'm white. I don't get what you are trying to say though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by
b. smaller military budget = less intelligence gathering = 9/11. A better example...when Pakistan detonated their first nuke, the CIA didnt know..of course this was while Wild Bill was showing Monica his new cigar and 'the executive branch'
Not if Bush did know about 9/11, or had information on it beforehand. No way you or I can know this, but it is a possibility. Maybe he wanted it to happen, so he can have a reason for war, you must remember, politicans are rich, and rich people love war, it makes them richer, and makes the common man poorer because he has to bleed on the battlefield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Saddam Hussein, Osama bin Laden and the rest of the middle east terrorists/terrorist backers can care less of you support them..you're still an infidel, you still arent an arabic muslim or Islamic extreemist..therefore you must die..just like the rest of us 100+ million americans.
How do you know that? No one knows what goes through the mind of another human being. Saddam Hussein didn't start the war, and there is still no nukes found in Iraq, which was the whole point of starting the war if I remember what I saw on the news, which can't be trusted anyway. Saddam Hussein also challanged Bush to a live debate on television, Bush was afraid. Of what? A bombing? Wonderful, america's leader isn't just an idiot he is also a coward. I think we all knew that though, or else he would be in Iraq fighting. The only thing you or anyone else knows about those two men are what you've seen and heard on television, so don't judge them. All I've got to say to that.
Delerak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 02:39 AM   #32
CSmith_Fan
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Michigan
Posts: 90
CSmith_Fan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to CSmith_Fan
were to begin myself......

ok if Saddam didnt want Americans dead, then why did he not only call us 'Dogs of satan" and "The Great Satan" AND call for jihad on us on Iraqi TV? BTW..this was after he invaded Kuwait...Also how any terrorist groups PRIOR to 9/11 have said "Death to America"? Umm..gee...lets see..Hamaas, the PLO, ****te Extremists...anyone else want to add some more terrorists networks?

Ok, if there is  lost free speach then why is there an internet? Why is there protests? Free speach means that..free. Non-free speach (which is what anti-US government home growns susch as yourself) refere to can be shown in the Stalinist era of Russia. Say "the government sucks" and hello gulag. Dont see that here. If we did then there wouldnt be two political parties. Guess my statement was right..people do take freedom for granted. Go to some dictatorship that isnt some so-called 'US puppet regiem" and see how quickly you loose things you take for granted here every day. Now if I'm reading your reply right :
Quote:
Originally Posted by
I don't think we have the right to speak freely anymore.  Say something to a lot of people with an influential voice that the government doesn't like, and see what happens.
I know you're not talking about the radical anarchist types because if so..the the moment they toss one molitiov, they loose the Right to Peacefully Assemble and Protest. If you mean people who illegally tresspass onto private property, then they break the law by tresspassing. If they tell some cop they dont recognize the laws of 'your facist government', then I firmly believe they should loose all rights because 99% of our laws are based on the Constitution and Bill of Rights. If you dont believe in American laws then you dont believe in Miranda Rights,  you allow police brutality, etc..you loose all rights. Simple as that.


As for the minorties-schools bit..I'll tackle each at the same time, First...where's Irish/Chinese/Hispanic/German/Native American Appreciation month or even week in schools? There isnt. Also..since when does a lazy person with a 1.2 GPA who cant even write a single essay (no..not you) have more right to get into a college than someone who busted tail, got a 4.0 GPA, volunteered for various social services and still cant get into college because of race? No not me..but some colleges do that here in the good old US....and it's not right. History gets rewritten and changed to appease the populace by virtue of PC-ness. From history about Native Americans and Early settlers (still think Thanksgiving was like we've all been told? try the pilgrims nearly died and one person resorted to cannibalism. The indians felt pity for them and gave them just enough to survive..not the Hallmark Moment PC crap we've been fed for years)


Bush and 9/11 - Who cars of Bush knew? If Clinton knew, why didnt HE do something about it? Oh yea..he did..he cut military spending, and ignored the problem. Like that worked for the whole Castro/Cuba problem. Funny..even Ari Flichser (sp) said  to "give it a rest" about WMDs..if you thinks that's the only reason why we went there think again. Iraq backed terrorists, causeed inhuman suffering that the US has yet to equal (unless you consider Nagaski and Hiroshima).or were the mass graves, the videos of people getting beaten in prison because they spoke against the government (which btw...this country doesnt do to it's citizens. In fact prisoners have it better than most middle class, 'bust ass for a living' citizens..gyms, cable tv, internet, 3 hots and a cot, free education even at college level...) and the fact Saddam used nerve agents on bedouins not really there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by
and makes the common man poorer because he has to bleed on the battlefield.
Yes..the same man (or woman) who swore an oath to Protect and Defend the Constitution of the UInited States, against all enemies, foriegn and domestic..to die for the freedoms you take for granted each day and complain you dont have (because so many people are blind...as in 'anyone who complains they have no freedoms in this country&#39

Show me, REAL proof that we've become a regiem like Stalin or Hitler had and I'll concede....which you cant do.

( I edited some typoes..sorry...it's almost 1:30am here.)
CSmith_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 02:43 AM   #33
CSmith_Fan
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Michigan
Posts: 90
CSmith_Fan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to CSmith_Fan
Oh yea..almost forgot....


1. Sorry my initial post is long..i get caught up sometimes.

2. If anyone is thinking of doing some 2nd Grade "You suck because I'm KeWlLer than Ya!" type of post (or the kind where 98% is nothing but ####'s, then dont reply..this is not a childish argument but a debate...the Kid's Flmes Section is over by Shao Long.
CSmith_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 03:06 AM   #34
Delerak
Senior Member
 
Delerak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Name: Dan
Location: New York
Posts: 706
Delerak is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Delerak Send a message via AIM to Delerak Send a message via MSN to Delerak Send a message via Yahoo to Delerak
I'll get back into this tomorrow morning, I need sleep first. And I never said we're a dictatorship, where did that come from? Anyways, until tomorrow...

-Delerak
Delerak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 04:38 AM   #35
Lanthum
Member
 
Lanthum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Suburbs of Chicago
Posts: 138
Lanthum is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Lanthum
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Delerak @ Sep. 13 2003,01<!--emo&[img
http://www.topmudsites.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wow.gif[/img])]I'll get back into this tomorrow morning, I need sleep first.
Yes, and when you respond, please make sure to respond to what I wrote more than refering to a typo I made (calling Europe a country instead of a continent - right after refering to all the countries in Europe).

I would really like to hear how you think comparing all European and American involvement in wars in the last 300 years makes sense, when most of the European countries have been around far longer than the USA.  Not that comparing makes sense at all - but if you are going to try to prove your stance of "Big Bad Ole USA" by way of comparison, then please at least compare each countries war involvement when they were "baby" countries like the US is.

IE:  How many wars was the Czech Rep, Russia, Germany, France, Yugoslavia, or England involved in during their first 300 years, and for what reasons?  I think you will find our reasons seem a little less barbaric.

After all ...  this shouldn't come down to a comparison of countries - but should be more based on an examination of why the US got into confrontations and if the country has largely achieved it's stated goals for those confrontations.  Because, like it or not - if the US is making the world a safer place overall one small war at a time, then it is accomplishing some of what it set out to do even if you don't agree with it.  Even if there are other hidden agendas as well!
Lanthum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 04:56 PM   #36
Delerak
Senior Member
 
Delerak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Name: Dan
Location: New York
Posts: 706
Delerak is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Delerak Send a message via AIM to Delerak Send a message via MSN to Delerak Send a message via Yahoo to Delerak
Simple fact is Lanthum, you can't compare the wars of those countries in their beginning, it was a differnt time, a different Age, and a completely different situation then the present, and just because those countries are older means nothing, America needs to take responsible for it's wars. And it doesn't seem to want to, or the Presidents don't want to, they cover it up with words like equality and the war on terror. Bull**** I say, I don't think their has been a truly noble cause in a war for centuries. With the exception of the Revolutionary War, and possibly the Civil, but the Civil War was decided before it began, the North was destined to win. Either way, if you are going to tell me I can't compare America to the other countries in Europe, then give me a good reason why, not some stupid age theory that has no backbone.

-Delerak
Delerak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 07:29 PM   #37
Lanthum
Member
 
Lanthum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Suburbs of Chicago
Posts: 138
Lanthum is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Lanthum
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Delerak @ Sep. 13 2003,14:56)
Simple fact is Lanthum, you can't compare the wars of those countries in their beginning, it was a differnt time, a different Age, and a completely different situation then the present, and just because those countries are older means nothing, America needs to take responsible for it's wars.  And it doesn't seem to want to, or the Presidents don't want to, they cover it up with words like equality and the war on terror.  Bull**** I say, I don't think their has been a truly noble cause in a war for centuries.  With the exception of the Revolutionary War, and possibly the Civil, but the Civil War was decided before it began, the North was destined to win.  Either way, if you are going to tell me I can't compare America to the other countries in Europe, then give me a good reason why, not some stupid age theory that has no backbone.

-Delerak
Delerak, please don't sit there and try to tell me what is stupid and ridiculous.  Listening to you change the basis for your agrument is weak and has no backbone to me ...

Your entire argument is based on comparison.  I will assume that your education has included Math, Writing and Science, all of which tells us that to compare two or more things, they have to share some common quality or otherwise your argument is mute.  Some factor has to be the same, time frame for the country (IE "age" of the country), reasons for the wars, people, or conditions, or you can't compare these two countries (groups of countries).

Obviously the people aren't the same, the conditions aren't the same (some wars some countries were involved in, others weren't), reasons weren't the same, etc. etc.  So what I was trying do (and you failed to understand) was somehow put this ridiculous comparison on equal grounds so it could make sense!  As I said before, I have no idea why you would want to continue proving your BIG BAD OLE USA theory by comparison.  But if you must - then at least choose something to compare!

As for a weak argument, to me, comparing on the basis of "Age" of the country makes the most sense.  When a country is new, it will almost always be involved in more wars as it tries to assert itself and make a name for itself.  If you don't think so - why don't you compare the Eurpean countries, Russia, China, Africa, and the USA during their infancy as countries.  You'll see what I mean.  Oh wait, that's right - you're majoring in history and you already know this!

And that's why you don't want to compare it like that.  Because as such - you have already lost the debate about The BIG BAD Ole USA vs. All That is Good = Europe"  I wonder, is it England you think so wonderful?  Might explain a few things ....
Lanthum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 08:01 PM   #38
Delerak
Senior Member
 
Delerak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Name: Dan
Location: New York
Posts: 706
Delerak is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Delerak Send a message via AIM to Delerak Send a message via MSN to Delerak Send a message via Yahoo to Delerak
Your just a flaming idiot now. I never said what you are claiming I did. My whole arguement is based on America's involvement in stupid wars, compared to Europe's countries since the founding of America. Where did I say that this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by
And that's why you don't want to compare it like that. Because as such - you have already lost the debate about The BIG BAD Ole USA vs. All That is Good = Europe" I wonder, is it England you think so wonderful? Might explain a few things ....
No where. How can comparing America, circa 1776 via the declaration of independance to lets say, to make you happy, these three countries in Europe: Germany, France, and Spain. Any of these, which have been around as countries for over a millenia.



Tacitus, an important Roman historian, wrote the most detailed early description of the Germans at then end of the first century CE.. In doing so, be warned, he was commenting on the Rome of his own time, as much as on the German themselves.

Note that although this is most of Tacitus' text, some of the later sections are not in this text.

read more from:
http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/source/tacitus1.html

That is from Tacitus, estimated 1 CE (common era).

Peter Abelard

Dialectician, philosopher, and theologian, born 1079; died 1142. Peter Abelard (also spelled Abeillard, Abailard, etc., while the best manuscripts have Abaelardus) was born in the little village of Pallet, about ten miles east of Nantes in Brittany. His father, Berengar, was lord of the village, his mother's name was Lucia; both afterwards entered the monastic state.

read more from: http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/01036b.htm

Peter Abelard, a French philospher from a thousand years ago.

and now Spain.

THE Visigothic Code, originally in Latin, includes the laws of a number of Catholic kings who ruled Spain from 586 to 71 1. Reccared (586-601), the first Visigothic King to become a Catholic, was also the first king to pursue an active anti-Jewish policy. Some of his successors in the seventh century went farther and allowed the Jews only the alternatives of baptism or exile. Many Jews thus became unwilling converts and secretly practiced Judaism. These were the "Judaizing Christians." In order to stamp out this secret Judaism some kings resorted to most drastic punishments. These actions were prompted both by religious bigotry and the desire for a standardized Catholicism of all citizens. In addition the prospect of gain through confiscation of Jewish property probably lured some of them. Fortunately for the Jews this legislation was not always carried into effect, for the royal authority met with opposition in many parts of Spain.

http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/jewis...sigothic1.html

What do those tidbits of history have to do with it? Everything, trying to compare the war-history of germany, france, or spain to america when THEY were founded is nearly impossible, and not nearly as logical because they were completely different in that time period those many ages ago, when America was founded France, Spain and Germany were all in the same period, they are far more comparable in the 18th, 19th and 20th century because of better history records; we know a lot more nowadays about the middle-ages and maybe that is a comparable source, but Lanthum you think comparing America in it's 3 centuries of war to Germany, Frances, or Spains, estimated 3 HUNDRED centuries of war? Moronic!

-Delerak
Delerak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 09:03 PM   #39
CSmith_Fan
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Michigan
Posts: 90
CSmith_Fan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to CSmith_Fan
Well first off...if we're going to get nitpicky then I have to amned myself as I ask not to include the Korean War because the US didnt go as The US but as part of the UN. Yes we were involved, yes, we consider it one of our nation's 'wars' but it was a UN Police Action per the United Nations.

Next up..CE? Common Era? By what timeline are you refering to? AD or BC is the standard timeframe references. Must be some of that so called 'liberalized education' but anyhoo..going back to part of our discussion Delerak, know all this 'loosing your freedoms?" Well, the Partiot Act is that..an act..not a law. It still had to be voted on by congress and approved by the supreme court to be enacted against citizens. They didnt, and the Dems have the majority. In fact, many of the modern laws and lawsuits are being backed or created by liberals here in the US. From RIAA lawsuits of 12yr old kids (but still not ONE lawsuit against some 30yr old guy in BFE USA who copied 1000s of casset tapes from his dual cassett deck which btw..predates file swapping but falls under that 'copyright violations' umbrella) I think your roman example, Tacitus gave the perfect comment for this situation...The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws. [
Tacitus (A.D. 55?-130?)


People whining that the captured Al-quedda prisoners were not given fair trials in a civilian court are brain dead. A week after 9/11 Congress gave it's approval for a war on terrorism, ergo a terrorist now falls under POW status and does not need a civilian court. Of course, there is a Catch-22..the Geneva Conventions do not recognize terrorists as soliders. Still...terrorists always strike a first blow and could care less if you are military form Country A or B because if you follow thier ideals, you're a martyr, if you dont you are a threat anyways and must be eliminated. This is the mindset of a terrorist.

Now mind you..yes I bash the liberals in most of my posts. Probably because they try to cover their screwups and make themselves look the victim, but the COnsertives have also screwed up alot. Just sided with Bush because simply I'm just irritated at all the finger pointing and no one taking responsibility for their own actions (like giving illegal aliens welfare, medicade, food stamps, driver's licences, etc..which amounts to several fraud, and felony charges yet not one senator or congressman or governor has been arrested by the US Marshals. Why? Easy...3 words..'special interest groups&#39

Also, in a prior post, I just used Hitler and Stalin as modern examples of people who's governments had very little if no freedoms for it's populace..and since you said we had no freedom....
CSmith_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 09:46 PM   #40
Delerak
Senior Member
 
Delerak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Name: Dan
Location: New York
Posts: 706
Delerak is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Delerak Send a message via AIM to Delerak Send a message via MSN to Delerak Send a message via Yahoo to Delerak
I never said America had no freedom. Freedom can be defined in many ways. The Freedom we do have I am grateful for. You can do whatever you want in the career industry here in America, it's great. But you can also get tired with the bull**** in America. Sometimes people don't need freedom, most people are happy with having food, clothing, shelter and a passtime. I am. And some aren't. That's why America is the way it is, too many greedy people, especially our leaders (politicians).

-Delerak
Delerak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools


[Flames] - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Flames, and what they are doing. Kinnith Tavern of the Blue Hand 0 06-09-2005 01:53 PM
Another Attempt to shout over the Flames Jeena Tavern of the Blue Hand 33 05-31-2005 10:00 PM
Tired of the Flames?  Here's a webcomic. Ilkidarios Tavern of the Blue Hand 0 05-09-2005 07:12 PM
Adventures Unlimited - Flames Ytrewtsu Advertising for Players 3 09-16-2004 12:21 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Style based on a design by Essilor
Copyright Top Mud Sites.com 2014