Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Old 05-13-2002, 09:53 PM   #1
Orion Elder

Orion Elder is on a distinguished road
Recently both Dulan and Kyandra posted completely pointless polls. One was asking if you understand KaVir's poll (what's not to understand... it's in plain english), the other is Dulan making fun of Kyandra's poll. These are completely pointless, and they do nothing but waste server and recent forum discussion space. I do not want to see posts like that again. If you want to make fun of each other, take it elsewhere.

If you have serious posts with an intent other than to bolster your flaming/spamming standpoint, feel free. If not, sit down, shut up, and come along for the ride.
Orion Elder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 10:07 PM   #2
Xanferious

Xanferious is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Xanferious
argh, as sick as this makes me feel *I* agree with OE, I thought all this flaming was over with, but Some people just like to beat the dead horse over and over and wont get it through there think heads that its over, but they keep trolling on with hopes of starting this childish behavior over again. Why cant they just grow up. IM starting to think OE should be allowed to issue temporary bans from tavern, Its just sad that some people are holding grudges or cant get it through there heads that no one likes pointless threads, I never made a pointless thread atleast.
Xanferious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 08:58 AM   #3
Shao_Long

Shao_Long is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Shao_Long Send a message via MSN to Shao_Long
well,tell me please,what was the point of KaVir's poll ?
isnt its your behated meaningless spam ?
I think its the same as to ask 'do you like TMS or no?'
Shao_Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 09:02 AM   #4
Seth

Seth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Seth Send a message via MSN to Seth
The point of KaVir's poll is to true and act like a big guy under Orion's protection. It's evident that KaVir, Orion, Dulan and the like (who who consider themselves elitist) are quite far up eachother's ass. So basically KaVir can do anything with Orion in charge here.

This is why MUDs suck. Elitism. The entire "I'm holier then thou" principle sucks donkey schlong.
Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 09:08 AM   #5
Shao_Long

Shao_Long is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Shao_Long Send a message via MSN to Shao_Long
that's really bad,oh yea...but its not everywhere,thank gods for that !

and,I'd say we need a neutral mod here..The one who'll wont be on any side..
Shao_Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 09:12 AM   #6
Seth

*cough* Serrina *sneeze*
Old 05-14-2002, 09:32 AM   #7
KaVir
Legend

Name: Richard
Home MUD: God Wars II
KaVir will become famous soon enoughKaVir will become famous soon enough
The point, Shao_Long, was to provide the same answers you claimed to be asking for in your "The people or the info" poll - except without the implication that the "community" are the people who want to talk about non-mud-related issues.

And as for you Seth, I see you've still not kept your word about leaving, which is unfortunate.  However I do find your use of "elitist" amusing - you have come here and spammed the boards with completely off-topic posts, after being repeatedly asked not to.  You've made racist remarks, you've thrown wild accusations against muds, you've repeatedly insulted the administration and flamed other regular posters - yet when we ask you to stop, it is us who are "elitist"?  Your problem, Seth, which is something I had suspected after the whole RoD situation, is that you've got a God-complex - but nowhere to play God.  Now normally I'd say that's for the best - an ego like yours is not well suited to running a mud - but in this case you're disrupting the forums for all of us.  So if you don't like having to follow rules, perhaps you should create your own forums, or your own mud?  But if you're going to abide here (or anywhere for that matter) you need to understand that online communities (like real communities) expect you to follow certain standards.  If you're not willing to follow those standards, you should leave - and if you're just going to rebel against standards for the sake of being a rebel, you're going to get flamed (and eventually banned) no matter where you go.  So, yet again, I ask you to PLEASE try and show some consideration.
KaVir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 10:09 AM   #8
nass

nass is on a distinguished road
... I wouldn't put up with crap like this.
nass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 12:58 PM   #9
Seth

KaVir, face it. The only reason you don't like Shao_long, Xan, Likita or me is because we don't fall in your little clique of people you like. You are as Xenophobic and close minded as the nazis, rejecting and relentlessly attacking anything that doesn't belong to the group of people you have chosen to like or the people that are in that clique of yours. This is very clearly an example of elitism.

This would explain your obvious hatred to me which is uncalled for to start with. A few weeks ago, people rejected the idea of spamming. I noticed it and I stopped spamming. A week later, people noticed that there were some of us who were still around and who still didn't fit in the group of people you'd like. Immediatly, you and your fellow groupies started to literally harass Xan, Shao, Likita and myself, merely because we aren't part of your elitist group of MUD admins. I am willing to bet allot of money that if Dulan came running in here with the same attitude as me, you guys would laugh. Maybe you'd frown IRL, but you'd fake amusement online because he is generally accepted in your little clique.

The same thing happened to me on RoD. I refused to conform to the standards, because I am an individual, not a random sheep. The clique rejected me and sucked up their way into banning me. Pretty much the same thing that's happening here, hence why I all offensive and racistic. I'm going to get banned by you suckups anyways, wether I act nice or not. Why even bother to do that then, hmm?

Apologizing won't help. Showing consideration won't help either, nothing would help. I know your kind, always having this infantile hatred inside simply because I'm not one of your clique. You hate me because of that. You resent me because I do not belong in your ideology of MUD admins. You loath me for being an individual. Thinking about that, about you and about others here who feel the same toward me and several others, I can't help to feel nothing but pity.
Old 05-14-2002, 01:28 PM   #10
Darrik

Darrik is on a distinguished road
Just to differ to Seth's opinion, Dulan, Orion, and KaVir do NOT always agree... even in the slightest.  Try reading some of the old legal threads.  So your elitest point is... well... not a point.  [Edit] Ahm, how did this thread start again? Orion calling down Dulan for a flame?

Also, I readily agree with anyone who doesn't like spammers.  After going through the posts a bit, I see Shao... who responds to anything, but does ( sometimes ) have valid points... but never spams and rarely insults.  I see Likita, who I actually agree with, in that she starts and talks on pointless threads in a bar... have you had many discussions in a bar? There aren't many that aren't pointless.  -Edit Ah, I think Likita thought I was talking about her after this, which is directed at Seth - Seth, you do make several valid points on the forums I read.  However, on a lot of other threads in which you don't have any valid points, you're posts tend to revolve around insulting someone or another somewhere.  This is far different from the ignorant spammer Shao is, or the *bleeeeep* Edit - This has been changed to faultless due to a misunderstanding on Likita's part over the entire point of this post /Edit- faultless spammer Likita is.

Darrik Vequir
Darrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 01:34 PM   #11
Orion Elder

Orion Elder is on a distinguished road
Nah. We just don't like spamming, racist, sexist, nationalist, elitist, delusional, jackass twits. Your posts are generally off-topic, you post pointless threads, you make racist comments toward other members, you make sexist comments insulting most women, you insult whole nationalities... we don't really need another reason not to like you. You give us plenty as it is.

As for if Dulan did it. I've made my opinion of Dulan's actions clear to him privately and also publicly in my deletion of his pointless posts/threads just as I did yours. Sorry, but your beliefs are unfounded... you're just a poor, pathetic, sad excuse for a human being that feels as though he's been wronged and thus the whole world must know about it. Seth, this is your final warning. If you want to discuss the issues here, fine. If you just want to insult the other posters, go away.

Now, if you have any more issues take it to the flame thread. If it's on the subject of Irrelevant and Pointless Threads, leave it here. Period.
Orion Elder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 01:47 PM   #12
Synozeer

Synozeer is on a distinguished road
Seth's posting privledges have been removed for the time being. The reasons: I specifically said no more racist remarks and Seth is contributing nothing to the forum except negative posts and flames.

-Synozeer
Synozeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 02:18 PM   #13
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 02:21 PM   #14
Synozeer

Synozeer is on a distinguished road
I've also set the forums so that all new accounts must be validated by me before they get posting privledges. This is to stop certain peoples from creating multiple accounts.

I'm also considering removing the ability for users to start polls. I'll have a decision on that later this week.

-Synozeer
Synozeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 03:08 PM   #15
nass

nass is on a distinguished road
Good call Synozeer
nass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 04:25 PM   #16
KaVir
Legend

Name: Richard
Home MUD: God Wars II
KaVir will become famous soon enoughKaVir will become famous soon enough
Thanks, Synozeer. Hopefully we can all try to get back to some decent mud-related discussions now. Seth has killed the thread with anyway.
KaVir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 02:36 AM   #17
Dulan

Dulan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Dulan
See Mud Universe thread.

-D
Dulan is offline   Reply With Quote

Irrelevant and Pointless Threads - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Turning Reviews Into Threads GenmaC Bugs and Suggestions 22 07-08-2002 09:55 AM