|07-05-2005, 02:39 AM||#1|
Join Date: Jun 2005
Within the ancient town of Thera, the first official in-game library (The Lucretian Athenaeum) has been unveiled today in Achaea!
This public library showcases a long-awaited archival system which players and organisations can purchase for private use in their guildhalls, House estates, city archives, Order temples, and personal homes.
This addition to Achaea is a response to countless player requests for a more sophisticated way to collect game lore, histories, and their own writings. Private libraries are purchased completely for in-game gold.
The interface for normal library patrons is simple. From the HELP LIBRARY file:
Borrowers: to use a Library
- Go to the location of the library.
- View each bookshelf (with PROBE or LIBRARY STATUS).
- GET <book> FROM <bookshelf> - to check it out.
- PUT <book> IN <bookshelf> - to return it. Alternatively, you may use
LIBRARY CHECKIN <book> (which works from anywhere)
For the library owner:
Library Owners - Setting up a Library
- To designate a librarian, use LIBRARY LIBRARIAN <who>.
- To add books to a library, simply put them into a library bookshelf.
- To remove books from circulation, just take them out of the bookshelf.
- To check the contents of your library, or to open or close it, use the
LIBRARY STATUS [OPEN|CLOSE] command.
- To control access to the library, set up groups (see below).
- To take the collected fees out of the library: LIBRARY WITHDRAW <amount>.
...and more. Click the link to the help file above if you're interested in more detail!
The elegant Lucretian Athenaeum itself has dozens of manuscripts that any player can check out for free, containing the Mythos of Achaea, The History of the Mortal Races, and even winning player-written works from our beloved monthly Bardic contests.
|New Library System in Achaea! - Similar Threads|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Coding Contest: Mud String Library||Kyndig||MUD Announcements||2||06-23-2006 04:05 PM|
|Stats System||darmir||Advanced MUD Concepts||14||03-10-2006 06:17 PM|
|What driver/library combo ?||Antaeus||MUD Administration||2||11-24-2005 04:49 PM|
|Combat system||Blade||MUD Coding||3||11-07-2003 09:03 PM|
|system calls||Emit||MUD Coding||5||07-21-2002 09:44 AM|