Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2005, 03:02 PM   #61
Elof_X
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 8
Elof_X is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Yui Unifex @ Mar. 22 2005,15:59)
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Elof_X @ Mar. 22 2005,15:55)
Valg:
Yui ... are a lot more mature about being critical to boot.

Elof_X:
If you've read all his posts here in this thread, one might say this is hardly accurate. People who cannot counter topics productively with level-headed arguments and must instead lash out bitterly and quickly with excessive sarcastic and self-righteous claims are hardly deserving of the word "mature."
So back up your claims and quote the topic have I not countered productively and with a level-headed argument.  I should note that that someone calling me names will never get a dignified response in return.
Sure thing. How about this one you wrote on page 5? Very necessary for sure.

Quote (Threshold @ foo)
Great logic there, trolls.

Great reading comprehension, moron.[quote]
Elof_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 03:15 PM   #62
Yui Unifex
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 323
Yui Unifex is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Yui Unifex Send a message via AIM to Yui Unifex
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Elof_X @ Mar. 22 2005,16:02)
Yui Unifex:So back up your claims and quote the topic have I not countered productively and with a level-headed argument. I should note that that someone calling me names will never get a dignified response in return.

Elof_X:
Sure thing. How about this one you wrote on page 5? Very necessary for sure.

Quote (Threshold @ foo)
Great logic there, trolls.

Great reading comprehension, moron.
So let me get this straight: The topic that I didn't respond to productively and with a level-headed argument was an allegation of trolling that itself was neither productive nor level-headed.

And here I was worried that someone had a legitimate point that I'd responded to in an illegitimate manner. Threshold's legitimate (although terribly misconceived) points had perfectly "productive and level-headed" responses.
Yui Unifex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 05:19 PM   #63
Elof_X
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 8
Elof_X is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Yui Unifex @ Mar. 22 2005,15:59)
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Elof_X @ Mar. 22 2005,15:55)
Valg:
Yui ... are a lot more mature about being critical to boot.

Elof_X:
If you've read all his posts here in this thread, one might say this is hardly accurate. People who cannot counter topics productively with level-headed arguments and must instead lash out bitterly and quickly with excessive sarcastic and self-righteous claims are hardly deserving of the word "mature."
So back up your claims and quote the topic have I not countered productively and with a level-headed argument.  I should note that that someone calling me names will never get a dignified response in return.
If you argue that anyone who decides to supplement their ideas with name-calling should not be responded to with dignity, then you don't deserve dignified or courteous responses yourself.
Elof_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 06:01 PM   #64
Yui Unifex
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 323
Yui Unifex is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Yui Unifex Send a message via AIM to Yui Unifex
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Elof_X @ foo)
If you argue that anyone who decides to supplement their ideas with name-calling should not be responded to with dignity, then you don't deserve dignified or courteous responses yourself.
Can you read? I spelled it out for you: Legitimate points deem legitimate responses. No I don't care if you respond to "Yo Momma" with another "Yo Momma". I do care that you respond to the other points without that sort of idiocy. If you're such a whiner that you can't ignore a retaliatory insult in the midst of a valid argument, especially when that insult is not used to justify any claims, then that's fine, I don't care about your opinion anyway.
Yui Unifex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 07:40 PM   #65
Elof_X
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 8
Elof_X is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Yui Unifex @ Mar. 22 2005,19:01)
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Elof_X @ foo)
If you argue that anyone who decides to supplement their ideas with name-calling should not be responded to with dignity, then you don't deserve dignified or courteous responses yourself.
Can you read?  I spelled it out for you: Legitimate points deem legitimate responses.  No I don't care if you respond to "Yo Momma" with another "Yo Momma".  I do care that you respond to the other points without that sort of idiocy.  If you're such a whiner that you can't ignore a retaliatory insult in the midst of a valid argument, especially when that insult is not used to justify any claims, then that's fine, I don't care about your opinion anyway.
Your post has justified my case yet again. It already contains multiple examples of rude retorts. Plus the fact that you stated that your "retaliatory insult in the midst of a valid argument...is not used to justify any claims" is laughable because it further rests my case.

It is your attitude, approach, and serious lack of respect that makes for the immaturity your tone provides to the rest of the posters. Your lack of tact is highly detrimental to the arguments you are trying to arrange merely because you lack the basic finesse required to say things decently regardless of the point you are trying to make.

So don't be so brash. Stop being so directly insulting and maybe you'll get people more likely to listen to what you have to say. You do yourself more harm than help. If you're going to remain self-righteous with the way you talk, then you're going to continue being the one presenting himself in a bad light, not moi.

People who are arrogant enough to be so inconsiderate disgust me. I'm glad I never have to work with anybody who talks like this.
Elof_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 08:17 PM   #66
Yui Unifex
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 323
Yui Unifex is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Yui Unifex Send a message via AIM to Yui Unifex
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Elof_X @ foo)
Your lack of tact is highly detrimental to the arguments you are trying to arrange merely because you lack the basic finesse required to say things decently regardless of the point you are trying to make.
Sorry, but facts don't stop being true just because you include a sarcastic remark when conveying them. I could care less if you don't like my style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Elof_X @ foo)
So don't be so brash. Stop being so directly insulting and maybe you'll get people more likely to listen to what you have to say.
So is this why you and Threshold don't read my posts and draw baseless conclusions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Elof_X @ foo)
People who are arrogant enough to be so inconsiderate disgust me.
Oh... boo hoo . I hope you get eaten by a dinosaur.
Yui Unifex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 08:46 PM   #67
TheTrollCop
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 13
TheTrollCop is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by
More player testimonials:

"Clementius is so awesome! We asked for furniture and bam! It's in!"

"Your furniture system is just another thing that makes me know I made the right choose[sic] spending my time in AChaea."

--matt
Didn't you cause some problems on these forums in the past because of blatant false quotes? Something about a specific celebrity who turned out to be your cousin?
TheTrollCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 09:09 PM   #68
Elof_X
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 8
Elof_X is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Yui Unifex @ Mar. 22 2005,21:17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Elof_X @ foo)
Your lack of tact is highly detrimental to the arguments you are trying to arrange merely because you lack the basic finesse required to say things decently regardless of the point you are trying to make.
Sorry, but facts don't stop being true just because you include a sarcastic remark when conveying them.  I could care less if you don't like my style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Elof_X @ foo)
So don't be so brash. Stop being so directly insulting and maybe you'll get people more likely to listen to what you have to say.
So is this why you and Threshold don't read my posts and draw baseless conclusions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Elof_X @ foo)
People who are arrogant enough to be so inconsiderate disgust me.
Oh... boo hoo .  I hope you get eaten by a dinosaur.
You should be ashamed of yourself. Look at how you behave! Your people skills are terrible. How can you possibly progress in society today with such a nasty demeanor?
Elof_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 09:18 PM   #69
Yui Unifex
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 323
Yui Unifex is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Yui Unifex Send a message via AIM to Yui Unifex
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Elof_X @ Mar. 22 2005,22:09)
How can you possibly progress in society today with such a nasty demeanor?
I often wonder that myself. Fortunately my clients have never brought up the touchy subject of interior decorating in multiplayer games, and thus have not yet felt my righteous wrath.

I'm honestly a nice guy, even if I have a habit of feeding whiners to my pack of hungry velociraptors.
Yui Unifex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 09:28 PM   #70
Elof_X
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 8
Elof_X is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Yui Unifex @ Mar. 22 2005,22:18)
I'm honestly a nice guy, even if I have a habit of feeding whiners to my pack of hungry velociraptors.
Oh really? Well then I am too, albeit I'm a girl. Just trying to be helpful by critiquing your approach here. Can't say that taking the time out to sincerely help with these things -isn't- a kind deed, eh?
Elof_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 09:45 PM   #71
Yui Unifex
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 323
Yui Unifex is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Yui Unifex Send a message via AIM to Yui Unifex
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Elof_X @ Mar. 22 2005,22:28)
Just trying to be helpful by critiquing your approach here. Can't say that taking the time out to sincerely help with these things -isn't- a kind deed, eh? ;)
That's fine =). I do admit, I do get carried away. However I just can't bring myself to be completely mature in a thread about furniture. It's just too silly.
Yui Unifex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 09:50 PM   #72
Ilkidarios
Senior Member
 
Ilkidarios's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Name: Lamont
Location: Tallahassee, Florida
Posts: 436
Ilkidarios is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by (TheTrollCop @ Mar. 22 2005,04:44)
Quote:
Originally Posted by
I'm going to hazard a wild guess here and say that the identity of the OP has more to do with the responses to this thread than the actual content.
Close, but no cigar Traithe. The posts here have more to do with the rabid fanboys that are posting in this thread than with Matt himself. Threshhold and Ilkidarios in particular seemed to be overly boosting this thread and over hyping this system for whatever reason. Whether they get any benefit in game, or Threshold has some deal based upon the old engine, who knows, and who cares. Rampant fanboyism almost always leads to attacks on the opposite end of the spectrum.

The only thing Matt has really done in this thread is encourage flames by posting "quotes" as he calls them. Whether they're truly from players, or utter jargon just made up as part of his "push the post up" campaign, I don't know, and again, I don't care. Just thought I'd bring these things to light for those that can't seem to see the reason behind the amount of posts in this thread.
I never hyped the thread. My first post was a question about when he decided to put furniture in, and the second was a joke about furniture gifts. I haven't really posted that much in this thread.
Ilkidarios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 09:55 PM   #73
Ilkidarios
Senior Member
 
Ilkidarios's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Name: Lamont
Location: Tallahassee, Florida
Posts: 436
Ilkidarios is on a distinguished road
You guys really are just at the boiling point of an all out flame-war aren't you? Remember when I posted that single post "Achaea Sucks" in the hopes of starting one and it sparked about ten pages of dialogue? Yeah, we even get in flame wars about mundane things. Such as, I don't know, chairs?
Ilkidarios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 10:01 PM   #74
Jazuela
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: New England
Posts: 843
Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
Alright boys and girls, I'm starting to sense a kodak moment coming. The love and warmth exuding from the text is starting to sicken me. WE CANNOT HAVE THIS HAPPEN!

And so to refuel the fire, I submit the following:

Matt's furniture is ugly, Matt is color-blind, and you are all paying for his obvious inferior decorating skills. I mean c'mon people - MAPLE dresser with GREEN painted walls? That's just so..declasse.

SUCKERS
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 10:54 PM   #75
pwyll
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 10
pwyll is on a distinguished road
1-->
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Jazuela @ Mar. 22 2005,23[img
http://www.topmudsites.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wow.gif[/img]1)]Alright boys and girls, I'm starting to sense a kodak moment coming. The love and warmth exuding from the text is starting to sicken me. WE CANNOT HAVE THIS HAPPEN!

And so to refuel the fire, I submit the following:

Matt's furniture is ugly, Matt is color-blind, and you are all paying for his obvious inferior decorating skills. I mean c'mon people - MAPLE dresser with GREEN painted walls? That's just so..declasse.

SUCKERS
Exactly! The topic had almost reached the bottom of the list and I just wondered...could a post satirizing the usual longwinded conversations about IP and IRE being money grubbing bastards create a prolonged discussion about something picayune as furniture.

Indeed it can.
pwyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 01:52 AM   #76
Juganothion
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 14
Juganothion is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Juganothion
Quote:
Originally Posted by
There is nothing intrinsically wrong with being negative, especially when the situation calls for it. Yes it would be nice if we could all sit around on comfy ruby-encrusted cushions, sipping tea and patting ourselves on the back for life's little triumphs, but when you bring your circle of love to a public forum, don't be surprised when someone points out how diluted and meaningless your terms have become.
Are you just that thick? Janus is mature, unfortunately, and chooses not to argue with someone who is unwilling to talk in a manner suitable for adults.

Quote:
Originally Posted by
There is a difference between being critically constructive and being bluntly inconsiderate, o smug one.
Have you ever taken a marketing class? This is done everyday. He doesn't have to contort much of anything when the obvious is much easier.
Juganothion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 06:42 AM   #77
Yui Unifex
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 323
Yui Unifex is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Yui Unifex Send a message via AIM to Yui Unifex
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Juganothion @ foo)
Are you just that thick? Janus is mature, unfortunately, and chooses not to argue with someone who is unwilling to talk in a manner suitable for adults.
There is no argument. There is just Janus whining about my being "negative". I'm glad he's not willing to continue.

Jesus, did I offend the Imperian Pansy Guild?
Yui Unifex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 07:27 AM   #78
Threshold
Legend
 
Threshold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Posts: 1,240
Threshold will become famous soon enough
Yui Unifex, you are acting like a childish, insufferable troll.

Please, go work on something somebody cares about.
Threshold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 08:13 AM   #79
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Threshold @ Mar. 23 2005,08:27)
Please, go work on something somebody cares about.
Furniture?
Does ThresholdMurpe have furniture?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 09:21 AM   #80
Valg
Moderator
 
Valg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Home MUD: Carrion Fields
Posts: 643
Valg will become famous soon enough
Furniture?   Does ThresholdMurpe have furniture?

Impossible.  It's too difficult to implement so soon after its invention.  I know we've been unable to cross what scientists have dubbed "The Chair Barrier" and have been stuck with only technology for custom floral arrangements, jewelers. etc.  And the color-vs-flower-type technology is clearly in need of tweaking.  Pink sunflowers, my ass.

But chairs?  Inconceivable.

You say 'I'd like to order a custom flower arrangement.'
Alanna says 'Excellent! Would you like a single, bouquet, boutonniere, corsage, or circlet?'

You say 'A bouquet.  It's for Threshold.'
Alanna says 'How wonderful!  Would you like it to be white, red, blue, yellow, pink, purple, orange, black, budding, wilted, or dead?'

You say 'Ooh.  Pink.  I like pink.'
Alanna says 'A splendid choice.  Would you like it to be made of roses, poppies, orchids, sunflowers, violets, daisies, marigolds, carnations, tulips or forget-me-nots?'

You say 'No pansies?  Well, tulips then.'
Alanna smiles as she arranges a bouquet of pink tulips.
Alanna says 'There! a bouquet of pink tulips.  You may buy your order from me now, if you wish.'

buy tulips
You haggle the price down to 41 copper.
You buy a bouquet of pink tulips.
Valg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools


Furniture in Achaea! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Heraldry in Achaea! the_logos Advertising for Players 2 06-26-2004 02:04 PM
Achaea on TechTv! the_logos MUD Announcements 13 06-17-2004 07:23 AM
Achaea in Wired the_logos Advertising for Players 0 05-25-2004 08:33 PM
Any Help for Furniture Loads? Iluvatar MUD Coding 4 11-03-2003 12:28 AM
Achaea at GDC! the_logos MUD Administration 3 02-12-2003 06:24 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Style based on a design by Essilor
Copyright Top Mud Sites.com 2014