Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 01-15-2004, 04:46 PM   #1
WarHound

Home MUD: Armageddon.org
WarHound is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

That's right my friends, I'm looking for a new Mud to call home. Not just any old mud, though.

It must be:

Roleplaying required/Intensive
Little to no OOC communication (It's too jarring mid-scene)
Original World (Not required, but preferred)
No DartMud.
Decent Pbase (I hate soloing)

I'm a four-five year Mudding veteran, I've wandered from Mu* to Mu*, roleplaying, hack and slashing and generally kicking ass everywhere I went until now. I've recently hit a rut with finding a quality game, so I decided to try a H&S. After disastrous results, I have returned here to seek a Master of the Roleplaying Arts that I may tudy under.

If possible, I will learn from you. You could take me under your wing, show me the ooc details of the game world, and if things go well, I could create my character in conjunction with your own and we can hook up IC...

Really I'm just looking for a nice RPI with a decent playerbase, and possibly a RP-Mentor.

Help me out. I promise I'm much cooler in person.. *snicker*
WarHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 08:07 PM   #2
Traithe

Name: Kite
Traithe is on a distinguished road
Hey,

We're always looking for good RPers to add to the playerbase. Check out the website and submit an app if it looks interesting. The URL's in my sig below. We've also had pretty decent numbers lately; as I post this we've got 40 players online, and since we've deliberately kept the scope of our building fairly narrow they're all in a position to interact with one another pretty regularly.

Best of luck with your search.
Traithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 09:36 PM   #3
Pleos

Pleos is on a distinguished road
Try The Turning Point MUD.

telnet://mud.tp.org 9999

It meets your criteria and we've seen a number of great new players join recently that are already making a wonderful impact.

Two major events in the last week, (one taking place right now in fact), have boosted activity significantly and brought a wide variety of RP styles to the game. One was a hunt for a goblin tribe, which resulted in a new area going into the game, and one was a festival in the Eastern Lands, the Festival of the Suns.

TP MUD has Player Guides that can help new players and active Staff to walk you through the initial learning curve. And enough documentation to get your feet wet on things like concepts, cultures, roleplaying, etc.

Give it a try and we'll see you there.

Pleos, TP Imp

PS. I just read in brief your comments re: reviewing MUDs. It doesn't really bother me that a MUD turns off the right for people to review, since most reviews are slams against it. And often the slams are ignorantly posted and hugely biased. Those who administer/own MUDs can ultimately do as they please with it, since it's theirs, which includes refusing reviews. There are thousands of MUDs out there, find one you like, but if you leave one, just leave. Life isn't fair, it never will be, and it isn't in the world of MUDs either. Now, this PS may make you not try TP MUD, and so be it. But I thought it important to add this as well.
Pleos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 10:02 PM   #4
Caggles

Caggles is on a distinguished road
Just to reiterate Pleos's point. I was in your position a few months back. My previous MUD, which I loved dearly, having closed down, I searched high and low for the elusive RPI mud with PEOPLE TO RP WITH.

Lo and behold, I found TP. Decent playerbase, some absolutely stonking roleplayers - even at silly times of day - there's always at least one person on I'd class as outstanding, and up to about 15-20 I'd say give you a decent run for your money. Most of all, you can quite happily play a complete pleb, with little to no skills, and garner the same amount, if not more, good RP than the uber-buff power wombles.

I've been hooked on TP since October now, having tried upwards of thirty so-called RPIs, so still a relative newcomer, but I'm constantly astounded by the new features going in every week (and yes, I really do mean every week), new areas, and the detail that goes into making a fantasy world realistic. (I'm all about the realism ), then just when you think there's nothing going on, the imms pop down to inhabit an NPC for a while, or blast some plot your way.

This is starting to look like a review, so I'll stop now, but honestly, if you're looking for an RPI, I'd certainly stop by the Turning Point and see if it's the MUD you're after. If not, well, it happens, but you'll be another MUD closer to finding one that suits you.

-Caroline
Caggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 10:46 AM   #5
OnyxFlame

OnyxFlame is on a distinguished road
Just curious, why not DM? It can't be the mud you're ****ed at, we still allow reviews and most of them suck.
OnyxFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 01:45 PM   #6
WarHound

Home MUD: Armageddon.org
WarHound is on a distinguished road
While DM has alot of fine features, I've treid it a few times and it just isn't my cup o' tea. The NPC/PC argument stick in my craw, bad.
WarHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 06:22 PM   #7
Sanvean

Sanvean is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Sanvean
Armagedon MUD (some details at http://www.armageddon.org/intro/adpage.html) is another RPI mud. I believe we meet all of your criteria.
Sanvean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 10:54 PM   #8
OnyxFlame

OnyxFlame is on a distinguished road
Warhound: You have a point, however I'm not sure I agree with it.

What's the point in bothering to treat an NPC like a real live entity when it can't do anything except fight and spew out a few canned comments and emotes now and then? If we had AI developed to the point you could sit there chatting with an NPC about random stuff, sure I'd agree with you. But, while some of DM's NPC's are pretty advanced, they're not worth sitting there talking to or treating like a PC.

As for PC rp, yes it leaves something to be desired if you're into 4 line emotes, but that just doesn't happen to be our style. We have a lot more rp than your average clueless newbie would think, it's just that most of it takes place in castles and around people they never meet if they lose patience in the first 2 hours and quit.

Anyway you've got your preferences and I've got mine, good luck finding a mud that doesn't suck.
OnyxFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 05:55 PM   #9
April

April is on a distinguished road
I've got to add another "try out TP" punch.
I found it a few months ago, when I'd basically lost all hope in the RPing community, and couldn't be happier.
It's definitely worth a look.
April is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 07:08 AM   #10
sosaria

sosaria is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to sosaria Send a message via MSN to sosaria
I tried TP.... it still had those classes boundaries. SOI really currupted me to the core. No classes, no levels, no exp... just RP with a combat code.

I'm an innkeeper with a 3 room tavern that has a battlesword locked under my personal bed somewhere...
sosaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 07:32 AM   #11
Crystal

Name: Crystal
Home MUD: Advent of the Mists
Crystal is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Crystal
Just out of curiosity, how accurate is SoI setting-wise to LoTR?
Crystal is offline   Reply With Quote