|02-06-2003, 10:20 PM||#1|
Telnet: jointhesaga.com 1790
Space fantasy epic that's been evolving since 1998 - one long super-saga whose main plot points have been crafted by staffers and the actions of players alike.
Still going strong, and getting ready to start Arc XV: The Gate of Breath.
Quality roleplaying. Fun-loving community. The toast of Canada!
See what it's all about, and join the saga today!
|02-08-2003, 08:46 AM||#2|
Information worth knowing about OtherSpace: The Interactive SF Saga:<ul>- Original-theme space fantasy MUSH
- Telnet: jointhesaga.com 1790
- Website: http://www.jointhesaga.com
- It's not based on anyone else's books, but is the only MU* known to have spawned its own books (four, at last count) for sale both in trade paperback through iUniverse.com and Amazon.com and in PDF format at http://www.jointhesaga.com
- Created by Wes Platt (also known in some circles as Brody)
- Started in 1998
- Follows a series of story arcs, fourteen of them so far
- Mentioned in the March 2003 issue of Computer Games Magazine
- Uses HSpace Trueline, the latest incarnation of Gepht's spaceflight system
- Uses Marson's virtual objects system
- Provides an immersive chargen system
- FUDGE tabletop RPG system used for taskrolls and conflict resolution in-game
- Every month, players get recognized as RP Notables by the peers, earning both praise and experience points to apply to skills
- After the arcs, OtherSpace Roleplaying Awards are handed out to players
- Heavy on RP, but also provides OOC channels (these can be muted while IC, if you like)
- +luckrolls can be used to escape death
- Death is permanent
- Growing playerbase, with participants from the United States and around the world, including Australia, the United Kingdom, Canada, Germany, Italy, Panama, Brazil and Japan
- Hosted by RPG Works, http://www.rpg-works.net
- Applications considered within 48 hours
- Offers a useful Survivor's Guide and vast catalog of sample roleplaying logs at http://forums.jointhesaga.com
- Players are invited to join our mailing list by sending e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org[/list]
|02-13-2003, 11:42 PM||#3|
An idea inspired by our work on Chiaroscuro: The Interactive Fantasy Saga is coming to OtherSpace: The Interactive SF Saga!
All players will receive three Luck Cards. No longer will we use +luckrolls. And Luck Cards *are not* based on chance. You play one, and you escape that life-threatening situation. You can only play one a month. Every three months, characters that are less than 30 days idle will get one NEW Luck Card.
To collect your three free Luck Cards, you *must* log onto the MUSH (jointhesaga.com 1790) and send the following message to Wes Platt via @mail: "I want the luck of the draw."
|OtherSpace: Canada LOVES us! What about you? - Similar Threads|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|OtherSpace closing...||Brody||MUD Announcements||6||06-13-2006 03:15 AM|
|OtherSpace: Changes afoot!||Brody||Advertising for Players||0||01-02-2006 02:05 PM|
|OtherSpace: Arc XV begins!||Brody||Advertising for Players||0||03-15-2003 07:53 PM|
|OtherSpace: Arc XV Preview||Brody||Advertising for Players||0||03-09-2003 12:00 PM|
|OtherSpace: The Reunion!||Brody||Advertising for Players||0||02-22-2003 07:17 PM|