Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 10-26-2004, 02:08 PM   #1
Amnon

Amnon is on a distinguished road
First, if you're reading this - How the #### do you intend to honk?! Are you in a car? If you are, what are you doing reading topmudsites?!

Now, if you just clicked this link because you think it's an interesting topic worth checking out... then yes, you're right

Let me tell you about ASSAULT: High Tech War

A few details before I get on with the storyline:
* It's pure PK, pure. Not a single mob in the game.
* It's ascii-map based.
* It's meant for Mudders who know what they're doing, probably not best for first-timers.

Now, on with the description:

The game is set in a futuristic world, where man's own greed has lead to the destruction of the planet. Only small chunks of it remain.

On the largest island, those who survived combat for domination - be it by forming alliances with others, or by gathering as much power as they can by themselves.

Using advanced technology salvaged from the age before the destruction, you can take on the role of one of these soldiers. Start with the simplest buildings and build yourself a base to be proud of, while trying to defend it and destroy others constantly.

* The world is made of millions of rooms, with underground, surface and air grids.
* Create your own military base while mastering one of 9 technology trees - each unlocking a range of devestating or defensive tools. Over 130 building-types in total!
* Completely , 100% Pure PK. No mobs, just players to kill.
* Create weapons ranging from simple guns and bombs to tanks, aircrafts and spaceships. Automatic defense turrets, superweapons such as Nuclear Missile Launchers and Psychic controllers, lasers and tactical nukes, sniper rifles, specialized vehicles...
* Upgrade your weapons with special installations, add a coat of viral poisoning to make your target's health slowly drain over time, or add range to your sniper rifle.
* Upgrade your buildings to make them more powerful by either questing for items, purchasing them, or destroying enemy bases.
* Minigames such as paintball, NUKEM (hot potato, only with a nuclear bomb.. ouch), and imm-run missions and tournaments.
* Makes extensive use of the MXP, MCCP and MSP protocols for game enhancements: Over 95% compression rate with MCCP, building and vehicle information on the map with MXP, and firing, explosion, death, or the click of your empty clip with MSP.

That's it in short - But you just have to see it for yourself.

ASSAULT: High Tech War
assault.game-host.org 3003
Amnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 02:11 PM   #2
Brody

Home MUD: OtherSpace
Brody will become famous soon enoughBrody will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to Brody
Smile

I haven't played ASSAULT yet ... not a lot of free time. But, I know a bunch of staffers on Reach of the Empire play there and they seem to have a blast letting off steam and blowing each other up! So, I think you're doing something right.
Brody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 02:20 PM   #3
Amnon

Amnon is on a distinguished road
Thanks I'll be waiting to see if you stop by some time - I'd love to hear comments from someone like you, who obviously has a lot of skill and knowledge in Mud design.
Amnon is offline   Reply With Quote