Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 06-07-2004, 03:21 AM   #1
Molly

Home MUD: 4 Dimensions
Molly will become famous soon enoughMolly will become famous soon enough
Those of you who enjoyed the films Gladiator and Troy might be interested to know that we just added a large section of Ancient Greece to our PreHistoric Dimension.

Although the zone Troy itself is still under contruction, we now have over 2000 rooms of Greek mainland, sea, archipelago and islands, all pretty true to the time period of the Trojan War.

If you get tired of the inevitable Medieval world, why not try out another time period? Relive the old myths, encounter the Greek Gods, who still walk the earth in these old days around 2000 BC...

We also have around 500 rooms of Ancient Egypt from the same time. All 100% original, and filled with hungry crocodiles, vindictive Gods, hard or easy quests and other challenges.

I doubt you will find anything even remotely similar in any other Mud.
Molly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 12:53 PM   #2
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough

--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 10:08 PM   #3
Letrus Abbot

Letrus Abbot is on a distinguished road
Letrus Abbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 02:00 AM   #4
Ogma

Home MUD: DartMUD
Ogma is on a distinguished road
Um...Gladiator was set in the Roman Empire, in a different part of the Mediterranean and over a thousand years later....
Ogma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 02:51 AM   #5
Molly

Old 06-09-2004, 08:33 AM   #6
Hardestadt

Hardestadt is on a distinguished road
Hehe, Molly.. Gladiator the movie.
Hardestadt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 03:34 PM   #7
the_logos
Legend

Erm. Aztecs are not a prehistoric culture. Neither is ancient Greece. Legendmud has parts modeled on both ~1200 B.C. Greece and ~1200 B.C. Peloponnesian Islands.

I think someone brought up Eternal City because you used the movie Gladiator as an example, and Eternal City refers to Rome.

--matt
Old 06-12-2004, 05:29 AM   #8
Molly

Italy was colonised by the Greeks during a period of well over 1000 years. So was Troy and other parts of Asia Minor, for that matter. And due to the myth, Rome itself was founded by an escapee from the Trojan War, Aeneas (ever heard of the Aeneid, by Vergilius?)

The distance between Rome and Mycenae is not much longer than between Mycenae and Troy, and the Greeks were great sailors. In fact, during that time the sea was not a divider, it was the main communication route. And the Roman culture, society and mythology is based totally on Greece, in fact the Gods are all but identical, but for their names.

The Medieval period lasted about 1000 years too, and I never heard this raised as an objection against Medieval Muds spanning over a too long period. What we are doing is not meant as history lectures, even though our facts in the mud are usually quite accurate. But Muds are mainly meant for entertainment. And after all, our main theme is Time Travel.

In that perspective I don't see Rome and Greece as very far apart, neither geographically or chronologically. Anyhow, Rome is next on my todo list, after Troy gets implemented.
Old 06-12-2004, 09:07 PM   #9
John

John is on a distinguished road
If you mean the nations, parts of Greece were in Rome. I know this because Paestum was once part of the Roman Empire, but later became part of the Greece once more.

I don't know much about Roman times, but I'd say Greece was an anexxed part of Rome. A state, like India in the Brittish Empire.
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 02:45 AM   #10
the_logos
Legend

Ancient Greece - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Experienced staff welcome you to Ancient Chaos Greetmir Advertising for Players 0 12-08-2005 11:18 AM
Ancient Chaos (SMAUG) still looking for players. Greetmir Advertising for Players 0 02-22-2005 01:59 AM
Ancient Chaos (SMAUG) still looking for players. Greetmir Advertising for Players 0 02-04-2005 04:38 AM
Ancient Chaos (SMAUG) still looking for players. Greetmir Advertising for Players 0 01-24-2005 05:52 AM
Ancient Anguish down bytre MUD Announcements 0 07-08-2004 03:02 PM