Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Staff
Click here to Register

Old 12-03-2004, 07:24 PM   #1
Steel Leopard

Steel Leopard is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Steel Leopard Send a message via Yahoo to Steel Leopard
I've had a growing interest in developing MUDs for quite a few years now, and dispite numerous people telling me to just give it up and find a new hobby, I wish to continue with it. Being a Windows-user, exploring codebases by myself on a miniscule income is nearly out of the question, so I've decided to take a different route--to seek learning opportunities and mentorship via working on another MUD.

And now that my intention is clear, I guess I can continue on with a makeshift resume and a description of what I'm looking for. If you see anything interesting below, and kinda-sorta fit what I'm looking for, PLEASE reply or (preferably) send me an email. (steel_leopard@yahoo.com)

I built briefly on a diku-based MUD and then on an LP-mud many years ago, but had to leave because of personal reasons. Of the two, I have to say that I found the LP-mud much more enjoyable. I am very willing to exchange an easy learning curve for more advanced ability.

I have never coded for a MUD. My programming ability is weak, but I do have a strong interest and (very) basic knowledge of C++. I can also recognize/read some Java, although my ability to write it is miniscule. I have never touched C, although hear it bears some resemblance to C++.

But what about the game I'm looking for? I am looking for something that is VERY bent towards being RP-enforced. Some may tell me that programming has little to do with the theme, but I think the purpose of the game, if felt strongly enough, is going to dictate what kind of things are going to show up in that codebase. In fact, a game that is first and formost focused on being strictly role-play oriented is almost a MUST for me. x.x; Plus, it helps me to enjoy what I'm doing.

That being said, if you are looking for a builder, are focused intensely on roleplay, and think I may be of some use to you, send me an email. I would greatly appreciate mentorship and patience in return.

-
YIM: steel_leopard
Steel Leopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 09:09 AM   #2
Moiraine

Moiraine is on a distinguished road
If you know Robert Jordan's "Wheel Of Time" series, come login and talk to me or leave a note. 5000
Moiraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 05:11 PM   #3
rotm_adm

rotm_adm is on a distinguished road
If your looking for a unique themed RPG, we would welcome your presence at Realm of the Magi, an LPMud based on a dark and magical fantasy theme. Currently we are restructuring our development and administration team, so another mentor/world builder would be a great fit on our growing team.

If interested, please come by and visit our website:

Game Site Address (Web): or

Game Site Address (Telnet): stormbringer.sysconn.com 1501

-++- RotM Administration -++-
rotm_adm is offline   Reply With Quote

Seeking a position.. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Builder/Enforcer looking for position Kaltez Advertising for Staff 0 04-06-2006 02:39 PM
Seeking RP position Cirion5667 Advertising for Staff 0 01-29-2006 10:40 PM
Looking for a Staff position on a mud? Ostoles Advertising for Staff 0 06-17-2002 10:06 PM
Clan Imm Position frindok Advertising for Staff 0 06-03-2002 11:41 PM
IMM position available! Jakain Advertising for Staff 0 04-24-2002 03:17 PM