|11-25-2003, 02:25 PM||#1|
Welcome To Your NEW New Addiction
Kyndig.Com is now known as MudMagic.Com. We have changed our name to
keep up with the "jones'", and draw in a larger community through search
MudMagic.Com is a website dedicated to the further development and
interaction of the online text game community. We promote a cyber
culture interaction for players, administrators, and developers through
our custom designed dynamic website. Within our 35,000+ pages you will find:
* Dedicated Host services on our [currently] 10 servers. Providing OC12
connectivity and base accounts starting at $11.00/mo
1. Web Linux console panel allowing for:
* Mysql database interaction, email checking, crontab editing
* website wizard for out of the box website making, ftp logs
* login logs, fetchmail configuration, SSH configuration
* shell login scriting, website hit meter, process management
* Java file manager
* Plus a number of other handy modules and more being added
2. Unlimited email logins and forwards for domain owners, use
our custom built web email panel to manage them yourself
3. Replies to customer queries with knowledgeable expediency.
4. Account upgrades at no additional charge
5. No account setup fees
6. Web based form allows you to build an account to your
7. Many more unique host features all geared towards online text
* Banner advertising for online text games
1. Provides graphical banner management with detailed stats
2. Inexpensive banner advertising on a popular site with a
focus for online text games.
3. Stats show a high clicktrhough ratio
* Advanced database game list for game owners to promote their game, and
take part in an advanced unbiased rate system
1. Percentage based voting system
A. Vote system is developed to be unbiased, allowing game list
owners to request removal/ban of votes
2. Game administrative interface with graphical stats
3. Still under development, but in working order
4. Java Telnet applet connectivity available on each game page
5. Every game receives their own personal interactive
mailing list/phorum for their game
** If your favorite game isn't listed in our database, please submit
it for immediate approval
* User account posted boards which have a backend mailing list per board
1. Mailing list interaction
2. Poster modified messages
3. Moderated board system [one 'flame' board unmoderated]
4. Broken down into specific focuses:
Coders, Players, Builders, General
* Extensive link farm
1. Built directly from the dmoz.org text game farm.
2. Updates performed upon request
* Extensive code repository of many major game servers and numerous
source code modifications [ snippets ]
1. Updated on a regular basis with many popular servers and snippets
2. Anonymous ftp access at: <a href="" target="_blank">ftp://ftp.mudmagic.com</a>
* Private Messaging through our community based website.
* Article postings by members of the text game community
* Public polls. You can post comments or create your own poll and run
the poll from your website, to include a dynamic image output of
your poll stats.
* Friendly and courteous website staff whom work around the clock to
further assist in the advancement of online text games
http://www.mudmagic.com/staff/ Areas are always being upgraded on the
website; it has been under steady development since it's opening 3 years
ago. We work with other community based sites for online text games to
promote the further advancement of online text games.
Welcome To Your New Addiction
|11-25-2003, 09:15 PM||#2|
Join Date: Sep 2002
As an admin of a small but still-growing mud of modest means, we are very satisfied with the results we got using the weighted banner on Mud Magic (previously called Kyndig).
They responded quickly to all our questions, and we about doubled the number of new players per month trying our mud since putting up our banner with them.
We would recommend them to any startup mud looking to grow as an affordable way to get productive results from your banner ad.
|11-30-2003, 04:26 AM||#3|
Join Date: Mar 2003
The new site looks great. Went there and posted and had no problems til today. I went to go to the website and recieved this message.. Unknown error occurred in transaction with mudmagic.com. Did you allow the session to be activated? MudMagic.Com does not store cookies onto your computer, but does require that you allow a session to be stored temporarily. This is for browseability convenience. No personal data is requested or stored.
How do I fix this?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
|11-30-2003, 07:25 AM||#4|
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: United Socialist States of America
Home MUD: SmaugMuds.org
Home MUD: Arthmoor MUD Hosting
Oh, so you mean I'm not the only one who got that eh? I figured something was screwy when adding the site to my cookie whitelist didn't solve anything
|11-30-2003, 09:32 AM||#5|
Resolved, for the moment. Looks like something is not closing itself out properly in MySQL and is eating all the resources for it. I've let Kyndig know and he will look into it today.
AIM: cyapony ICQ: 11822330
|12-06-2003, 12:28 AM||#6|
Sorry for the delay in reply. As Robbert mentioned, there were a few quircks in porting the site over to the new server. MudMagic.Com is now in full swing, and the search engines are slowly cacheing the new website. Swing by and have a look at the latest additions to the game list area.
A kind thanks to TopMudSites for their support.
|MudMagic.Com - Similar Threads|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|MudMagic and MUD players||Aeran||MUD Administration||3||08-08-2006 10:29 AM|
|Mud Client Updates from MudMagic||Kyndig||MUD Announcements||0||01-27-2005 09:58 AM|
|MudMagic Host Provider||Kyndig||MUD Announcements||1||04-08-2004 04:31 PM|
|MudMagic Host Updates||Kyndig||MUD Announcements||0||03-15-2004 08:56 AM|
|Mudmagic: get it together.||the_logos||MUD and RPG Webmasters||42||02-07-2004 08:06 AM|