Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > MUD Announcements
Click here to Register

Old 03-09-2003, 02:20 AM   #1
Orion Elder

Orion Elder is on a distinguished road
The next MUD-Con is coming up very soon. MUD-Con II is in approximately two weeks (on the 22nd of March)... for those who don't know, MUD-Con is an online event.

Work has already begun on prepping the codebase, for the next meeting (including the suggestions mentioned to make the channels global, instead of limiting it by room). Thus, this MUD-Con will allow you to listen, simultaneously, to any of the topic-based conversations that you'd like.

We have, also, a guest speaker (unless plans change) for this MUD-Con, in the form of Brody (Wes Platt).

We are, also, expecting Matthew Becker (the lawyer that everyone wanted to speak to, at the last meeting). I spoke to him, after the last MUD-Con and he apologized for being late (he actually did appear, just a few hours late). He had an unexpected family engagement. He has, however, assured me that he will be there unless something more important comes up.

The turnout at the last MUD-Con was approximately 45 people. We're hoping that the turnout will be just as high for this one.

I will be opening up the form to add your name to the attendance lists.

-----

The MUD-Con Master Storyteller Competition will be accepting submissions until Midnight EST March 15th. This gives us approximately one week to judge the entries. Anything received after that time will NOT be accepted.

Thanks much, and good day.
Orion Elder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 11:19 AM   #2
Orion Elder

Just wanted to let everyone know I've listed some of the people who have already signed up for the next MUD-Con, and I've received a few entries for the next Master Storyteller Competition.

I am, also, going to address something I've received a few questions about:

"How many entries can I submit to the Master Storyteller Competition?"

Well, for the last competition is was 'just one' because we were a bit afraid at how many entries we'd receive. We weren't overly flooded, so for this one it is limited to two entries. You don't HAVE to submit two, but you can if you like.

But you can only win once.

"I saw something about how early and late entries will be disqualified... can I submit mine now?"

Yes. The 15th, at midnight EST is the latest we will take entries, though... so if you're going to submit them, do it before that time. The 'early' date has already past, though, so you're safe from that.

Edit:
Forgot to mention, I have also received a few of this question:

"We're going to be coming to MUD-Con and we want to let our players know about it... do you mind if we post about MUD-Con on our webpage?"

Not at all. In fact, we'd appreciate this. Any help we get in spreading the word about MUD-Con and getting more people to attend is welcome. Post away!
Old 03-11-2003, 12:43 AM   #3
Orion Elder

Ok, I've just posted a message on the MUD-Con forums that I need a response too as soon as possible (it concerns the code being used this time around).

For those who don't know the address here is a direct link to the forums.
Old 03-15-2003, 12:34 AM   #4
Orion Elder

Wanted to remind everyone that tonight (the 15th) is the latest that submissions will be accepted for the Master Storyteller Competition. Midnight, EST.

Take care, all, and if you have an entry get it in ASAP!

MUD-Con II and the Master Storyteller Competition - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Master Storyteller Competition Winners! Orion Elder MUD Announcements 0 07-26-2003 11:09 AM
Master Storyteller Competition Orion Elder MUD Announcements 3 07-19-2003 05:37 PM
Master Storyteller Competition Orion Elder MUD Announcements 7 07-12-2003 07:58 PM
MUD-Con Master Storyteller Competition Results Orion Elder MUD Announcements 10 03-31-2003 02:31 AM
MUD-Con Master Storyteller Competition Orion Elder MUD Announcements 2 11-08-2002 02:33 AM