|07-05-2004, 07:43 PM||#1|
MudMagic has just released version 1.0.1 Mud Client for windows and linux. This is an OpenSource mud client for online text gamers.
GTK runtime lib
For windows users, the setup process after unzipping the software will prompt you to download the required libraries. For Linux users, currently only the source code is available and standard ./configure;make;make install for the client, and make for the plugins will work.
A few features of the client:
Note Pad plugin
Game List backend to mudmagic.com game list
a few other snazzy features.
This client is free for download and use under the GNU license.
Embrace The Addiction!
|05-22-2005, 04:21 PM||#2|
And it's here =) MudMagic Client version 1.6 is now released. With this client comes a few backend code updates and some frontend configuration settings. The client now has a nifty screen, but most importantly, it is now packaged with windows users in mind. The 4Meg full setup file has everything a windows user needs to run this client. Python libs, compression libs, sqlite libs, and more are now packaged with the client.
Version 1.7 will be additional updates to the code, as well as the implementation of MXP. We look to be releasing version 1.7 in about a months time.
A hearty thanks to Tomas of http://www.kmuddy.net for once more bailing me out on the client and providing the assistance needed to release this version.
The ChangeLog is as follows:
* 19 May 2005
- Tomas Mecir <email@example.com>
- install floating introduction screen when client is started
* 14 May 2005
- Mart Raudsepp <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- the wizard now uses the downloaded game list directly without the
use of a database
- fixed mousewheel scrolling of MUD output
- GNU/Linux build system improvements
- sqlite2 is now optional, but all plugins depend on it and will
not be built if sqlite2 is not found
- support for --enable-debug and --enable-profile
- fixes to solve various complation and runtime problems
- fixed inability to load the notes and database plugin with gtk+-2.6
* 1 May 2005
- Calvin Ellis <email@example.com>
- Added; Repeat History toggle to allow for user input on/off
- resized configuration window
- new default size for configuration window
- added standard minimise/maximise buttons to config window
Windows Setup Download:
Fedora Core 3 Linux Download:
Enjoy the Addiction,
|02-01-2006, 02:34 PM||#3|
The MudMagic telnet text game client for Linux and Windows has been updated. This mud client is a free OpenSource software program that is in a constant state of development. A few features added to this release include:
Command history scrollback
Command recorder module
Macro button clicking
MudMagic BASIC scripting
Numerous more changes and bug fixes in this release.
You can view the complete ChangeLog on the mudmagic.com website in the Mud Client area.
Fedora Core 4 Binary:
|Windows/Linux Free Mud Client - Similar Threads|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|F-MUD Free client||garouppa||MUD Announcements||1||07-13-2006 10:20 AM|
|Cygwin and Windows||Scrod Fungus||MUD Coding||4||03-10-2004 02:36 PM|
|C++ and Windows||Scrod Fungus||MUD Coding||3||01-13-2004 11:10 PM|
|New KDE/Linux mud client: KMC||cronel||MUD Announcements||16||03-13-2003 03:34 PM|
|SMAUG: Linux -> Windows||Zhamel||MUD Coding||9||06-03-2002 06:51 PM|