Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Newbie Help
Click here to Register

Old 05-28-2008, 01:03 PM   #1
Haidir

Haidir is on a distinguished road
Newbie searching for MUD

Hello everyone. I am a new MUD player, and i find the concept of them very interesting, but i just can't find one that fits me. Therefore i'm asking if anyone knows a MUD that fulfills some/all of these criteria:

1. Must be completely free, and no paying for credits like Iron Realms.

2. Must have a good tutorial, and be accecible for newbies.

3. Must have a crafting system, and it would actually be best if it is possible to progress completely without fighting.

4. No permadeath.

Thank you in advance.
Haidir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 01:19 PM   #2
Denisius

Home MUD: Erandia
Denisius is on a distinguished road
Re: Newbie searching for MUD

You might want to visit my MUD. (Erandia MUD)

Check the advertisement thread I posted for it on TMS, for more information.

The MUD itself is completely free, although fairly complex, and it does have quite a detailed crafting system.

For more information while you are in-game, simply ask one of the players, the staff, or type 'help school' for directions on getting to the school.

IP: zeno.biyg.org

Port: 2500

Welcome to MUDS!
Denisius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 01:29 PM   #3
Haidir

Haidir is on a distinguished road

Thank you for your answer, i've seen your thread before, but i was i little nervous of a MUD without a website (yet). I'll try it soon!
Haidir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 01:33 PM   #4
Denisius

Home MUD: Erandia
Denisius is on a distinguished road

The website is nearing it's completion stages, and should be ready in about a week and a half.
Denisius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 12:01 AM   #5
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough

Swing on by NW. Here are the reasons why according to your preferences:

1. We have a large playerbase and are absolutely free (we won't let you donate even if you want to).

2. The creation process is very simple and allows you to get familiar without needing details until you want them and has an online manual for beginners. (check the website). We have a dedicated staff and guides that will help you every step of the way (but only if you want it).

3. We have two guilds (one being built) dedicated to crafting and roleplay (the Merchants and Traders). The whole concept behind these guilds is to steer away from combat, but even so, at higher levels they have guards and even can build an army.

4. No permadeath that you would likely see. There is permadeath in the game but is reserved for the more harsher roleplay and is more of an exception than the rule.

Give us a try and in two weeks if you aren't hooked, you can have your money back! 100% guaranteed.
*This offer not valid with any other offer, certain restrictions apply, only valid for first time players, etc. etc. etc.
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 05:08 PM   #6
Molly

Home MUD: 4 Dimensions
Molly will become famous soon enoughMolly will become famous soon enough

You should try 4 Dimensions.

Our Mud School is totally customized and gives all the valid information that you need. And the unique Quest Academy on top of it teaches you the secrets and tricks of questing in 4D in an interactive way. You get to solve a few easy puzzles on your own, not just sit out some boring tutorial. But don't worry, if you get stuck on a problem, you can always call for hints and solutions.

We also have a fully fleshed website, where you can find information on just about anything in the game, unless you prefer our equally complete helpfiles on line. There is also a Map Room with descriptions of all the zones, plus info about the levels, and how to get to the zones. And our Questcard system gives info about all our built-in Quests, including if they are easy or hard to do.

Our crafting system is not yet completed, although some of the professions work already. But it's quite possible to advance in 4D mainly on trading with mobs, since you get paid for each transaction both in exp. points and Tradepoints. Also the players who like to devote themselves to fulltime questing usually finds that very rewarding. You don't have to be high level for that, only a few of the quests involve killing tough mobs. As long as you stick to the lower level zones, and be reasonably careful if you venture into the harder ones, you'll be quite safe. Quest heavy zones usually don't have aggro mobs, and using a ship will protect you on your travels.

PK is totally optional, and so is RP. And of course we are completely 100% free.
Molly is offline   Reply With Quote