Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > Mud Development and Administration > Legal Issues
Click here to Register

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2009, 01:50 PM   #101
locke
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Home MUD: nimud.divineright.org 5333
Posts: 195
locke is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Compliance reminder if your MUD uses OLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samson View Post
Except for how you're full of crap because they both called Vryce a thief for doing the same thing you did. Stripping credits. The fact that Vryce then started charging money for stuff wasn't relevant.
I think it was relevant that Vryce made money. In fact, ask any lawyer, that changes the game tremendously and provides ground for remuneration which means that a lawsuit can happen a lot easier than if you are giving it away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Henrik Stærfeldt @ cbs.dtu.dk
From herb-dot-gilliland@gmail.com :
> I was wondering if you could write to me confirming if you and your friends
> from DikuMUD hold the position that I have "stolen" this or not. If you
> need any additional information about me or my software I'd be happy to
> provide it. It is currently available at http://nimud.org

Such issues are hard to understand without more information. It would be
informative if you at least supplied me with your counterparts arguments so
that i could test their merits against your own. Why exactly are they claiming
you stole anything (I assume they mean that you are in violation of the
license, instead of theft, which is not exactly equivalent legally)?

> If you aren't the person I am trying to reach, I apologize for the
> inconvenience.


You have reached the corret person

--Hans-Henrik Stærfeldt
locke is offline  
Old 06-29-2009, 03:44 PM   #102
Samson
Member
 
Samson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: United Socialist States of America
Home MUD: SmaugMuds.org
Home MUD: Arthmoor MUD Hosting
Posts: 249
Samson is on a distinguished road
Re: Compliance reminder if your MUD uses OLC

Way to not tell him the true story and leave him wondering in the dark about WTF you were even asking. Instead, next time, refer him to the thread so he can see your thieving ways for himself - and what a liar you are for trying to imply that Hans endorses your behavior.
Samson is offline  
Old 06-29-2009, 04:09 PM   #103
locke
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Home MUD: nimud.divineright.org 5333
Posts: 195
locke is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Compliance reminder if your MUD uses OLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samson View Post
Way to not tell him the true story and leave him wondering in the dark about WTF you were even asking. Instead, next time, refer him to the thread so he can see your thieving ways for himself - and what a liar you are for trying to imply that Hans endorses your behavior.
I already have referred him to the thread on June 25th.
locke is offline  
Old 06-29-2009, 05:00 PM   #104
Samson
Member
 
Samson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: United Socialist States of America
Home MUD: SmaugMuds.org
Home MUD: Arthmoor MUD Hosting
Posts: 249
Samson is on a distinguished road
Re: Compliance reminder if your MUD uses OLC

Somehow I seriously doubt that. Did you bother to inform him you've also arbitrarily relicensed his software and that you stripped his credits from the code?
Samson is offline  
Old 06-29-2009, 05:09 PM   #105
locke
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Home MUD: nimud.divineright.org 5333
Posts: 195
locke is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Compliance reminder if your MUD uses OLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samson View Post
Did you bother to inform him you've also arbitrarily relicensed his software
Yes, I told him I released my MUD, which is probably "10% similar to Merc or Diku" as AL 2.0 because none of the major code repositories for open source will host a Diku licensed piece of software.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samson View Post
and that you stripped his credits from the code?
I never have. In at least one place in the code, Diku credits have always appeared. If you download the latest version, you'll see how ludicrous your claim really is.

Samson, you're a real bully. Mourning the loss of my friend is not a ghoulish activity. Protecting his name on the credits for OLC is an act of devotion to a worthy companion who died way before his time at the tender age of 19.

InterMUD Communications (IMC) Protocol with Extensions to VRMLise MultiUser Domains (MUDs)

Last edited by locke : 06-29-2009 at 05:20 PM.
locke is offline  
Old 06-29-2009, 06:40 PM   #106
Samson
Member
 
Samson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: United Socialist States of America
Home MUD: SmaugMuds.org
Home MUD: Arthmoor MUD Hosting
Posts: 249
Samson is on a distinguished road
Re: Compliance reminder if your MUD uses OLC

Nope. Not convinced you told him any such thing. Because I'm sure if you had he'd have given you a far different response than the one you claim he did.

Don't really know what the IMC link you put there has to do with you being a lying code thief either.
Samson is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Style based on a design by Essilor
Copyright Top Mud Sites.com 2014