|02-07-2013, 12:59 AM||#1|
Join Date: Apr 2011
Necromium: and old MUD with new features, and a desire for some newbies!
I wanted to come by and suggest that people come by and check our little corner of the MUD world, Necromium.
We've been around since 1996 (almost voting age!) - a highly customized CircleMUD base, with fairly consistent development, especially in the last 3-4 years.
At our peak, we maintained a playerbase of 60-70 players online at all times, 24/7... sadly, in the last few years, that has dwindled thanks to a lack of voting/advertising push, where we now peak at around 18-20. A new influx of players could be just the thing to bring a whole lot more fun into an already-addictive game! (We have many players who have played for 12-15 years)
We have a very large world (about 31,000 rooms in just over 130 original zones), spanning 5 continents (separated by some large oceans), with a beautiful automatically-generated & builder-customized overhead map to go with it.
A short list of some of the many cool features we have that players seem to love:
• Many large equipment runs that require large groups and co-operative play
• Ships and ocean combat
• A customized web client to the game, Necromium Webmud
• An online player "armory" for viewing others' equipment, training, and stats (ex: View Necromium Player: Xweetok)
• An automated tour for new players
• Endless player development through a Character Points system, allowing for nearly unlimited choice of customization
• Dragon Battles: fight other players (or staff) on a completely level playing field, to test your skills
• Automated damage tracking and reporting
• Many coded and scripted quests
• A multi-tiered clan & noble house system, along with house wars and custom zones
We would love to see you in our neck of the woods!
-Jaguar, head Immortal and coder of Necromium
Last edited by Jaguar : 02-07-2013 at 01:17 AM.