Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 11-08-2012, 07:09 AM   #1
KaVir
Legend

Name: Richard
Home MUD: God Wars II
KaVir will become famous soon enoughKaVir will become famous soon enough
What God Wars II doesn't have...

Most promotions include a list of cool features that the mud offers. To break up the monotony, I thought I'd instead list some common mud features that God Wars II doesn't have.God Wars II doesn't appeal to everyone. It has no rules, no roleplaying, and certainly no lack of brutal violence. But some people just won't take no for an answer.

KaVir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:54 AM   #2
Delerak

Name: Dan
Delerak is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Delerak Send a message via AIM to Delerak Send a message via MSN to Delerak Send a message via Yahoo to Delerak
Re: What God Wars II doesn't have...

An oldie but a goodie. Maybe I'll do another one to showcase all the new features.

Delerak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:57 PM   #3
Leech

Name: John
Home MUD: The Inquisition: Legacy
Leech is on a distinguished road

I'd stamp this with best advertisement. I'm a hardcore roleplayer, but this still has me itching to try Godwars >.>
Leech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:02 AM   #4
Hadoryu

Hadoryu is on a distinguished road

Have I mentioned that I love Godwars 2? Well I do. I've played on and off for a while, though mostly off, I admit. It was something I figured I could get into more casually, but the grind ends up killing my interest off.

Anyway, is the game still being developed? I see fantastic potential, but it just seems quite incomplete still. I can't seem to find any place to discuss it either, since as far as I can tell the forums are pretty much dead. Or I'm just missing something.
Hadoryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:37 AM   #5
KaVir
Legend

Name: Richard
Home MUD: God Wars II
KaVir will become famous soon enoughKaVir will become famous soon enough

Grind is still a problem, although it used to be a lot worse before I added boosts, maps, tasks, events, etc.

There's been no development on the mud for the last two months, other than some minor bug fixes, as I've busy developing some web-based tools for a tabletop RPG. It's been a learning experience, and I plan to use the same technique to develop some content creation tools for the mud - I reckon that would be a great way to reduce the grind, if everyone could create and submit their own tasks. The content would still need to be manually reviewed, but there could be rewards for submissions, as well as the normal rewards for completing it.

There are still features that need work, but the game itself should be fully playable. What parts did you feel were incomplete?
KaVir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:00 PM   #6
Hadoryu

Hadoryu is on a distinguished road

Not incomplete in the sense that it doesn't functionally work.

Rather, it seems like an amazing functionality basis that's just lacking the built-on content. There are no objectives beyond 1v1 PvP, which requires getting to max age to really make the most of. I forget, but I think I managed to get to 320 at most before I found myself completely losing interest in the grind.

There just seems like there could be sooooooo much done with the existing mechanics already. Building castles, safeguarding treasures, raids and defense, group battles (I mean how amazing would class combos be? and area spells that actually hit multiple enemies?) What about taking down bosses in groups or playing with things like artillery, massive-range tactical strikes, spying, terrain destruction/formation and a plethora of amazing things that the mechanics could allow?

The functionality of the MUD is amazing, it's a beauty to behold and it's ridiculously fun to play with, but so far it seems to come down to just killing the same NPCs over and over for me, when it could be the basis for some really mind-blowing and truly unique to MUDs content.
Hadoryu is offline   Reply With Quote