Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Old 09-01-2014, 09:26 PM   #21
dentin

Home MUD: Alter Aeon
dentin is on a distinguished road
Re: Delerak's MUD Vlogs

Thanks a lot for taking a look at the game. It was really good to get an outside perspective, and I went through a number of the things you mentioned (as well as a few you didn't) to see if I could improve things. The 'spurious line feed' thing you saw immediately after login appears to be a side effect of the way that ZMud in particular handles MSP. It can be fixed on the server, and should be handled properly after the next server code upload.

It would have been interesting to see the difference using the custom client, as the automap would have reduced your search time for the cave. There's a 'map' command which displays something similar for non-custom clients, but the graphical map is prettier.

Once again, thanks for your time and effort. It's appreciated

-dentin
dentin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 12:17 AM   #22
Delerak

Name: Dan
Delerak is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Delerak Send a message via AIM to Delerak Send a message via MSN to Delerak Send a message via Yahoo to Delerak

Of course. These are actually pretty fun to do when I have time. I will dedicate my next video to looking at your client.
Delerak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 01:12 AM   #23
Delerak

Name: Dan
Delerak is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Delerak Send a message via AIM to Delerak Send a message via MSN to Delerak Send a message via Yahoo to Delerak

Hi guys. Been a while since I put up some new content. This is a long one but I think it's worth a look (listen?). I decided I wanted to get away from my First Looks for a while and I've always wanted to try my hand at interviewing some people who have interesting experiences in the MUDing community.

Without further adieu I present my first ever Mud interview with Jason (aka: Falco, aka Prof.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wmbmbi3C0M

Please let me know what you guys think as this is completely new for me and I know there were a lot of issues in this video. IE: Sound quality. Some of it I can't control but would you guys like to see more content like this? Or should I get back to reviewing MUDs and such? I'd love to do interviews with people just to see their point of view, maybe hash out discussions and just get our grey matter going.

I have a big passion for MUDs even though I'm not much of a good player I just want to try and give something to the community. Thanks guys!
Delerak is offline   Reply With Quote