Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 10-12-2015, 07:58 AM   #1
Anaiah

Name: Anaiah
Home MUD: Formerly: Armageddon MUD
Home MUD: Currently: The Evolution of Esos
Anaiah is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Anaiah
Join Us In New Kaiden On Evolution Of Esos Mud

In New Kaiden, in the far northern mountains, lies the last city of Humankind. The dying remnants of mankind's former glory, they have long since been exiled, their homeland taken by fire and dark magic. Now in the stolen city of New Kaiden they make one last stand for survival and reach out to the world again.

Under a glaring Red Sphere, the remnant of blood lost and exile over the years, Five Families stand, remnants of the old Cities. The Nadu, Avasar, Kavka, Kaden, and the Sundown comprise the fingers of the Hand. The High Council which rules the city. A single trusted leader from each house, working together to guide mankind's perilous future.

Having survived a fire-blasted world of dark magics, their exile has instead found them in high, mountainous terrain which is snow covered for much of the year, all but cut off from the dwarves from whom they wrested the city, and out of contact with the elves since their being chased off while fleeing fiery destruction and seeking for a new homeland.

What part will you play in mankind's last hope for survival in a lavish and dangerous world, replete with a custom magic system (for those with a taste for being hunted down!), the ability to create player clans and change the actual world, crazy roleplay at the hand of more than a dozen players often as not (even during 3-5 am central time), and more.

Do you want to be a hunter, exploring the tens of thousands of wilderness rooms? How about a writer or artist? You could be from the common rabble in the Slums (over 800 rooms to be explored!), or be of the Hand families (email staff to set this up). The guild system is open and skills are learned by practice, with a boost to ones in the area chosen, and an increased rate of learning, much like the perks of Skyrim, which plays out with every character having unlimited potential that a crafting system which allows even for custom buildings and so much world to squat in, explore, and get to know.

The roleplay is impeccable, the staff is friendly and reasonable, and player potential is unlimited. It is possible to be the king or queen, update the entire city, and more, given time and patience. Come join us!
Anaiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 05:07 PM   #2
Anaiah

Re: Join Us In New Kaiden On Evolution Of Esos Mud

Rolecalls from the EOE Forums:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Awesome in October:

I'll keep this short, sweet and to the point. Referencing this post () for your submission, the following roles are now open.

1. From the Avasar Enclave, a sales and support worker who has an interest in liquors, tavern interaction, fighting and causing some interesting RP. Male or female. Family.
2. From the Kavka Enclave, a sales and support worker who has an interest in arms and armor, spending money, mining and with an intense hatred of all things dwarf and Nadu. Family.
3. From the Nadu Enclave, a sales and support worker who has an interest in renting out apartments and engaging social events in the Nadu Teahouse. Artist pcs preferred.
4. From the Kaden Enclave, a tough as nails, young Sergeant who, because of nepotism, got promoted before they are ready. Someone treading on name, but interested in being more.
5. From the Slums, a corrupt and down on their luck business manager who decides they want to make a change and build some positive trade in the area.
6. A dwarven leader who has every intention of changing the methods and means of the dwarven people.
7. Artisans and performers.
8. Someone interested in being outside the enclave system, interested in playing a mercantile wizard with some support. Make friends, make enemies! Drive plots!

Show me what you've got.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Get 'em while they're hot, yo.
Old 12-08-2015, 09:33 PM   #3
Anaiah

Time to DO IT UP IN DECEMBER folks! We've got another role call, and it's a 3 for 1!

Kavka are the blacksmiths, the armorers and weaponmakers.

Nadu - have you people seen the Lannisters? These guys make them look unfancy. Imagine if the Lannisters OWNED the Bank of Bravos, and specialized in luxury goods and arts and entertainment.

Kaden - Atteeeeeen-hut! These are the military. They're the proud, but they're also the most numerous of the Enclaves. Ready to swing that sword to save mankind? This might be the flavor you need.

To apply, email: with your character concept now.

Character concepts should use the following format:

Get 'em while they're hot! After all... I understand that on 20 December, there's a combat RPT that likely involves Kaden.
Old 12-09-2015, 01:44 AM   #4
dark acacia
Banned

dark acacia is on a distinguished road

Aren't these roles basically taken by the same handful of players anyway?
dark acacia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 03:47 AM   #5
Anaiah

No. Actually the head of the Sundown Enclave prior to the current one was played by a newbie who'd been registered on the forums for less than a month before they got in game as that role. That's part of why I'm advertising here. That's one of the 5 most important humans in the game world, virtual or otherwise. And it went to someone who'd been playing only a month. With a support role, I would imagine there is even less requisite familiarity with the game world needed.

That said, I can't help but wonder why every time you post on an EOE thread it's got vaguely insulting commentary about the size or numbers of the playerbase, if not outright, then implied.
Old 12-09-2015, 04:15 PM   #6
dark acacia
Banned

Have you heard the story about the emperor and his new clothes?

I often point out MU*s that have glaring problems but are treated by their fans as the best. game. EVAR. anyway, or games that are fading fast despite significant efforts to keep them alive. EOE just doesn't strike me as a game that is going to recover, given the state of the MU* community today.

I'm not singling out EOE. I recently pointed out to another game that, despite their significant updates, every time I logged in there were only two IMMs and myself online. And they wanted players running kingdoms.
Old 12-09-2015, 04:54 PM   #7
Anaiah

It's almost like, by reaching out to the GREATER mudding community, via crossposting these role calls, people might already be aware of the fact that there's not a huge playerbase and be looking to help GROW it.

The continued commentary on nothing but player numbers tells me you probably wouldn't be happy playing the game because it's not populated enough for your tastes. Which I get. What I don't get, is why you feel the need to post unrelated commentary on rolecall threads, talking about those numbers. Are you helping? Not really. Are you pointing anything out that someone's not aware of? Still no. Are you adding -anything- of substance to the conversation? Three for three, that's still a no.
Old 12-09-2015, 07:00 PM   #8
dark acacia
Banned

The player base seems too small for a game with so many organizations. What do you have now, two, maybe three people per organization? I don't know, it's been a while since I was there.
Old 12-09-2015, 08:53 PM   #9
Anaiah

Well, there's four people currently in the family my pc is part of, and pretty recently there was 5 or 6 in the military, the rest, I know of 3 current in another, outside that... my pc is tending to avoid a lot of time with a lot of factions for IC reasons so... I couldn't say, outside of those. It varies from family or clan to family or clan, and people tend to cycle around to various areas of interest. That said... Armageddon mud has comparable numbers in their own family clans (noble houses), and often hits similar numbers re: militia clans so... meh. There's a fair number of people who aren't part of any of those clans and have no interest in working for them - "joining" isn't actually particularly simple, in that the enclaves are set up to be actual families of blood relations so you have to be fairly special to get "adopted" in, as opposed to just sort of working for one.
Old 12-13-2015, 10:26 AM   #10
Azarias

Azarias is on a distinguished road

This could quite possibly be one of my favorite MUDs if they didnt look down on skills and combat so much.
Azarias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 02:58 PM   #11
Gonzo Dagger

Gonzo Dagger is on a distinguished road

Who do you mean by they? The average player base or their immortals or both?

I think their skill system is actually nice.
Gonzo Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 04:45 PM   #12
Anaiah

Same here. It's really hard to adjust to the disappointment of how inflexible learning on other RPI's is again after playing this, because it makes other games that fit the same genre feel stifling in what you can and can't learn.
Old 12-20-2015, 08:41 PM   #13
Azarias

Azarias is on a distinguished road

The immortals, not a fan of purposely holding people back who wish to progress. Love progression and love RP, don't see why you can't have both without restricting the other. Then again I've never played any other RPI's I guess so I wouldnt know what the normal is.
Azarias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 08:56 PM   #14
dark acacia
Banned

I agree. On one hand, they don't want people dominating RP through skills alone, but when you can't ever have your thief try to steal trinkets from NPCs without getting chased around by NPCs you have no chance defending yourself against (let alone hide from), it's kind of pointless. How do you train thief skills to useful levels if you can't advance yourself too quickly? What do you do, tell someone that you're a thief, and then have them let you steal something over and over until you finally max out the skill in the year 2049?

My character never did actual combat, but it's my understanding that even small animals are deadly too.

If power training is so gosh-darned terrible, why not just give everyone 100% in every skill related to their class? Then no one can dominate RP through skills alone, and no one logs in just to power train.
Old 12-21-2015, 06:12 AM   #15
Gonzo Dagger

Gonzo Dagger is on a distinguished road

Are you seriously suggesting that every thief ever started in an RP-enforced game should start a master thief? That sounds like a very bad idea.

What does "dominating RP through skills" mean? I am saying this because I have been "dominated by RP" by players who were lacking the in-game skills. One particular case I remember was in fact a thief we had caught. I was a character in "the police force", and we caught him easily, and we jailed him in. But I remember the interrogation scene that came after that. That guy alone just out-roleplayed us two soldiers. It was funny as hell and sad at the same time. It left a lasting memory.

EDIT: I am sorry for the derailment. I found out that dark acacia is the resident forum troll here. Just looking at his past posts was enough.

Last edited by Gonzo Dagger : 12-21-2015 at 06:49 AM. Reason: Looks like I have been trolled.
Gonzo Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote