Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2016, 09:38 PM   #21
Newworlds
Legend
 
Newworlds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Posts: 1,382
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Re: Armegeddon Forum Policy?

I feel like I'm talking to a ten year old.

Learn to follow your own advice. You falsely accused me of advertising this game by asking a question. If that were the case, why are you so ignorant as to re-post on this thread that was about to be gone and bring it back to the top? The EXACT thing you were accusing me of doing, instead of letting it fall off the list? Could it be you work for me and were joining in the advertising campaign? I dare say no, you were just being...well, you.

If you follow your own advise and read this thread completely, it is very clear that the question was asked honestly, that the answer was given honestly (by some), and that it ended there. You and only you decided to keep the thread alive. You and only you are at fault for this.

Honestly, your posts are beginning to have the taste of troll in them with a peppering of hypocrisy.
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 01:02 AM   #22
beanluc
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 18
beanluc is on a distinguished road
Re: Armegeddon Forum Policy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
get your game's name bumped up to the top of the recent topics list.
Except in THIS case. This time, a different game's name is getting bumped every time.

Yours?

Heh.
beanluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 10:17 AM   #23
Realedazed
Member
 
Realedazed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: AZ
Home MUD: Armageddon
Home MUD: Harshlands
Home MUD: DartMUD
Posts: 157
Realedazed is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Realedazed Send a message via Yahoo to Realedazed
Re: Armegeddon Forum Policy?

Honestly, I found the criticism of the game spot on. I actually enjoy playing New Worlds. I like the mini games (fishing, clamming, etc) and the occasional light RP that can be had while doing those activities. But, I wouldn't go there for anything other than "tavern RP". Also, if you are not a "BORGer", you will burn out before you can even join a guild.

I would love it that during Serfdom, a player could be an apprentice, acolyte, hopeful or something before gaining full guild acceptance. Then, the newbie is given a set of tasks and are actually taught about the guild, their beliefs, their mission, etc. When I played, I felt like it was assumed that I was an old player with a new character. I was given pages and pages to read, then expected to write an essay. Almost every question I had was met with "Find out IC" then when I tried to find out ICly, I found nothing but idlers.

I wanted to play a Druid. I don't remember the exact details, but I was sent several long mail messages and my task was to explain the concept of nature or something like that. Where's the RP in that? I would like it if I was tasked with sitting in on sermon or lectures, then providing feedback. Or, given a tenet of the religion and tasked with going out in the world and doing something accordance to that. For example, "Go forth and be awesome to each other". So, I go out and compliment everyone I meet in the streets, then go back to write on how that made me feel or something. Honestly, that seems much more interactive and fun to me. But, each his own.

Also, somewhat related rant. From their descriptions, there's so much Traders/Merchants can do. They control the ships, housings, banks/storage, etc. But, they only focus on descriptions for clothing, food, perfumes. etc. I wanted to be a merchant to RP all types of stuff, but I'm not a good writer (as you may have noticed, lol). Despite this, I actually enjoyed my time applying for the this guild because it was so interactive. It wasn't like that by design, though. It was the typical task mail tag. But, since I had to ask for feedback a lot, I got to follow a few merchants around while I waited for them to be free to help me. I got to RP with both merchants and customers and see what they do on the daily. In the end, I didn't continue since writing descriptions burned me out (I really hate descing, I'd rather just RP).
Realedazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 07:49 PM   #24
Newworlds
Legend
 
Newworlds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Posts: 1,382
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Re: Armegeddon Forum Policy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realedazed View Post
Honestly, I found the criticism of the game spot on. I actually enjoy playing New Worlds...
I don't think you really had the chance to play the game long enough to get into the deeper side of things. From your descriptions and critique it sounds like you never even joined a guild which is sad. I think you might have liked the more seroius role play you find when you get involved with a guild, religion, politics, intrigue, social conflict, and the interaction those things bring.
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 08:07 PM   #25
Realedazed
Member
 
Realedazed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: AZ
Home MUD: Armageddon
Home MUD: Harshlands
Home MUD: DartMUD
Posts: 157
Realedazed is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Realedazed Send a message via Yahoo to Realedazed
Re: Armegeddon Forum Policy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newworlds View Post
I don't think you really had the chance to play the game long enough to get into the deeper side of things. From your descriptions and critique it sounds like you never even joined a guild which is sad. I think you might have liked the more seroius role play you find when you get involved with a guild, religion, politics, intrigue, social conflict, and the interaction those things bring.
Unfortunately, I didn't join a guild. BORGing wore me out because I don't really care for the combat system. Then, as a serf I spent a great deal of time applying for the Merchants guild, but I really didn't want to describe things. So, I after about 3-4 tasks I just gave up. I attempted to apply to the Druids, but was very put off by the essays that I needed to write. I know, I'm playing a text game. But, I *really* don't find writing like that fun. Different strokes for different folks. Not trying to bash the game, because I did enjoy some of my time there. But, in the end, I guess the game is just not for me.
Realedazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 11:22 AM   #26
Newworlds
Legend
 
Newworlds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Posts: 1,382
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Re: Armegeddon Forum Policy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realedazed View Post
Unfortunately, I didn't join a guild. BORGing wore me out because I don't really care for the combat system. Then, as a serf I spent a great deal of time applying for the Merchants guild, but I really didn't want to describe things. So, I after about 3-4 tasks I just gave up. I attempted to apply to the Druids, but was very put off by the essays that I needed to write. I know, I'm playing a text game. But, I *really* don't find writing like that fun. Different strokes for different folks. Not trying to bash the game, because I did enjoy some of my time there. But, in the end, I guess the game is just not for me.
There are many things to do besides hunting/adventuring. I think you would have enjoyed the Druids or if you have a dark side then the Dahkoar (however, you'd have to start in the south for that and that may have been too rough. Depends on your ability to handle hierarchy and oppression). I agree with you about the writing, what's up with that!? I don't remember druids requiring that. I tend to like tasks to involve others or be quest'ish, ya know?

Anyways, I think the game is for you if you can land in a guild and become involved. As for bashing the game? Nothing wrong with that if it is constructive criticism. If you got the nerve, I would challenge you to start in the southland and get into the Dahkoar Guild. I'd be interested in what you thought. It is much tougher though so maybe not :-P
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 05:55 PM   #27
Realedazed
Member
 
Realedazed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: AZ
Home MUD: Armageddon
Home MUD: Harshlands
Home MUD: DartMUD
Posts: 157
Realedazed is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Realedazed Send a message via Yahoo to Realedazed
Re: Armegeddon Forum Policy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newworlds View Post
There are many things to do besides hunting/adventuring. I think you would have enjoyed the Druids or if you have a dark side then the Dahkoar (however, you'd have to start in the south for that and that may have been too rough. Depends on your ability to handle hierarchy and oppression). I agree with you about the writing, what's up with that!? I don't remember druids requiring that. I tend to like tasks to involve others or be quest'ish, ya know?

Anyways, I think the game is for you if you can land in a guild and become involved. As for bashing the game? Nothing wrong with that if it is constructive criticism. If you got the nerve, I would challenge you to start in the southland and get into the Dahkoar Guild. I'd be interested in what you thought. It is much tougher though so maybe not :-P
Actually I debated checking it out. The character I've been wanting to play was a Druid that was all about the dark side of nature. I think you have to wait until you make into a guild and some other stuff before you can make a second. I didn't want to delete my current character since she was able to get a boat and a bunch of custom stuff.
Realedazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 06:24 PM   #28
Captive
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Name: Jason
Posts: 7
Captive is on a distinguished road
Re: Armegeddon Forum Policy?

Let's note the irony of the thread ending up here given earlier comments.

This guy really can take a post about absolutely anything and turn it into a reason why everyone should play New Worlds. He makes it an art form. At least it's his own thread this time, not the usual hijacking.
Captive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 08:43 PM   #29
WarHound
Member
 
WarHound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Locked in a place where no one goes...
Home MUD: Armageddon.org
Posts: 218
WarHound is on a distinguished road
Re: Armegeddon Forum Policy?

Hard to fault the guy for pushing his own game. He could certainly stand to be a little less... whorish about it.
WarHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 09:08 PM   #30
Newworlds
Legend
 
Newworlds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Posts: 1,382
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Re: Armegeddon Forum Policy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captive View Post
Let's note the irony of the thread ending up here given earlier comments.

This guy really can take a post about absolutely anything and turn it into a reason why everyone should play New Worlds. He makes it an art form. At least it's his own thread this time, not the usual hijacking.
Seeing all the threads you have started and the plethora of posts you have made your words do hold a lot of weight mister Captive. I can tell they are sincere and constructive....on the other hand, perhaps not.
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 09:10 PM   #31
Newworlds
Legend
 
Newworlds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Posts: 1,382
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Re: Armegeddon Forum Policy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarHound View Post
Hard to fault the guy for pushing his own game. He could certainly stand to be a little less... whorish about it.
Yes, I should not have responded to any of the replies here. That makes perfect sense.
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 09:17 PM   #32
Newworlds
Legend
 
Newworlds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Posts: 1,382
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Re: Armegeddon Forum Policy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realedazed View Post
Actually I debated checking it out. The character I've been wanting to play was a Druid that was all about the dark side of nature. I think you have to wait until you make into a guild and some other stuff before you can make a second. I didn't want to delete my current character since she was able to get a boat and a bunch of custom stuff.
Due to the Armageddon posters recent replies, I'll send you a PM for information on what to do about your character.

Short answer: Yes, you cannot make a 2nd character, but your idea of a Dark Druid has a lot of promise.
Long answer: Look for a PM.
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 10:34 AM   #33
Jazuela
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: New England
Posts: 843
Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
Re: Armegeddon Forum Policy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newworlds View Post
Seeing all the threads you have started and the plethora of posts you have made your words do hold a lot of weight mister Captive. I can tell they are sincere and constructive....on the other hand, perhaps not.
WTH are you talking about? This poster has SEVEN posts total on TMS, spanning back several years. Unlike yourself, Captive has not spammed TMS forum with thread and post after thread and post pretending to be concerned about a subject, but really only trying to insert his own game into the topic, thus derailing it and promoting his own game in the process. You know, like how the insurance salesman at your cousin's wedding reception manages to thrust the topic of insurance into every conversation, thus making everyone feel uncomfortable and driving them to suddenly have an interest in Aunt Millie's lampshade hat over on the other side of the dance floor.

You ARE that sleazy insurance salesman. You might be selling awesome insurance, but no one wants to buy it from you, because of your tactics.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 10:53 PM   #34
Newworlds
Legend
 
Newworlds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Posts: 1,382
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Re: Armegeddon Forum Policy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
WTH are you talking about? This poster has SEVEN posts total on TMS, spanning back several years. Unlike yourself, Captive has not spammed TMS forum with thread and post after thread and post pretending to be concerned about a subject....[continued rant]...
Is Jazuela the only one that didn't notice my post was dripping with unabashed sarcasm? Classic Jazuela as usual.
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 10:30 PM   #35
dark acacia
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 263
dark acacia is on a distinguished road
Re: Armegeddon Forum Policy?

Back again after giving Ateraan another try. I've been planting stuff for days trying to get to level 10 and max out my skills. The tavern is always dead. People don't RP much [with newbies] and they don't emote or maybe I'd learn ICly better ways of getting experience at immigrant status. There's 130+ people online, but I don't see how because it's always so dead (unless they're all in the South).
dark acacia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 10:24 AM   #36
WarHound
Member
 
WarHound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Locked in a place where no one goes...
Home MUD: Armageddon.org
Posts: 218
WarHound is on a distinguished road
Re: Armegeddon Forum Policy?

This thread is back. Hooray.
WarHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 09:44 PM   #37
Newworlds
Legend
 
Newworlds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Posts: 1,382
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Re: Armegeddon Forum Policy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarHound View Post
This thread is back. Hooray.
Suprisingly it never left.
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 04:28 PM   #38
SelfCoded
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 11
SelfCoded is on a distinguished road
Re: Armegeddon Forum Policy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newworlds View Post
Got a question.

While surfing the net to find some forums on MUDs I oddly came upon this little gem:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...24817099,d.aXo

It is a post on the Armageddon Game Forums where the Administration encourages their players to post negativity about other games on their forums. I found this quite shocking.

While I'm not a fan of Armageddon for a variety of reasons (mainly the concept and construct of what is roleplay intensive). I have never spoken poorly about their game in the Ateraan forums or on our game. Nor does New Worlds Ateraan tolerate negativity about other games on our forums or in OOC discussion. This is because it is always one sided and almost always lacking the true facts of the game. On the contrary, I have suggested Armageddon as a viable alternative to a Roleplaying game.

I just happened to remember the player who posted when he came on the game. He was adverse to the difficulty of the roleplay involved in joining a guild on Ateraan as well as many roleplay intensive things on Ateraan that made me surprised he was an Armageddon player but couldn't handle the roleplay requirements of Ateraan. I was going to post many of his comments and refute them as silly and non factual, but my real question is this: Why is the administration of Armageddon encouraging this type of forum against other games? Could someone from Armageddon answer this question?
Uh, what?

Someone gave a thorough review of your game on a forum somewhere, and you're crying about the Armageddon staff why? Encourages players to post negatively...?

That's such a bad, misleading way to present your query. I've never played your game, but if this is the kind of administration leading it... I'm not touching your game.

If you wanted to respond to a review about your game, then you do that. That's fine. That's not what you're doing. You're trying to appeal to others in an attention seeking manner as if you've been done some great injustice. Someone reviewing your game is not a great injustice.

Grow up.
SelfCoded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 10:56 PM   #39
Newworlds
Legend
 
Newworlds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Posts: 1,382
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Re: Armegeddon Forum Policy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelfCoded View Post
Uh, what?

Someone gave a thorough review of your game on a forum somewhere, and you're crying about the Armageddon staff why? Encourages players to post negatively...?

That's such a bad, misleading way to present your query. I've never played your game, but if this is the kind of administration leading it... I'm not touching your game.

If you wanted to respond to a review about your game, then you do that. That's fine. That's not what you're doing. You're trying to appeal to others in an attention seeking manner as if you've been done some great injustice. Someone reviewing your game is not a great injustice.

Grow up.
You do realize you are about 2 months late and 20 posts short. Perhaps read through the thread before you comment on an old post and then all of your goals and dreams will be realized.

Nevertheless, thank you for bumping it to the top and keeping it alive. Warhound, did you put him up to this?
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 11:21 PM   #40
dark acacia
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 263
dark acacia is on a distinguished road
Re: Armegeddon Forum Policy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newworlds View Post
Nevertheless, thank you for bumping it to the top and keeping it alive.
Good job proving them right about you.

Also I tried Ateraan again and it still sucks.
dark acacia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Style based on a design by Essilor
Copyright Top Mud Sites.com 2014