Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Introduce Yourself
Click here to Register

Old 09-23-2003, 07:46 PM   #1
Lueinden

Lueinden is on a distinguished road
Well hello there, members of TMS. Some of you here might know me from some of my past and current characters on many muds. I've played a lot of them over the past 5 years. My mudding addiction began about 5 years ago or so, and since then I've played about one mud steadily for 2 years. I made friends etc, but since then I've been unable to find a good mud to settle down in. It's either the elements or the theme, but something always seems to push me off. Maybe some of you other mudders can help me out somehow . I'm slightly experienced in web design(Emphasizing on slightly), and I'm good with OLC(You'll never see a longer room description after you've seen one of mine ). A few of my past characters on many muds have been Lueinden Anvaran (of course), Verdis Stavdin, Aroshi, Vraetal, and many many others I cannot think of and won't try to at the moment. I enjoy reading epic fantasies and writing as a hobby.

Great to meet you all!
Lueinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 05:39 AM   #2
erdos

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Lueinden @ Sep. 23 2003,18:46)
...I'm good with OLC(You'll never see a longer room description after you've seen one of mine   ).
I don't understand why people think every room has to have a 3 page description. A room's description ought to depend on its' importance. For example the lair of the evil priest king which can only be traversed through hours of mazes and fighting dragons and finding hidden keys, should be long, but one of the many side streets in Typical Town should be concise. Now I'm not saying a one-or-two liner necessarily, but something like 5-8 lines. And for unimportant filler rooms, not even uniqueness is really all that important. If you make a town or other type of area where EVERY room, including "paths from one significant point to the next" which are just filler, has a huge and unique room description, it just becomes a burden to read it all.
Old 09-24-2003, 05:23 PM   #3
Lueinden

Well, I meant to say that it was possible for me to do so. I wouldn't bother placing a three page description for every room. Tedious, no? Just to not start a flame war, I'll declare you as winner and say you were right... Just keep in mind that the comment was not that seriously implied.
Old 09-25-2003, 04:55 AM   #4
erdos

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Lueinden @ Sep. 24 2003,16:23)
Well, I meant to say that it was possible for me to do so.  I wouldn't bother placing a three page description for every room.  Tedious, no?  Just to not start a flame war, I'll declare you as winner and say you were right...  Just keep in mind that the comment was not that seriously implied.
Ah, I did not mean to direct my reply specifically about you, just in general. Apologies if I came off as attacking you directly. In which case I must salute you for your levelheaded response. You show a moderation that is sadly lacking in alot of the MUD community these days.
Old 09-25-2003, 05:29 PM   #5
Lueinden

No problem . I'm not the type of person who goes off into a blind rage about something tiny. By my intro post I meant that I COULD write those long descriptions but I don't, ya know? We have some builders these days that are only cabpable of writing 2-3 line descriptions and being done with it. There are also the builders who can do magnificent descriptions and are very well versed in room creation. I'm not sure how good I am at building any more since I stopped. I wasn't really getting any satisfaction in return for building. Right now I'm getting into writiing, mostly epic fantasy. Maybe I can let some of the people here look over what I've got, or will have.