Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Introduce Yourself
Click here to Register

Old 07-09-2004, 07:07 AM   #1
Caggles

Caggles is on a distinguished road
Yep.

I'm just THAT special, I felt I needed a thread dedicated to me, who am I and what I'm doing these days.

Relative newcomer to MUDs, having started in September '02 on The Inquisition (playing a few notables - Gryphael, Cullan, Raccia), then moved on to The Turning Point when that shut. So I in NO way claim to have huge amounts of experience MUDding.

Not terribly interested in code, or playing with numbers, or pkilling or anything, I'm a bit of a rp geek (and when I found a MUD with decent RP, I stuck to it!. Took a look at MUSHes, but in my warped, and probably wrong opinion, found they seem to attract drama queens, and HUGE emotes. I'd rather short and snappy, personal preference.

Just recently started building (scary, eh?) for TP. When I say building, though, really... I just play with anything sailory. Secret (or not so secret) passion of mine is an interest in naval history, as well as contemporary naval customs, so I do what I can to keep the naval end of things accurate and interesting.

OOC, I'm just a normal (! player. 24, medical school dropout, currently teaching english in South Korea (and loving it)

So... anyway... that's me.

-Caroline
Caggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 08:39 PM   #2
Davairus

Davairus is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome. Hows the weather in south korea? And is it true they have Starcraft shows on tv?
Davairus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 09:02 PM   #3
Caggles

Looking out the window right now, it's... overcast (through poluution, not clouds) and sitting at about 30 degrees. Expect it to rain every three days, more or less religiously, and when it does, it buckets it down. But today's set to just ba a muggy day.

One thing's for sure. We ain't in Scotland any more!

And yes. Starcraft shows on TV. And shows for that other weird game with the black and white pieces on a huge board (can anyone assist with the name?)
Old 07-09-2004, 09:04 PM   #4
April

April is on a distinguished road
Yay for Caggles, Caggles is cool!  

And so is Sir Penny. ( I will now consider myself smart for aprox. twenty seconds )

*thinks about boats, turns green, thinks about something else*
*thinks about her Korean roommate from the past, remembers lots of noodles, lots of lotions, lots of chit-chat on the telephone in not-so-quiet tones at 6am*
*thinks about TP. calms down. rids mind of the thought of boats, and noodle-smell*

Felt oddly inclined to reply...... don't know why.  Ignore me if it helps - I wont go away but at least you wont be paying attnetion.
April is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 09:06 PM   #5
Dulan

Dulan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Dulan
Go.

(Edit) Name of game. Sorry.

-D
Dulan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 10:13 PM   #6
Sacac

Sacac is on a distinguished road
Hey caggles!
Www.armageddon.org is definately a RP game, fun too.

I like Caggles.
South korea.. Mmmhmmm..
Chess?
Oregon trail?
Sacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 01:34 AM   #7
Caggles

Aha! I know this game! You say random things with a question mark after them...

Porridge?

Troop?

Noodle?

Or am I getting the wrong idea? Chess and oregon trail... I'm worried...

In the unlikely event anybody gives a flying... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ScryMUD event: Sat Aug 5 and new zone jaeger MUD Announcements 0 08-03-2006 02:21 PM
Accursed Lands features flying! snoozer Advertising for Players 0 03-26-2006 06:03 PM
Ideas on an Event Queue Lanthum MUD Coding 19 03-07-2005 10:45 PM
Chaos December (x-mas) Event Hephos Advertising for Players 0 12-08-2004 06:22 PM
MUD-Con I Plans (online event) Orion Elder MUD Announcements 0 10-24-2002 03:40 PM