Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2002, 07:55 PM   #41
Dulan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 354
Dulan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Dulan
Psuedo-? It's real, Seth. I'm a Psych major, among other things. While by no means am I qualified to be a doctor, I can fairly accurately figure out what is going around in most people's heads. You, my friend, are an extremely easy one to figure out. We do not fit in your schema, and thus, you attack if we try to contradict it.

People, as a whole, are not sheep. Learn that, Ingham, and know it. If you expect them to fit your mental picture, they won't. And you will be attacked for trying to fit them in.

As for your post: You took something publicly which should not have been taken publicly. I agree with the decision to punish you, albeit not in that manner. I would have merely deleted your character for a first offense, then banned on second. Of course, considering the story that you posted, there was far more than a first and second offense. And since it is obviously biased towards your view of the world....

-D
Dulan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 08:01 PM   #42
Seth
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Ede, The Netherlands
Posts: 271
Seth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Seth Send a message via MSN to Seth
Alastair, you are so right it hurts.

Even tho if I did do everything you said, I still would have gotten in a mess with abusive immortals sooner or later anyways, but that's not the issue... Thank you for summing up the things I need to remember when (or , more likely, IF) I ever visit a MUD again.
Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 08:02 PM   #43
Seth
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Ede, The Netherlands
Posts: 271
Seth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Seth Send a message via MSN to Seth
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Dulan @ May 05 2002,12:55 am)
While by no means am I qualified to be a doctor
Then don't try to act like on, Dr. Fraud.
Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 08:12 PM   #44
Dulan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 354
Dulan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Dulan
Once again, you lash out as I violate your schema's.

Ingham, you somehow read, but do not comprehend what I state. I do not know many that have that dubious distinction, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

-D
Dulan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 08:20 PM   #45
Seth
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Ede, The Netherlands
Posts: 271
Seth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Seth Send a message via MSN to Seth
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Dulan @ May 05 2002,01:12 am)
Once again, you lash out as I violate your schema's.

Ingham, you somehow read, but do not comprehend what I state. I do not know many that have that dubious distinction, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

-D
Au contraire, mon petit ami, I lash out because someone dense with a closed mind has a really tough time accepting anything but his version of the truth. For example, I apologized for spamming and in public said I'd refrain from such activities, yet you keep on calling me a spammer while even Orion and KaVir have already read my apologies and accepted them. Yet you keep calling me a spammer, because otherwise you would have no reason at all to act all anal like this. Besides, accepting m,y apologies would mean I am right and how can anyone but yourself be right in your "scheme"?
Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 08:28 PM   #46
Dulan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 354
Dulan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Dulan
No, you'll be branded as a spammer forever, bud. You just won't get flamed over spam anymore. Pretty simple concept.

As for the rest - I'm not attacking you over spam. I'm attacking you over acting like a self-righteous asshole who cannot possibly see that a MUD may have been right to remove him from it.

Simple enough for you, neh?

-D
Dulan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 08:34 PM   #47
Seth
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Ede, The Netherlands
Posts: 271
Seth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Seth Send a message via MSN to Seth
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Dulan @ May 05 2002,01:28 am)
No, you'll be branded as a spammer forever, bud. You just won't get flamed over spam anymore. Pretty simple concept.

As for the rest - I'm not attacking you over spam. I'm attacking you over acting like a self-righteous asshole who cannot possibly see that a MUD may have been right to remove him from it.

Simple enough for you, neh?

-D
Bitter and ignorant people rock!

Ever thought about a career in politics? I hear they could use more close-minded people with an IQ not higher then their age like you and Bush.
Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 08:38 PM   #48
Dulan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 354
Dulan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Dulan
Interesting. And now you jump to insults of my intelligence.

Unfortunately, I know a rough estimate of my IQ - And, unless you believe in the Bible, no human has lived that long, Sethie-poo. If I was that old, I'd be a medical curiousity.

But, bitter? Not really. Irritated is closer. I get ****y when irritated - and you have managed to irritate the **** right out of me. I'd make a remark about sphincters, but you'd then go off about gayness, as I expect your next remarks to hover around as you've turned to the juvenile, but classic, 'IQ' insults that so many newbs-wannabes fall back on when they cannot think up a good response, but are too young to realize that they should concede the point.

Now, it is very simple. RoD may have been right to ban you. Now that your support group is beginning to realize that, you turn on the people that say that RoD could have been right - we do not know their story. We violate your schema - and you attack us, because you do not wish us to fit into it. Or you may not know how to fit us into it, yet.

-D
Dulan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 08:52 PM   #49
Seth
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Ede, The Netherlands
Posts: 271
Seth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Seth Send a message via MSN to Seth
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Dulan @ May 05 2002,01:38 am)
Interesting. And now you jump to insults of my intelligence.

Unfortunately, I know a rough estimate of my IQ - And, unless you believe in the Bible, no human has lived that long, Sethie-poo. If I was that old, I'd be a medical curiousity.

But, bitter? Not really. Irritated is closer. I get ****y when irritated - and you have managed to irritate the **** right out of me. I'd make a remark about sphincters, but you'd then go off about gayness, as I expect your next remarks to hover around as you've turned to the juvenile, but classic, 'IQ' insults that so many newbs-wannabes fall back on when they cannot think up a good response, but are too young to realize that they should concede the point.

Now, it is very simple. RoD may have been right to ban you. Now that your support group is beginning to realize that, you turn on the people that say that RoD could have been right - we do not know their story. We violate your schema - and you attack us, because you do not wish us to fit into it. Or you may not know how to fit us into it, yet.

-D
Well yes, remarks about your intelligence certainly are allot more subtle then just calling eachother "assholes" all day long, now isn't it? And don't worry, someone with such a deluded view of the world is already a medical curiousity by default. I'm sure they can find ALLOT of interesting anomalies inside that warped brain of yours.

You seem to be stuck on your favourite all time stopword which you use when all other tactics fail. I suggest you use a thesaurus so you can one day find a more original replacement for your word "wannabe", because it's getting quite boring and dull, much like your personality.

Support group? What support group? Are you doing some cheap crack again or something? Because I see NO support group anywhere around here. And besides, I don't think a close-minded twat like you would care about hearing two sides of a story before passing a judgement. You seem to have been busy proving that all along, mistah.
Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 08:56 PM   #50
Shao_Long
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: belfast, UK
Posts: 505
Shao_Long is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Shao_Long Send a message via MSN to Shao_Long
Dulan : You keep telling about your rightness,and about our close-mindness,and stupidity,and yet you cant accept the fact that somebody ever could call you like that.Why by the hell you think others around are all so stupid, and you are ohsoultrasmart ?
Try to do not be such a powerplayer,eh ? Id say,you got much more problems then me+Seth+Xanferious+any 3 more people.

And,I think if Seth has changed his name from Ingham,he had some reasons to do so,and you might consider calling him Seth now,not Ingham.

by the way,Seth..im somehow getting a strange feeling that maybe we should better just ignore Dulan ? somehow,I feel he doesnt likes reading,or at least understanding posts of others too much..
Shao_Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 08:58 PM   #51
nass
Member
 
nass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 128
nass is on a distinguished road
Ingham, you REALLY need to get help, see a shrink or something. I mean if this, which you directed at me, is typical of how you were at RoD, and you don't think you should be banned.... get real pal.

Pssst website owner, lose this guy. He's a punk with "issues", his incessant postings devalue this board to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by
I'm a dull and thick twat and I can't accept the fact that someone other then me is right about something. Henceforth I will refer to my totally irrelevant past experiences and try to seem semi-smart by calling up a random psychological buzzword of which the meaning has eluded me for the past decade, because it is 'in' these days.
nass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 09:05 PM   #52
Seth
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Ede, The Netherlands
Posts: 271
Seth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Seth Send a message via MSN to Seth
Quote:
Originally Posted by (nass @ May 05 2002,01:58 am)
Ingham, you REALLY need to get help, see a shrink or something. I mean if this, which you directed at me, is typical of how you were at RoD, and you don't think you should be banned.... get real pal.

Pssst website owner, lose this guy. He's a punk with "issues", his incessant postings devalue this board to me.
Shrinks scare the poop out of me after I found out Dulan is a psych. major. (or at least that's what he says) I'm too afraid to go to a shrink now, because I'm scared to death my shrink will be a random guy furiously typing on his laptop yelling random stuff like "DIE, SPAMMING INFIDELS!!!" and "*** YOU SETH!!!"

Besides, how can you relate back to RoD if you never even did know me on RoD, punk? And lastly, allow me to remind you that your reason for removal would also very much apply to your and your little sidekick, Dulan.
Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 09:13 PM   #53
Dulan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 354
Dulan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Dulan
My little sidekick? Who, Seth? KaVir? -scratches head-

Dunno if I read that post right, but whatever.

Now, let me put this in simple terms. I do not know if you were banned on RoD for good reasons, for bad reasons, or for none at all. From past experiences, banning would only be done _for a reason_, or else heads would roll. Your story even seems to give some of the reasons, but you try to masterfully gloss them over whenever someone brings them up.

You want us to diss on the other side without hearing the other sides story - just yours. If we don't diss on them, and refuse to assume that your story is the whole truth, with no bias from your part, you start attacking us.

Grow up. Learn there are other views then your own.

-D
Dulan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 09:21 PM   #54
Seth
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Ede, The Netherlands
Posts: 271
Seth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Seth Send a message via MSN to Seth
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Dulan @ May 05 2002,02:13 am)
My little sidekick? Who, Seth? KaVir? -scratches head-

Dunno if I read that post right, but whatever.

Now, let me put this in simple terms. I do not know if you were banned on RoD for good reasons, for bad reasons, or for none at all. From past experiences, banning would only be done _for a reason_, or else heads would roll. Your story even seems to give some of the reasons, but you try to masterfully gloss them over whenever someone brings them up.

You want us to diss on the other side without hearing the other sides story - just yours. If we don't diss on them, and refuse to assume that your story is the whole truth, with no bias from your part, you start attacking us.

Grow up. Learn there are other views then your own.

-D
Hypocrite.

You've been saying the same thing for at least 10 posts and it clearly says that you think my story is absolute bullcrock because of the fact that RoD would NEVER ban someone without a reason. This also contradicts your story about dissing someone without hearing both sides. For starters, I never did ask you to diss RoD in this thread. Besides, if you haven't heard both sides of the story yet, then why are you dissing me? You are so much fun when you contradict yourself

As for the views bit, that's quite ironic. Why don;t you "view" things my way then for a second and do the stuff you claim I am incapable of?
Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 09:25 PM   #55
Dulan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 354
Dulan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Dulan
Quote:
Originally Posted by
You've been saying the same thing for at least 10 posts and it clearly says that you think my story is absolute bullcrock because of the fact that RoD would NEVER ban someone without a reason. This also contradicts your story about dissing someone without hearing both sides. For starters, I never did ask you to diss RoD in this thread. Besides, if you haven't heard both sides of the story yet, then why are you dissing me? You are so much fun when you contradict yourself
Read my posts. Then restate this. Note my comments carefully. You evidently were not reading them, or seem to try to claim that you read them, but didn't understand the content. If someone was banned from RoD without a reason, imms WOULD be fired, I'm very sure of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by
As for the views bit, that's quite ironic. Why don;t you "view" things my way then for a second and do the stuff you claim I am incapable of?
I see your view. What the hell else do you think you are expressing, Ingham? And I attack your view simply because you seem unable to comprehend that you are "Backstabbing" and "talking behind someone's back" without them here being able to defend themselves. You criticize people for doing something, then do it yourself. I'd say that makes you a hypocrite, my friend, and not I.

-D
Dulan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 09:37 PM   #56
Seth
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Ede, The Netherlands
Posts: 271
Seth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Seth Send a message via MSN to Seth
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Dulan @ May 05 2002,02:25 am)
Read my posts. Then restate this. Note my comments carefully. You evidently were not reading them, or seem to try to claim that you read them, but didn't understand the content. If someone was banned from RoD without a reason, imms WOULD be fired, I'm very sure of that.

I see your view. What the hell else do you think you are expressing, Ingham? And I attack your view simply because you seem unable to comprehend that you are "Backstabbing" and "talking behind someone's back" without them here being able to defend themselves. You criticize people for doing something, then do it yourself. I'd say that makes you a hypocrite, my friend, and not I.

-D
Don't evade my question and answer me. If you claim you can pass judgement over something you haven't heard both sides from, then why the hell are you trying to flame me the whole time? The other crock is irrelevant, just answer that question.

As for me being a hypocrite: How? I am not "backstabbing" someone, nor "talking about someone behind their back". I have given my side of this story.

Heck, what would you consider an illegal siteban anyways? What if I threatened to punch someone in the face IRL? Would that be a good reason to siteban me, despite the fact I said that 9 months prior to my siteban and that I long since made up with that person? Because THAT was the true reason of my siteban, given to me in an email by Kevin London, one of the higher level imms. Note tho, that I don't accuse him of anything, because I don't know the guy well enough to pass any judgement.
Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 09:43 PM   #57
Dulan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 354
Dulan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Dulan
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Don't evade my question and answer me. If you claim you can pass judgement over something you haven't heard both sides from, then why the hell are you trying to flame me the whole time? The other crock is irrelevant, just answer that question.
Who said I was passing judgement? I'm saying you are/were a spammer that has yet to apologize for it that I have seen, and see my next point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by
As for me being a hypocrite: How? I am not "backstabbing" someone, nor "talking about someone behind their back". I have given my side of this story.
Yes, you are. You are insulting them, and basically set this entire thread up as a bash on them. They are not here to defend themselves. You are talking behind their back. You criticize other people. Then you accuse me of being a hypocrite. I would not have brought this up if you had not accused me of it when yourself are far from innocent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Heck, what would you consider an illegal siteban anyways? What if I threatened to punch someone in the face IRL? Would that be a good reason to siteban me, despite the fact I said that 9 months prior to my siteban and that I long since made up with that person? Because THAT was the true reason of my siteban, given to me in an email by Kevin London, one of the higher level imms. Note tho, that I don't accuse him of anything, because I don't know the guy well enough to pass any judgement.
Nothing is an illegal siteban. If you pay for a MUD out of your own pocket, or put in hours and hours of work - for free, without compensation - I see no reason why someone should be able to insult or criticize you as you did on your own MUD. No one. You are a guest to their MUD, Ingham. It is their choice of how to punish you, when to punish you, and how to punish you. Hell, if they punish you. Anything they choose to give you is their right. They pay for it. They put their work in. You play on their hard work, and have fun with their hard work.

-D
Dulan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 09:54 PM   #58
Seth
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Ede, The Netherlands
Posts: 271
Seth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Seth Send a message via MSN to Seth
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Dulan @ May 05 2002,02:43 am)
Who said I was passing judgement? I'm saying you are/were a spammer that has yet to apologize for it that I have seen, and see my next point.

Yes, you are. You are insulting them, and basically set this entire thread up as a bash on them. They are not here to defend themselves. You are talking behind their back. You criticize other people. Then you accuse me of being a hypocrite. I would not have brought this up if you had not accused me of it when yourself are far from innocent.

Nothing is an illegal siteban. If you pay for a MUD out of your own pocket, or put in hours and hours of work - for free, without compensation - I see no reason why someone should be able to insult or criticize you as you did on your own MUD. No one. You are a guest to their MUD, Ingham. It is their choice of how to punish you, when to punish you, and how to punish you. Hell, if they punish you. Anything they choose to give you is their right. They pay for it. They put their work in. You play on their hard work, and have fun with their hard work.

-D
Allow me to refer back to you passing judgement:

Quote:
Originally Posted by
As for your post: You took something publicly which should not have been taken publicly. I agree with the decision to punish you, albeit not in that manner. I would have merely deleted your character for a first offense, then banned on second. Of course, considering the story that you posted, there was far more than a first and second offense. And since it is obviously biased towards your view of the world....
And I am not setting up this thread to bash them. Take a look at who started this thread, Einstein. Look. See. Weep. And finally, get lost along the way, thank you. And I think the referral I just posted is a nice way to point out you are quite the hypocrite indeed, claiming that passing judgement before hearing both sides isn't a good thing yet still doing so yourself.

As for the siteban bit, I though YOU were so sure about RoD never sitebanning anyone for a wrong reason? I mean, YOU said heads would roll if that would happen, but now you suddenly say this... I mean, really, you ought to stop contradicting yourself if you want ANY chance in ANY argument, because right now it's getting pathetic, with you ever repeating the same warped crock over and over...

I grow tired of this. Literally... Need sleeeep before my posts start to lose coherency like Dulan's. So Dulan, this gives you a few hours to think up of some original arguement and to write a decent post. Good luck, you'll need it because you are boring me.
Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 09:57 PM   #59
Dulan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 354
Dulan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Dulan
Ingham,

#1: Heads would roll if it was a siteban without reason
#2: If you own a MUD, there can be no wrong reason to ban. It is your MUD. The only thing that can be considered 'wrong' is by your superiors or your own sense of ethics. If Moonbeam and co banned you for a wrong reason or no reason, heads would have rolled. But, evidently, Moonbeam et all's superiors thought it was a good reason to ban.

Personally, if this were my MUD, and you pulled this crap, I'd harass Syn for your IP, and go after your ISP account or some other bullcrap.

-D
Dulan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 10:03 PM   #60
Mia
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 76
Mia is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Shao_Long @ May 03 2002,3:28 pm)
hey Mia..Im a jerk you're talking about..
Good to know I'll keep that in mind...so let me ask...does it make you feel good to tear other people down?
Mia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools


this one's about leaving muds - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Strange Phenomenon About Leaving A Mud Fifi Tavern of the Blue Hand 14 05-18-2006 09:23 PM
I am leaving these boards... Molly Tavern of the Blue Hand 52 06-04-2005 08:59 PM
Any Muds? Asalyt Advertising for Players 6 03-10-2004 10:10 PM
RP Muds.....again Realedazed Advertising for Players 3 08-14-2003 11:43 AM
D&D Muds Muerte Advertising for Staff 2 06-26-2002 03:25 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.0.0
Style based on a design by Essilor
Copyright Top Mud Sites.com 2014