|Search MUDS||MUD Listings||Visit Homepage||Connect Via Telnet|
|Necromium - MUD Details|
|Move your mouse pointer over field labels for a brief explanation|
|Necromium - MUD Description|
|Mankind awoke from the second age remembering little of the past. Much of what was once common knowledge has become legend or myth. The world is new; reborn from ashes as would a phoenix from the flames. And so the third age is a time of rebirth and rebuilding. It is also a time for future legends to be forged...
Necromium has been around since 1996 (almost voting age!) - a highly customized CircleMUD base, with fairly consistent development, especially in the last 3-4 years.
At our peak, we maintained a playerbase of 60-70 players online at all times, 24/7... sadly, in the last few years, that has dwindled thanks to a lack of voting/advertising push, where we now peak at around 18-20. A new influx of players could be just the thing to bring a whole lot more fun into an already-addictive game! (We have many players who have played for 12-15 years).
We have a very large world (about 31,000 rooms in just over 130 original zones), spanning 5 continents (separated by some large oceans), with a beautiful automatically-generated & builder-customized overhead map to go with it.
A short list of some of the many cool features we have that players seem to love:
• Many large equipment runs that require large groups of co-operative play
• Five continents separated by a large ocean
• Ships and ocean combat
• Built-in customizable triggers that save with your character
• Online player "armory" for viewing others' equipment, training, and stats
• Equipment stat tweaking system to allow for nearly unlimited customization
• Automated tour for new players
• The Necromium Academy, a clan designed to help new players find answers and friends
• Extensive help files that are easy to navigate
• Friendly and knowledgable Player Assistants
• Full multiclassing system with 16 classes and a total of 165 levels
• Endless player development through a Character Points system, allowing for nearly unlimited choice of customization
• Restricted player killing
• Dragon Battles - fight other players (or staff!) on a perfectly level playing field, to test your skills
• Automated damage and healing tracking and reporting
• Overhead automapping of all zones
• Numerous coded and scripted quests
• A multi-tiered clan system that allows for wars between Houses
• Player owned real estate
• Full color and prompt configurability
• Active forums
• Dragoncards, an original card game
• Hiring builders
• - help, game info, forums, and more
• - A customized web-based client to connect to Necromium
We would love to see you in our neck of the woods!
-Jaguar, head Immortal and coder of Necromium