Top Mud Sites Forum

Top Mud Sites Forum (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/index.php)
-   MUD Announcements (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   ImmU Creative Writing Contest (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3852)

DarrylTheHitman 07-08-2004 11:07 PM

Immortal University is holding a creative writing
contest. Starting on July 1st, and running through the 24th,
submissions will begin to be accepted. If you are
interested, please refer to the first link below for
the contest rules. If you have any questions,
comments or additional ideas, then please post them
via the second link below.

Molly 07-09-2004 07:06 PM

How fussy are you about story length?

I've got an entry, but it's around 3100 words long, and the rules say 2500. I've already cut it down from 4500 words, so I don't think I can hone it any more without losing something essential.

Should I bother sending it in?

Ntanel 07-09-2004 09:03 PM

Wow, 2500 was not enough? We talking single or double space? Send it anyways!

As of July 9, if you have submitted your story before this date, please resubmit it once more. Due to a filtering issue submissions may have become lost in bulk mail. The filters have hopefully been readjusted correctly. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you!

Ntanel 07-13-2004 03:16 AM

Has anyone submitted? I have not seen a single submission and we are halfway through submission deadline, it is the 24 of July. If it is a matter of size, we will take anything, we may just only read the first five pages.

Let me know soon, thanks!

Molly 07-13-2004 10:33 AM

Relax, Ntanel,

People will most likely wait until the last possible moment, that's how it usually works.

Iluvatar 07-13-2004 12:39 PM

Interesting. I've got 2575 words so far in pitch 11, doublespaced .doc using only 8 pages. Too many big words Molly?

Molly 07-13-2004 04:12 PM

Kyndig 07-13-2004 06:42 PM

AhHhHhAhah hah hah

Now _that_ was funny.

Good luck to all you builder gurus out there. Look forwarding to reading your entries.

-Kyndig

Ntanel 07-14-2004 09:19 PM

Immortal University is holding a creative writing contest.  Starting on July 1 through the 24 submissions will begin to be accepted.  If you are interested, please refer to the first link below for the contest rules.  If you have any questions, comments or additional ideas, then please post them via the second link below.

As of July 9, if you have submitted your story before this date, please resubmit it once more. Due to a filtering issue submissions may have become lost in bulk mail. The filters have hopefully been readjusted correctly. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you!

The judges will accept any size submission, but will only be required to read the maximum stated in the rules.  The rules have been adjusted accordingly to state this change.

If your article it too big to submit, IM me here and I will pass along an email. Molly, your IM box is full, else I would have given you my email.

Ntanel 07-24-2004 01:22 AM

One day left!